PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

(Merged) Paragon Attributes

PRIMARY: Leadership
    You gain 1 Energy for each ally affected by one of your Shouts or Chants (maximum 1 Energy for every 3 ranks).

Spear Mastery
    Spear Mastery increases the damage you do with spears and your chance to inflict a critical hit when using a spear. Many skills, especially spear attack skills, become more effective with higher Spear Mastery.

Command
    No inherent effect. Many Paragon skills, especially those that protect your allies or increase your tactical position on the battlefield, become more effective with higher Command.

Motivation
    No inherent effect. Many Paragon skills, especially those related to Energy management or that inspire your allies, become more effective with higher Motivation.
    Discuss ...
    Last edited by Findariel; 25-07-2006 at 18:34.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran6 months registered5000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Sanctuary of Legendary Heroes [HERO]
    Not confirmed? They're on guildwars.com.

http://www.guildwars.com/events/inga...pvppreview.php

A mistake?

Duh, never mind, it has been fixed. I like the attributes - they show the Paragon as both a support character and as an offensive one.

Erasculio

P/W Tactics Paragon and energy management

Hahaha youīre right! And I couldnīt find it! ;)

Well since most agree that Spear Mastery isn't the Primary Attribute but Leadership, some thoughts:

PRIMARY: Leadership
    You gain 1 Energy for each ally affected by one of your Shouts or Chants (maximum 1 Energy for every 3 ranks).
    Shouts: Shouts thus far are only used by warriors. Strength shouts belong to a warrior's primary so are rather useless for Paragons. But the tactics ones are useful; in a 8 person party the 5e shouts could easily get you more energy than it costs: at rank 12 leadership itīs 4e for each party member! And even the shouts only affacting 1 member (yourself) stil get you 4e back.

So with +4e for each ally, shouts actually work as energy management!
    Use "Charge!" on a 8 player party at leadership 12 gains you a whopping 32 energy!

Note that Paragons use spears and that they will very likely get you adrenaline as well.

"Charge!" {E}[5e/0/20]
    For 5..10 seconds, all allies in the area move 25% faster.

"Retreat!" [5e/0/20]
    If there are any dead allies in the area, your party moves 33% faster for 5..10 seconds.

"Shields Up!" [10e/0/30]
    For 8..18 seconds, you and all allies in the area gain 50 armor against piercing damage and 50% chance to block incoming projectile attacks.

"Watch Yourself!" [4a/0/0]
    Party members near you gain +20 armor For 5..10 seconds.
    Last edited by Findariel; 25-07-2006 at 18:54.

Wow, if you do combine some shouts with a paragon, they really can be a "battle commander" of sorts. I like this new playstyle, im really curious about the skills they have even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Erasculio
    Duh, never mind, it has been fixed. I like the attributes - they show the Paragon as both a support character and as an offensive one.

Erasculio
    Currently i see Spear Mastery as Primary Attribute on the site... considering it makes no sense, i guess they'll fix it or i have some weird cache trouble (i tried emptying it but doesn't change).

Attributes are pretty much what i expected. I wonder if Motivation will help ALLIES energy management. If it does, it could be really awesome.

I hoped one of them would be concentrated on helping the offense of allies, and maybe it's included in there but the attribute line description doesn't show it.

I wonder what they mean by 'tactical position on the battlefield'? I just don't see how a skill can affect that!

I hope primary attributes has some good skills in it. Currently it might be good, but i'm not a big fan of it at first sight considering the low max energy you can gain, unless there is some shouts you spam every few seconds or so (i could see it useful with something like Watch Yourself! that is adrenaline based to boost your energy). I also don't really like how you gain no benefit from it except at levels 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, but if there's enough skills in there i guess it makes up for it. Cause currently i kinda wonder why you'd want that over 9, though it's hard to guess without seeing the skill set. Ah well! It's soon enough!

EDIT: Findariel, you misread the description of Leadership. It's 1E PER ally, what raises is the TOTAL maximum of energy. So at level 9 Leadership, even if you're around 8 allies, you would gain 3E after using a shout. I think we can all agree that if you could gain 32E from using a shout it would be flatout stupid, there would be easy ways to have infinite energy from your primary attribute only.

What i wonder though is if spirits, pets, minions count as allies in this case. I think they should, but then again it says allies AFFECTED by your shouts or chants. Can spirits be affected by shouts, or can't they just like they can't be for enchantments? I guess pets and minions will count but not spirits. Maybe for chants they will, who knows!

As for warrior shouts being used with Paragon... likely, but honestly i think that Paragon will have more than their load of Shouts, possibly many more than warriors currently have to affect the party!
    Last edited by Patccmoi; 25-07-2006 at 19:00.

uhm they just changed it onthe site it now reads ... Spearmastery :primary atribute .. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Patccmoi
    EDIT: Findariel, you misread the description of Leadership. It's 1E PER ally, what raises is the TOTAL maximum of energy. So at level 9 Leadership, even if you're around 8 allies, you would gain 3E after using a shout. I think we can all agree that if you could gain 32E from using a shout it would be flatout stupid, there would be easy ways to have infinite energy from your primary attribute only.
    I wonder about that. Since there's always 1 ally affected (you), why should it say "for each ally" and not "You gain 1 energy for every 3 ranks in leadership whenever you use a shout"

It seems that the new classes are very energy efficient. Look at the Dervish:

Mysticism (PRIMARY ATTRIBUTE)
    Whenever an Enchantment ends, you gain 3 Health for each rank of Mysticism and 1 Energy for every 2 ranks of Mysticism.
    At Mysticism 16, you get 8 energy (and 48 health) for each enchantment that ends, right? Enchantments on you? So you can spam RoF and Guardian (both 5e, 2 recharge) and get a net +3 energy each time you cast it and it ends?
    And it doesn't even say enchantments on you.

I don't know ... let's see how it turns out.
    Last edited by Findariel; 25-07-2006 at 19:10.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE
    I'm hoping for a fast casting paragonic elementalist necro dervi-monk with these energy levels!

-Art

Heh, someone has likely posted already, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Findariel
    I wonder about that. Since there's always 1 ally affected (you), why should it say "for each ally" and not "You gain 1 energy for every 3 ranks in leadership whenever you use a shout"
    I think that's because it still depends of how many people are around you. So, say,

Paragon with 12 Leadership uses a shout on himself: 1 energy (it's only 1 ally, hence one energy)

Paragon with 12 Leadership uses a shout on himself and 3 allies: 4 energy (one per ally)

Paragon with 12 Leadership uses a shout on himself and 7 allies: 4 energy (since the maximum is 1 per 3 ranks in Leadership - with 12, you can get a maximum of 4 energy points)

I think that's how it works.

Erasculio