PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 76
  1. #1
    GWOnline.Net Member NeVeRLiFt's Avatar
    Posts

    683

    [W/Mo, Various] NeVeRLiFt's Solo Farming & Tank Build

    Here is the build I use to farm and solo large parts of Tyria and Cantha.
    This build is not only great for soloing but works great in groups.

    Well let's get started...

    Use the Crimson Carapace Shield with 12 Armor (Req 8 Tactics), +45 Health (while in enchanted), -2 Damage Received (while enchanted), and the collector Sword (Req. 9 Sword) +15% damage (while enchanted) (customized with (my preference) Sundering or Furious hilt and Defense pommel)

    Vargil the White
    ----------------
    Location: In the northwest corner of Mamnoon Lagoon next to Hadasha the Artisan
    Collects: 5 Ancient Eyes
    * Crimson Carapace Shield, Armor: 16 (req. 8 Tactics)
    Health +45 (while enchanted)
    Received Damage -2 (while enchanted)
    The only way to get a shield like this with +16AL is in Factions (crafted or collector), the other way is by getting the Green shield Malinon's Shield dropped by Malinon Threshammer in Sorrow's Furnace.

    Uderit Ignis
    -------------------
    Location: Vulture Drifts just outside of Dunes of Despair
    Collects: 5 Jade Mandibles
    * Long Sword, Slashing Dmg: 15-22 (req. 9 Swordsmanship)
    Damage +15% (while enchanted)


    I use these skills when farming area's with casters and bosses, area's that don't have alot melee mobs.
    Attributes
    Swordsmanship - 11 +1
    Tactics - 7 +1 +1
    Strenght - 6 +1
    Smiting Prayers - 4
    Healing Prayers - 10





    Sever Artery
    Galrath Slash
    Pure Strike

    Open skills slot (Sprint is useful here as is an attack of your choice)
    Healing Hands
    Vigorous Spirit
    Balthazar's Spirit
    Mending




    I use these skills when farming area's with melee mobs.
    Attributes
    Swordsmanship - 11 +1
    Tactics - 10 +1 +1
    Strenght - 1 +1
    Healing Prayers - 10





    Riposte
    Galrath Slash
    Pure Strike
    Deadly Riposte
    Healing Hands
    Vigorous Spirit
    Balthazar's Spirit
    Mending



    Where to get the skills...
    Riposte
    Gammel (Copperhammer Mines) - Trainer
    Dakk (Ember Light Camp) - Trainer

    Deadly Riposte
    Mazzim (Fishermen's Haven) - Trainer

    Sever Artery
    Grawl Invasion (Green Hills County - Pre-Searing) - Quest
    Gargoyle Trouble (Old Ascalon) - Quest
    Sir Bertran (Ascalon City) - Trainer

    Galrath Slash
    Ephaz (Beetletun) - Trainer

    Pure Strike
    Mysterious Message (Druid's Overlook) - Quest
    Tengsao (The Amnoon Oasis) - Trainer

    Vigorous Spirit
    The Wayward Monk (Yak's Bend) - Quest
    Firstwatch Sergio (Lion's Arch) - Trainer

    Balthazar's Spirit
    The Deserters (Beacon's Perch) - Quest
    Firstwatch Sergio (Lion's Arch) - Trainer

    Mending
    Helping the People of Ascalon (Old Ascalon) - Quest
    Captain Osric (Yak's Bend) - Trainer

    Healing Hands[Elite]
    Rull Browbeater (Perdition Rock) - Sig Cap




    The melee only mob farming build is very good for farming Prophet's Pass.

    When farming Prophet's Pass it's important to remember a few things...
    first you don't rush the Nest Builders, they lay traps which the Marrow Scarabs feed off of and will degen your health using Necro skills.

    What you do is walk up to them with Vigorous Spirit already cast, you let them agro you and walk towards you, they will leave the area that the Nest Builder has laid traps in and attack you.
    You attack and kill the Nest Builder first, once dead you move away from the Nest Builder's body so your enchants are not stripped.
    Next you attack the Marrow Scarabs, you attack one till it's dead and then move away from the body as you did with the Nest Builder.
    You DO NOT use Deadly Riposte while fighting Scarabs.
    Using Riposte is ok here, just use Healing Hands as needed and keep Vigorous Spirit up.

    Now for the Griffons and Minotaurs, this is where you use Deadly Riposte and Riposte. Spam these skills as they are recharged and ready.
    When fighting a large group of Minotaurs do not use Healing Hands till your health is below 300 or even 200. This way your health will be refilled with ease.

    I farm outside Droknar Forge, Whittmans Folly, Beacon's Pearch with these builds and all of the Crystal Deserts.
    This build not only allows you to farm, but works great in groups and can allow you to solo missions are huge groups of melee and caster mobs.

    One word of warning and advice.
    Beware life stealing Necro's and massive health degen as this build is not suited for fighting mobs of these types.
    You don't really have to worry about Mesmer mobs, just cover your enchants using Vigorous Spirit and Healing Hands and kill the Mesmers with ease and then move on to whats left like warrior or caster mobs.
    I can personaly solo the huge mob that comes at the end of Sanctum Cay while the Vizer stands on the beach with this build.

    This build also works in Cantha.
    I have soloed over 6 bosses there with the build and can farm and clear whole area's of the game with it.




    Goodluck and if anyone has any questions just whisper me in game I'll be glad to help if I can.

  2. #2
    kingcraigj
    Guest
    hey, ive been trying out your build, but i just cant kill them nest builders, i use vig then let them chase me away from there traps, then i start fighting them, then they just put more traps down and then by this time i have tones of conditions on me.

    my ingame name is kingcraigj :P

    thanks for reading :P

  3. #3
    russnordy
    Guest
    I have that problem somewhat I as well, Im fairly new to it, but im learning quick. You have get a good distance away from the traps, and sometimes the scarabs will feed off a corpse your fighting next to. That can really tear you up.

    Also, just wondering, how did you get the extra attribute points? I cant see to match your build..

  4. #4
    GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Ora's Avatar
    Posts

    3,599
    It's a general problem of the good old healing hands solo builds for warriors: You can tank forever but you can't kill stuff fast enough. These were popular about a year ago, but things have moved on since...

    Finetuning:

    a) Use a sword instead of a tac helm, since both builds have swords at 12
    b) for my taste that build has to much heal and to little dmg. Given your healing overkill, 8 in heal (3pips mending) should do.
    c) vigorous spirit works better with multistrike attacks. sun/moon comes to mind.
    d) balt spirit is a pita if you are down to 1 or 2 opponents. If the mob doesn't break stances, swap it for bonettis

    A few general remarks:

    a) spreading attribute points over 4 or even 5 attributes doesn't really make sense.
    b) for melee mobs there are at least 3 more efficient builds:
    - go pure warrior with ViM or Glads def
    - or use the cyclone axe/tripple chop builds
    - or go w/mes w epidemic/ViM
    c) for casters and bosses, pure warrior, w/nec (GB) or w/mes builds work best.

  5. #5
    GWOnline.Net Member NeVeRLiFt's Avatar
    Posts

    683
    Quote Originally Posted by Ora
    It's a general problem of the good old healing hands solo builds for warriors: You can tank forever but you can't kill stuff fast enough. These were popular about a year ago, but things have moved on since...

    Finetuning:

    a) Use a sword instead of a tac helm, since both builds have swords at 12
    b) for my taste that build has to much heal and to little dmg. Given your healing overkill, 8 in heal (3pips mending) should do.
    c) vigorous spirit works better with multistrike attacks. sun/moon comes to mind.
    d) balt spirit is a pita if you are down to 1 or 2 opponents. If the mob doesn't break stances, swap it for bonettis

    A few general remarks:

    a) spreading attribute points over 4 or even 5 attributes doesn't really make sense.
    b) for melee mobs there are at least 3 more efficient builds:
    - go pure warrior with ViM or Glads def
    - or use the cyclone axe/tripple chop builds
    - or go w/mes w epidemic/ViM
    c) for casters and bosses, pure warrior, w/nec (GB) or w/mes builds work best.

    I disagree...

    I prefer a tactics helm, and I prefer tactics shields.
    With your 8 in healing you won't solo what I do with 10 in healing.
    Come and do a run with me and you have 8 and I have 10 and lets see who walks away... I have tested it.

    Vigorous spirit does work well with Cyclone axe, Triple chop and Hundred blades... but it also works well with my build, it also serves as a good enchant cover.

    I disagree again, I love Balthazar's Spirit and if need be I can turn it off and then back on as the need suits me.

    The build makes sense to me, 3 -5 points in Smiting prayers is the cut off point for Balthazar's spirit.

    I can solo stuff the W/Me and W/N can't cause they can NOT stay alive.
    They also can not solo as large of mobs as I can with this build.

    FYI I can almost solo the Kepkhet Marrowfeast in Prophet's Pass with this build.


    Thanks for your opinion thou

  6. #6
    GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Ora's Avatar
    Posts

    3,599
    Do the math. If you have 9 in tac but 12 in swords, a tac helm is a waste of attrib points...your +1 helm should be in the attrib with the highest lvl.

    The rest of your arguments, oh well...if you so love your vintage build, that's fine with me.
    It's a pitty, I can't recycle mine, since their core skills have been nerfed
    Last edited by Ora; 13-07-2006 at 02:07.

  7. #7
    GWOnline.Net Member NeVeRLiFt's Avatar
    Posts

    683
    Quote Originally Posted by Ora
    Do the math. If you have 9 in tac but 12 in swords, a tac helm is a waste of attrib points...your +1 helm should be in the attrib with the highest lvl.

    The rest of your arguments, oh well...if you so love your vintage build, that's fine with me.
    It's a pitty, I can't recycle mine, since their core skills have been nerfed
    It's not a waste as I run 12 in tactics, I run two variants of my build.
    So what your saying does not apply.
    Did you fail to see this fact?
    I guess if I had more storage space I would carry two helmets... as it stands I carry one.

    Also wtf are you implying by old? You must be talking about them slow cyclone axe builds....

    Since Anet nerfed AoE spells and skills, leaving what Glad's Defense and SoJ and SS.... the Riposte and Deadly Riposte proven an effective melee build!

    Get over yourself and stop trying to trash the thread.

  8. #8
    GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Ora's Avatar
    Posts

    3,599
    you use the tac helm in the 8 tac build as well, right ?

    Quote:
    ....I use these skills when farming area's with casters and bosses, area's that don't have alot melee mobs.
    Attributes
    Swordsmanship - 11 +1
    Tactics - 7 +1 +1....

    a plain waste of attrib points. period.

    Besides, Paladin builds like yours float all over the net since February 2005.. just google "w/mo paladin build guild wars ", since I can't link here.
    I recommend you start start looking into the more advanced builds posted in this forum before recycling vintage ones, mmkay ?

    As to ripostes: you need 15/16 tac to utilize them fully.

    I didn't say your build doesn't work. It's just painfully slow for killing stuff.

  9. #9
    GWOnline.Net Member NeVeRLiFt's Avatar
    Posts

    683
    Quote Originally Posted by Ora
    you use the tac helm in the 8 tac build as well, right ?

    Quote:
    ....I use these skills when farming area's with casters and bosses, area's that don't have alot melee mobs.
    Attributes
    Swordsmanship - 11 +1
    Tactics - 7 +1 +1....

    a plain waste of attrib points. period.

    Besides, Paladin builds like yours float all over the net since February 2005.. just google "w/mo paladin build guild wars ", since I can't link here.
    I recommend you start start looking into the more advanced builds posted in this forum before recycling vintage ones, mmkay ?

    As to ripostes: you need 15/16 tac to utilize them fully.

    I didn't say your build doesn't work. It's just painfully slow for killing stuff.

    Thats your opinion.
    You show me a build that can solo the stuff I do and then you can run your mouth.


    Anytime you wanna step out into Prophet's Pass with me and let me show you how it's done you let me know.

  10. #10
    GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran6 months registered1,000 Posts
    Silverwyng's Avatar
    Posts

    3,649
    i've had success with the build, although i can't kill the monk griffon boss because he heals right through the bleeding ang the damage. but i can lure them all to the area in the middle of the desert with all the marrows and the nest builders with the other monk boss.

    it takes a bit of getting used to, but it works! i'm gonna try this one later with a few more stances and major sword rune plus more damage stuff!

    thanks for a great build!

Posting Permissions

Posting Permissions

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off