PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Servant of Kali
    and ragequit when you see warriors and others standing inside the fort doing nothing and waiting for luxons to come in.
    It always makes me go ._. when I see a warrior just uselessly standing around waiting for the Luxons to come to him. For the sake of cute, fluffy bunnies, do something! Go out there! Be a nuisance, go get a mine, stall a group of Luxons outside, harass the minion master or monk, something, ANYTHING. When I play a mesmer or air ele, I often make suicide runs on a mine -- I'll die taking it, but at least the Luxons will have to spend another minute getting it back while I respawn inside and take care of some warriors there.

That's so true, and it's one of the main reasons why playing as Kurzick is difficult.
    Yup. The biggest mistake the Kurzicks make (over and over and over again ) is thinking this is PvP. It's not, not entirely. As a Kurzick, I kill many more NPCs than actual players -- the Luxon longbows at the mines being the prime example -- and I run amber like my life depends on it.

and along with leechers i have no intention to play Aspenwood for the time being. It's sad because the map is fun, but leechers make it unplayable.
    :( It makes me sad to hear that, but I completely understand how you feel. It's just no fun finally getting into a match and seeing those familiar names on your party window. I don't like leaving, but I will leave now and re-enter; that way, I'll get a new group and the leechers are stuck in the old match waiting for the Luxons to kill Gunther.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbank
    Smite monk in FA?
    I've never seen a smite monk in FA that posed any kind of serious threat. Also hilariously easy to kill. All builds are not created equal, and if you play a healer/protector/bonder, at least you'll be more useful.

You know what the consequence of a player dying is? They instantly respawn with full health and full energy. ITS NOT A BIG DEAL.
    I've had people yell at me because I didn't heal them. Um, guys, I'm trying to keep that there ele alive so the gate doesn't fall. Yeah, dying sucks, especially if you're running amber, but I prioritize the NPCs over you. Deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn Effer
    always take it to gunther but it seems like it would help if you took it to the guards too.. *shrug*
    Take it to the gatekeepers if a gate is down (Radik = Orange, Poletski = Purple. They'll fix gates, starting with the inner gate), otherwise, it can go to Gunther. Though I sometimes will wait with amber near a gatekeeper if I think a gate will go down in the next twenty seconds or so, and I will ALWAYS wait with amber next to a gatekeeper if there's only one green gate guard alive (the green gate is guarded by two mesmers, an ele and the Juggernaut). Getting the green gate back up as soon as it goes down buys you another couple of minutes.

Please note that they will not accept amber from you while under attack.
    I'm not sure if this is intended behavior, but it is terribly annoying at times. One time, neither gatekeeper would take amber because a frikkin' PET was still in the room. Its owner had died and not yet respawned.

Last night, I finally went out and capped Life Barrier on my monk so I could give bonding a whirl. It's an exceptionally strong build (except against eeeeevil necros :P) that will increase the Kurzick chances at winning dramatically. It was also a lot of fun and the abuse hurled at me and my fellow guildie bonder in local was an extra bonus :D

This is why you need to play Jade Quarry.
    :O

Jade Quarry? U mean, a place where even more leechers would be if it's popular as FA. Besides as i said before JQ is similiar to AB and from what others say, Kurzicks have too much of advantage. In FA they dont, if u know how to play. But the main reason is as stated = boredom. Sorry but, i dont feel like playing maps which are boring to me.

Ok i tried Kurzicks 3x today.

Game #1
    I see leecher who has been leaching for 2 months by now.
    *rage quit*

Game #2
    Ranger in my team starts casting EoE, NR and other spirits as soon as he loaded, around Gunther.
    *rage quit*

Game #3
    Kurzick Player One keeps spamming the team chat.. calls each target 20x and keeps repeating it. Whatever he does he just spams it all over.
    Me: "Stop spamming or i'll rage quit. Damn kids, grow up!"
    Kurzick Player Two: "You grow up"
    Me: *rage quit*

..ok so... is it just me or the general audience in FA is way below average? Some people should be caged. Yes i pvp elsewhere, but nowhere, even in Random Arena is the situation so horrible. I hear pve players complaining all the time how they dont like pvping because people have bad manners there. And now, Anet gives a pvp arena exclusively to pve players... what do i see? Worse behavior than in any pvp Arena, to the point when it's unplayable. I used to get frustrated a lot in RA for instace. But even there it didnt seem so out of hand as here. You may say that this has nothing to do with pve players but oh it does. Why do normal pvp players on avg seem to have more good manners than avg pve player in pvp? Why do average pvp players seem to take advices and improve their gameplay (otherwise they wouldnt be avg players but sucky ones) and pve players have "dont tell me how to play the game" attitude and remain to suck? Maybe im just too old for this and need to start playing games (if at all) where credit card is needed. That would eliminate at least 90% of immature teens.

Quote Originally Posted by Servant of Kali
    ..ok so... is it just me or the general audience in FA is way below average? Some people should be caged. Yes i pvp elsewhere, but nowhere, even in Random Arena is the situation so horrible. I hear pve players complaining all the time how they dont like pvping because people have bad manners there. And now, Anet gives a pvp arena exclusively to pve players... what do i see? Worse behavior than in any pvp Arena, to the point when it's unplayable. I used to get frustrated a lot in RA for instace. But even there it didnt seem so out of hand as here. You may say that this has nothing to do with pve players but oh it does. Why do normal pvp players on avg seem to have more good manners than avg pve player in pvp? Why do average pvp players seem to take advices and improve their gameplay (otherwise they wouldnt be avg players but sucky ones) and pve players have "dont tell me how to play the game" attitude and remain to suck? Maybe im just too old for this and need to start playing games (if at all) where credit card is needed. That would eliminate at least 90% of immature teens.
    Well, its my firm belief that PvErs generally stick to PvE because of the attitude "don't tell me how to play the game." So basicly, what I think it boils down to is they want their 15k specific armors and are going in these places hoping to get the faction for it, they still have the same attitude however but since this is actually something like PvP this is where the problem occurs.

By the way, I've heard a lot of people complain about rage quiting lately... Don't you think you do rage a bit much?

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn Effer
    By the way, I've heard a lot of people complain about rage quiting lately... Don't you think you do rage a bit much?
    A what? You dare to doubt my judgements!?! *RAGE QUIT*

:P

ps: It is true, however, that i discovered rage quitting as a great and funny way to battle frustration which is caused by one or more team members. There's just something awesome about *rage quit* :) For instance, i get in a team for Abbadon's Mouth mission. Then after a bit of chat ranger says he can heal too... I tell him to just go dmg and not bother with healing, and he says "I'll play what i want to play". lol so i told him "when someone says that, it creeps me out....." And i rage quit! Oh man did i rage quit!..and left the team (mission didnt start yet anyway, but i'd quit in mission too prolly). Sorry, if it was caster saying he can heal somewhat... fine, but warrior or ranger with less regen bothering with heals.. umm no. Just... no. Especially when we have 2 monks already in a group (well, 1 Mo 1 Rt).
    Last edited by Servant of Kali; 23-07-2006 at 00:53.

I was shocked at the difference in PvP skill level between RA and FA. Mind you, I'm of the opinion that most people who attend RA are quite poor at PvP. But there are also a few quite good ones.. REALLY good sometimes.

Fort Aspenwood is cesspool. Great map too.. shame.

Tried today.

Game1: on Kurzick side: Victory.
    Game2: a ranger in our own team put eoe down at the beginning... monk left, i left
    Game3: 1 minute till the end of the battle, then Gunther died. Why? Because for 5+ minutes i was trying to explain to people that they should run amber instead of pvping. Well... it didnt work. Not a single one ran a single amber...yes... for 5+ minutes.

Game 4,5,6: I join in, call for attention, say "Running amber = win, killing Luxons = loss." And i rage quit. Yes that's right, i rage quit 3x after giving em educational lesson.

Very ... unproductive day for me... sigh. I failed Frost Gate bonus because team didnt understand the line drawings on the minimal which meant STOP DONT GO THAT WAY.. and those instructions in team chat which went like "dont go that way i'll take care of it, u clear the path, i'll get the dwarf"... but noooooo i get reply "i like to kill".. so they go to kill, pick the dwarf, then go to follow bonus path... what happens.. oh wait, dwarf easily dies at first enemy mob. Great. Wooohoo. The worse thing is that i could complete mission and bonus alone, but i preferred company so i join PUG team. Optimism fails once again and human factor proves to be a huge obstacle.

Is there intelligent life in the universe?

Just to add a little something myself, I don't think people appreciate how very, very useful a good stance tank can be. Run out there and just stand in front of the turtle. I've seen 55 Monks do this as well. You don't need to kill it, just make it shoot at you, and stay there as long as you possibly can. If you can keep the turtles away from the gates in the first place, you've pretty much become just as useful as a Bonder.

ALWAYS give it to gatekeepers first. It is a vital mechanic of this game that you constantly restock your npcs and repair your gates.

IF, and only if, all gates are fully repaired, and you have some surplus that the gatekeepers will not take (which does happen if you have three dedicated amber runners), then you can give it to gunther, which will speed up your progress bar. The primary purpose of amber is to repair gates and replenish npcs. Giving it to Gunther is only something you do when you're so far ahead and have so much amber that you really don't know what else to do with it.
    It amazes me when I see people who either don't know or don't fully understand the importance of this. I've been in situations when it's still quite early in the battle, and yet they will give the amber to Gunther rather than repair the gates. Shifting the progress bar alittle when two or more gates are down doesn't help much.

If you are not sure which gate you should repair, just ask in team. Better to ask than waste one, although if nobody answers you right away just give to whomever.
    What I tend to do, if I missed the update of which gate is down, is give the amber to the gatekeeper opposite to the side I just came in on (unless I had to run through a horde of Luxons). If he doesn't accept it, then I give it to the other.

I mean, if I came in on orange then I would have a good idea of how much of a threat there is. If it was a clear run, then I would know that as the mine is ours, all the Luxons are on purple side (and are being rez'ed there). So fixing purple will be more of a priority to slow their attacks.