PC Gaming News

Poll: Would you like being able to choose to have an all hench party as a second party?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Choosing all hench in 2 party missions

Would you like being able to choose to have an all hench party as a second party when you go into the 2 party missions?

I am not antisocial, I am anti idiots. Sometimes, I get tired of seeing the same result time and over again, like when people fight the afflicted while they stay amid the corrupted scales in Unwaking Waters...

With the actual way things are set, If I join a second party that is not all hench and I opt out, I screw them up, which is not fun for them. So I am forced to wait for some time when the place seems deserted and cross my fingers that it will work.

Please, give us the choice, Anet!

I add that it would be nice for masters parties as henchies mess with masters way less than usually inept group of natives.

OR even better, allow parties to team (i.e. once you are 8 person party, you are able to select other party by something like /inite-team "leader name" )

This option is really needed, especially in Vizunah Square. If someone is going in with 7 henchmen, it is critical that the other team be all henchmen. Even one human player on the other team causes henchmen to go crazy and stop fighting. It's such a huge bug that I'm amazed ArenaNet hasn't done anything about it.

Also, as it currently stands, you can't really go into these missions without the intention to beat them, unless you want to be an *** and screw up the other team. There are a few patches of fog in these missions that people going for grandmaster cartographer are going to want to uncover, but doing that slows down and jeopardizes the other team.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSaber
    Also, as it currently stands, you can't really go into these missions without the intention to beat them, unless you want to be an *** and screw up the other team. There are a few patches of fog in these missions that people going for grandmaster cartographer are going to want to uncover, but doing that slows down and jeopardizes the other team.
    This isn't a problem in Unwaking waters since it is also explorable area. I really wonder why Vizunah square isn't also an explorable area, It's only mission area in factions that isn't. Well Inner sanctum too.

There is actually a spot in Unwaking Waters that can only be uncovered in the mission. At least, I've never found a way over there in the explorable area. I've seen several people on the other team turn around and go explore it while I'm fighting afflicted. I don't blame them though, since I've done the same thing when working on grandmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSaber
    This option is really needed, especially in Vizunah Square. If someone is going in with 7 henchmen, it is critical that the other team be all henchmen. Even one human player on the other team causes henchmen to go crazy and stop fighting. It's such a huge bug that I'm amazed ArenaNet hasn't done anything about it.
    I to have seen this happen.

It normally happens on both sides. I have gone in with 7 henchies and the other teams was 7 henchies. What happens is when the foreign side makes the turn to approach the 2nd AM Fah group the henchies on foreign side take off towards Togo and the henchies with Togo run towards Mhenlo. Neither side makes it to the other side and it leaves just 1 real person with Togo & 1 with Mhenlo. Normally the Togo side dies as they are under a massive afflicted attack.

Now if the other side is all hench then there is no trouble as the henchies stay put and fight like they are supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerulean Niteshadow
    I to have seen this happen.

It normally happens on both sides. I have gone in with 7 henchies and the other teams was 7 henchies. What happens is when the foreign side makes the turn to approach the 2nd AM Fah group the henchies on foreign side take off towards Togo and the henchies with Togo run towards Mhenlo. Neither side makes it to the other side and it leaves just 1 real person with Togo & 1 with Mhenlo. Normally the Togo side dies as they are under a massive afflicted attack.
    Yes, it was really annoying to fail the mission due to Togo's death, then click on the healer henchie and see her running back and forth in between the two groups going crazy because she can't decide between them...and being no where close enough to either group to help.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerulean Niteshadow
    This is something else they should change, hench should only respond to the other party members + allies, they should NOT follow players on the other team. Of course the monks hench have always chased down and healed every friendly in sight so maybe this is a little bit more complicated then I'm making it sound, but still... when I make a team of hench, they should respond to me, not to other people :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Six
    This is something else they should change, hench should only respond to the other party members + allies, they should NOT follow players on the other team. Of course the monks hench have always chased down and healed every friendly in sight so maybe this is a little bit more complicated then I'm making it sound, but still... when I make a team of hench, they should respond to me, not to other people :P
    I do agree. Henchies should only respond to the Team leader.

It is real annoying to have these things happen. I hope that Anet will roll out new improvements to the henchies and elimante this problem.

I like both suggestions:
    1. that you can choose an all hench party as an option
    2. that you can choose another party specifically (maybe your guildies are going in as the other team)

You can somewhat accomplish the second by going into the International District when there are no other teams and clicking enter the same time as your other party.

Having these options would help a lot for mapping, accomplishing masters, enjoying the missions with some friends, and also give people an opportunity to learn the mission without adversely affecting other people. It would also give people time to practice different mission tactics (like EoE in Vizunah) without screwing over another team.