PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Doppelganger - maybe a little tougher?

Personally I think that the doppelganger should be made a bit harder to kill. I've done it with a warrior, monk, ranger, mesmer and necro now, and all of them have done in one or two tries and gotten the 50K exp bonus :/

I talked with some person in-game who said that the doppel used to be tougher, is this true?

So, what do you guys think of this?

The trouble witht he doppleganger is that it cheats, so is near impossible to win in a fair fight, so everyone cheats it back.

You make the doppelgange as tough as you want it. If you only bring 1 skill, he will only bring 1 skill. bring 8, and he will also have 8.

....I still remember the time when ppl first met this "Shadow of yourself".

Tons of screams of whines, if not some rage quits.

Although I don't mind if it'd be a bit harder but, the less rants the better for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Straegaard
    them have done in one or two tries and gotten the 50K exp bonus :/
    I Think that you get:
    50k for beating the doppleganger
    +1k for beating him in less than 0:50

So you can beat him in 30:00 you'll also get the 50k XP, but it's not considered as the bonus.

But i agree, it is easy to cheat him in order to easily win a fight, they should add some random use of skills and random behaviour to make it a little more tricky and fun to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by FenX
    I Think that you get:
    50k for beating the doppleganger
    +1k for beating him in less than 0:50
    No, it's the other way around. 50k xp is the bonus.

GWOnline.Net Member
    I talked with some person in-game who said that the doppel used to be tougher, is this true?
    hahaha, if anything he used to be easier!

I fought him with my ranger, and won easy because I got up close, he used his axe (he had no points in there and didn't do as much damage back then) and won easy.

Then after a few patches I tried ascending with my ele. RIGHT after the EoA nerf. Result, after the second meteor shower he ran away.
    (when I did finally got him he ran away to but came back... Lucky me. http://www.hellscream.nl/Elean.WMV)

And then factions came out some time after that...and boy was I happy...no more ascending!! (admit it, the only thing it's good for is toughening against those mursaat later, they easily could have done without. But it adds to the story, so why not? )

In any case, leave it as it is, some people complain it's to hard some don't. Perfect balance i'd say. hehe

It was my belief that yes the doppleganger was changed to be made easier.

Im fairly sure if you look back though the update notes to about november 05 youd find something aboutthe change that was made.

Not including the debates that were on the forum at the time!

Naru Soulfire

Ascension does nothing to protect against the mursaat, that's the Infusion.

His Axe attack is less powerful than his bow attack, no matter what profession you are. He never used to run out of Meteor Shower(of course it only lasts 9 or so seconds and I beat him that fast so I don't know if he does or not), with my ele I beat him in 9 seconds, my warrior went 12 I think, and my necro/monk went 51 seconds the first time 49 the second(I wanted the bonus).
    He's still cake if you don't bring a healing skill with you.

The update to the dopple was for a glitch that allowed experience/skill point farming to happen where you could get the bonus 50k every time.

Yeah, I recall no change to make it easier, just that one about the abuse. However, I do remember him a lot tougher when I fought him with my warrior the first time around. Of course, I still got the bonus on the first try then too, so... yeah. Of course with my ele the mission ended so fast it seemed like a joke. 3-4 button press and it was over, I think he was still trying to cast something...