PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Why is it not yet time to abandon chapter 1

Sigh. I was playing my sin thought last missions in Tyria, didnt do em in last fex months, and noticed something:

* Ring of Fire bonus bug was not yet fixed (basically, wheneve party member talks to seer after bonus is done, bonus message appears in game chat and shields flashes on screen. anoying when it happens 6 times in row.)

* Abadons Mouth buggy non-attacking jades are still buggy non-attacking jades

* Abadons Mouth buggy non-attacking titan is still buggy non-attacking titan

(there is also minor scripting fix - killing front door seal and then killing back door seal will not open back door. yes, not-well known abadon back-gate.)

Rant: Theese notorious bugs ... not fixed yet. I wonder how someone can spend their time adding greens, spawns and whole new areas, yet not fix theese...

I wonder if that will be ever fixed without some kind of comunity uproar (15k tomentors, anyone? While im there, how come there is no 15k version of knights armor? ...)

Did the ring of bounus recently and i did not experience the shield problem.
    Didnt do abadons mouth recently, so i cant say whether you have a point, as far as I know i have never before noticed your problems.
    In any case these seem to be minor inconveniances to me, so why would there be a community uproar?

Quote Originally Posted by the ettins kiss
    In any case these seem to be minor inconveniances to me, so why would there be a community uproar?
    Why should it require a community uproar before the game gets polished properly?

Quote Originally Posted by salaboB
    Why should it require a community uproar before the game gets polished properly?
    Its a business not an art project. A million people have been through those missions so it obviously isnt a significant issue, hence no resource wasted to figure out why those happen and how to fix without causing more glitches or worse a real problem that actually stops some people from getting through or some other nasty side effect (look at the pet loss at the festival arena). Not worth fixing, why bother.

I much prefer they spend their resources adding new content like added green drops and areas like Sorrows Furnace. Good job Anet.
    Last edited by dndhatcher; 10-07-2006 at 10:16.

Quote Originally Posted by zweistein

* Abadons Mouth buggy non-attacking jades are still buggy non-attacking jades

* Abadons Mouth buggy non-attacking titan is still buggy non-attacking titan
    I thought the non-attacking jades were part of the design? If you kill the Mursaat monk before he makes it to the jades then he doesn't have time to activate them, but if you are too slow then he turns them on? not sure about this though.

Also for the titan at the end - I thought it was just for effect, because you have already completed all the requisite mission components, so if he did fight back and for some reason kill the team it would be a bit unfair...maybe I'm being a little bit too accepting though.

I get more annoyed about the serious bugs in Factions - fell through some stairs yesterday and couldn't move. Also Mhenlo and Togo occasionally get stuck behind items. Since they actually affect the gameplay those would be bigger priorities for me.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelsThanatos
    I thought the non-attacking jades were part of the design? If you kill the Mursaat monk before he makes it to the jades then he doesn't have time to activate them, but if you are too slow then he turns them on? not sure about this though.
    That's what I thought also. I've done (part of) this mission several times now in the last few weeks (skill capping) and I found it very handy that they didn't respond to my attacks... Those Jades can be very, very annoying.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

that is correct. you have to kill the murssaat monk before he can reach the jades to avoid them attacking you.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered1,000 Posts
    It's definitely part of the design. The monk will run to them, to activate them if you let him reach them. If the group isn't consisting of 8 klutzes, he won't reach them though.

Same happens with the Jade Armors near the second couple of bosses, by the way, only here the monk usually manages to activate the lot.

It's fun to "target nearest - space for henchie attack - wastrel - tab - wastrel - tab- wastrel - target nearest - wastrel - etc." them.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelsThanatos
    That's exactly how it works.

When you cross the door, the monk flees to activate the jades. If you manage to kill it before that, the jades will remain deactivated, and harmless/helpless.

actually, i believe the bussiness planning dept guys at Anet have done a great job keeping chapter in good sales.
    look at the implementations, the differences btw chapt 1 and chapt 2 and u can see, things that are hard on 1 are easy on 2 and vice versa. And not to forget most of the nicer looking armour (15Ks in grotto and granite) and the ebayers' armour aka fow armour *joking* is not moved to chapter 2 but stays in chapter 1. so this means that chapter 1 is not abandoned and is still a sellable in the many good years ahead.

and new greens is added in chapter 1 is sure a sign of marketing to certain extend.

so, i do not believe they will stop developments in chapter 1.