PC Gaming News

Thread: Water Magic

Coldest Chick

Question Water Magic

How may I obtain water skills? I've just made a elementist called "Coldest Chick" and all I have is fire powers :S am currently level 3 and still learning a 2nd profession.

Poor Girl!

Water Magic is the most underappreciated class of magic out there. Depending on if your playing prophecies or factions will depend on when you will get some decent water skills...

I believe you can pick up Ice Spikes somewhere in Pre seering, definatly in the monestary, but most of the good water moves are not found till Lions Arch, the Desert, and even the Forge for Prophecies characters...

If its Factions your playing then you should have access to all the basic water skills once you reach Kaineng Centre...

Water is hard to play in PvE, Not impossible, but hard. Keep at it and master it if you wish to continue!

Coldest Chick
    Hmm still at the start am currently level 5 not left for the dessert place yet, am doing what quests I can.

If you want to use water for PvE suggest you try to cap glyth of energy, deep freeze -> maelstrom will be your staple caster killer spam :P

Coldest Chick
    Have just gotten Frozen Burst :)

lol my dear this is my favourite topic. if ur gonna be water its gonna be a hard slog but u can do it my ele has although i did alternate to nuking at the shiverpeaks. the key water skills to have are ice spikes, shard storm, deep freeze and then water trident and vapour blade although u can swap water trident for ice spear but thts half the distance but means u can take glyph of renewal. also take aura of resturation to keep energy under control also water attune or healing breeze or mending which ever you like i also sometimes take armour of mist if i need to run away lol.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

GuildWars Online [GWO] ||| The Order of Dii [Dii] |||
    water magic is hard to learn and very dificult to master, however its the most promising element of all because its very versatile. The best way to enjoy the most of it is to coordinate yor attacks with your teammates.

An example of what im saying shows in this post i made:

http://forums.gwonline.net/showthrea...54#post4278954

Talking Water Rocks FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeon Lion
    water magic is hard to learn and very dificult to master, however its the most promising element of all because its very versatile. The best way to enjoy the most of it is to coordinate yor attacks with your teammates.

An example of what im saying shows in this post i made:

http://forums.gwonline.net/showthrea...54#post4278954

I like the link you put in there with other post of water magic, Nemeon.
    I saw that your post change the way I played an elementalist and now that I know that takes more combos to add than just unleashing water.

That was really good.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

GuildWars Online [GWO] ||| The Order of Dii [Dii] |||
    good to know.

as you can see the job of water magic isnt destruction or defense. Its rather used as a " key " bewtewn combos in order unite them for even a greater combination. Ever wondered why ALL the top rated guilds bring with them a hydromancer? my post says why

Talking Baby Got Back

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeon Lion
    good to know.

as you can see the job of water magic isnt destruction or defense. Its rather used as a " key " bewtewn combos in order unite them for even a greater combination. Ever wondered why ALL the top rated guilds bring with them a hydromancer? my post says why

lol Nice!