PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Sisterhood
    I'm afraid that any half decent Warrior can solo more effectively than a W/Mo, especially as most of the builds I use do not require you to run at the first sign of enchantment stripping.
    My build is W/Me (yes, I can stay alive) and based on Ripostes, although I'm not going to tell you the exact build, I will say that I can take out Kepkhet completely solo with it and kill the Marrows without them lfe Stealing me. (shame it don't work on Touch Rangers!!)
    In fact, I take so little damage that even bringing a Healing Signet seems pointless, but on the odd occasion I have accidentaly stepped on a trap it has saved my life.
    I came up with the build soloing in Cantha and use it to great effect collecting Green Weapons (57 different one so far)
    Oh, I can also easily kill Screamingclaw, the Griffon Monk Boss as well.
    Please feel free to wander over to the Wurms and show me how to kill them as well (mine can) and when you pick yourself up off the ground take your build to Perdition Rock, gather up all the Flesh Golems you can and tell me what happens, I can soloed the whole area apart from a few boss groups that have Phantoms amongst them, although I can slowly solo the large groups of Phantoms.
    Have you ever heard of the GB W/N build that Ora mentioned? (he made a lot of sense, I suggest you take note), someone has even soloed Grenths Footprint and parts of Sorrows Furnace with it.
    I have seen "your" build posted so many times and is the build that 99% of RA W/Mo's use, which is why I usualy play a W/N or W/Me with enchantment removal, or lately a W/R that can Daze.
    I Dazed a W/Mo who attempted to use about 4 healing skills, including Healing hands and were all interrupted. So he died. He would still be alive if he had a Healing Signet!!
    This w/me build has me very interested since I usually run a w/r or a w/me. HMM,PM me some hints :). My IGN is mog wai

and I think every wammo uses this build for farming. Only thing that may differ is the warrior skills.

Quote Originally Posted by NeVeRLiFt
    Thats your opinion.
    You show me a build that can solo the stuff I do and then you can run your mouth.

Anytime you wanna step out into Prophet's Pass with me and let me show you how it's done you let me know.
    sorry if picture is to big, i am running 1600 x 1200 so i dont know how big it is on other computers. Pretty easy to do and faster then the warrior build
    http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=401150

Quote Originally Posted by NeVeRLiFt
    I disagree...

FYI I can almost solo the Kepkhet Marrowfeast in Prophet's Pass with this build.
    http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/1484/gw0670ze.jpg

O and this build or some variation of it can farm about anything solo
    I find it pretty easy to farm skales/driftwood/spiders/Shadow etc in fissure

Basic idea
    http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=388754

Zealous Axe
    -2 -3 Shield
    Victos Shield

Warrior/Mesmer

Pent Chop
    Hex Breaker or w/e the other pent axe skill there is
    doyak signet
    physical/elemental resist
    cyclone axe
    triple chop
    Heal Signet
    Sprint

O and neverlift i notice you must have just got the game due to your Item Unlock in the SS. Good try on build it just been used before.
    Last edited by Diab; 27-07-2006 at 14:25.

we must not forget the solo glint/sf/uw warrior build

lambda the great @ guru

Since this isn't on the gwonline.net here you go.
    just look up

lambda the great on guru has a excellent guide.
    I didn't come up with this build etc.. all Lambda the Great@guru and whoever he/she credited

Attributes:

10+1(Minor) Strenght
    10+3(Superior)Swordsman
    11+1(Minor)Tactics

Skills:
    Healing Signet
    Dolyak Signet
    Grenths Balance{Elite}
    Bonetties Defense
    Riposte
    Deadly Riposte
    Final Thrust or Galrath
    Interupt, Savage or Distracting Blow

If you don't like sword swing this way

Healing Signet
    Dolyak Signet
    Grenths Balance{Elite}
    Bonetties Defense
    Riposte
    Deadly Riposte
    Disrupting Chop
    Executioners Strike
    (If you don't get it simply switch to sword and activate the Ripostes

I think I'm gonna go around and kill all the bosses I can solo with my build and take screenshots and post them here.
    Let everyone know that an old washed up Paladin build can solo most of the bosses and missions in this game.

Here lets start with this one...
    http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/5221/gw006gj7.jpg
    Last edited by Diab; 27-07-2006 at 14:26.

Just a quick question: Why do you call when you're alone? So you can follow your own calls?

Off-topic: That's my monk in the pic Spawn posted

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion Silverhand
    Just a quick question: Why do you call when you're alone? So you can follow your own calls?

one more thing: 6% morale boost from 1 boss ? Shrine ?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion Silverhand

It's a habit, and also when soloing the large mobs it highlights them and allows me to choose which one I want to hit with sever artery.
    I usually kill the ritualist or mesmer mobs first and then the elementalist last, and the melee ones just kill themself from the deadly riposte.

I dont just kill Ghial in that area.... I kill everything in that area except the monk boss and the ritualist boss. I have almost soloed that ritualist boss, but with the recent changes in that last patch we just got I won't be messing with it anymore.

I can also still kill everything outside the Marketplace including all the bosses there.... only exception being that one monk boss up in the corner.

One more thing, you learn to bait the mesmers with Vigorous Spirit, its just about learning how they respond and how to bait them so you can cast Vigorous Spirit when you really need it recharged and also as a bait before Healing Hands.
    Last edited by NeVeRLiFt; 17-07-2006 at 08:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Ora
    one more thing: 6% morale boost from 1 boss ? Shrine ?
    I killed that assassin boss in the area and then killed ghial, then zoned to other area(not a town) and went back and killed Ghial for the staff.

It takes 7 or more kills on avg to get Ghial to drop his staff.

Here's another easyone, also like I said above I can kill every mob in this area except the one that has the monk boss with it.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/7759/gw008zl8.jpg

I'll just keep adding screenshots and maybe Anet will end up nerfing them or adding mobs to the area to stop solo farming.
    Last edited by Diab; 27-07-2006 at 14:26.

I've had alot people ask me in game what equipment I use.

Here's the sword & shield combo I use.

I helped alot people so far and glad this has helped them make some gold.
    One lucky guy who had never farmed or solo an area before talked my ear off all day and even did some farm runs with me and he ended up making over 40k that day. ;o)