PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Perma-Form

Perma-Form

So
    Quote Originally Posted by SKILL UPDATES
    Arcane Mimicry: added a restriction so that it cannot be used on Elite Dervish Form skills.
    You can't steal the form itself with Arcane Mimicry, however perma form can still be achieved by taking either:

a)
    Oath Shot: If Oath Shot hits, all of your skills except Oath Shot are recharged. If it misses, all of your skills are disabled for 10 seconds. (50% miss chance with Expertise 7 or less.)
    or

b)
    Assassin's Promise: For 5...13 seconds, if target foe dies, you gain 5...17 Energy, and all your skills are recharged.
    Oath Shot is of course the poorer option because you will miss 50% of the time. However it may still be an option in PvE Areas with Shrines of Melandru you could artificially raise your expertise via payment above the required eight without being a primary Ranger, this would also have the neat attack of being able to cut the energy costs of skills you may be using while in the form you have chose.

Assassin's Promise is of course the better choice but suited better for PvE than PvP (with the exception of spike groups). I have tested this and having a permanent form is definately nothing to be frowned upon...

~Xunlai Agent~

GWOnline.Net Member
    Its a nice idea, and the forms are good enough to warrant trying to copy, but how are you managing to get two elites in your skillbar?

edit: ooh, also, a shrine of Melandru will only raise the ranger skills you have by one; if you don't have Expertise, you can't raise it, and certainly not eight times. Shame though.
    Last edited by Tarantio; 29-07-2006 at 14:31.

I'm sure the point people keep making is that they get DISABLED, not just a lenghty recharge so I'm not sure either of them would work at all.

And two elites is a no no unless your out capping one

Uh I did post the skill Arcane Mimicry at the top? Did you see that? Do you know what it does or why I put it there?

Description :For 20 seconds, Arcane Mimicry becomes the Elite spell from target other ally.

Energy Cost : 15
    Casting Time : 2 seconds
    Cool Down Time : 60 seconds
    Skill Type : Spell
    Effect(s): Copy Elite Spell

Ensue Flaming

You could suggest a dual farming idea of god form, hmmm!

Excellent do you now understand where I get my second elite from?

Quote Originally Posted by Xunlai Agent
    Uh I did post the skill Arcane Mimicry at the top? Did you see that? Do you know what it does or why I put it there?
    Daaaah whuz Akane Mumickry? :P

I'm wondering if QZ would work, like how it helps negate the affects of Black Out...

It should work too as far as I can see because the disabling is very much like the "blackout" effect. I have yet to confirm this though...

jeremyg
    Quote Originally Posted by Ensui
    Daaaah whuz Akane Mumickry? :P

I'm wondering if QZ would work, like how it helps negate the affects of Black Out...
    I was wondering this myself, tried it with QZ and Serpent's Quickness, at it did not effect the recharge time.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xunlai Agent
    Excellent do you now understand where I get my second elite from?
    You might have been more clear about your intentions before taking this tone, we clearly didn't understand you at first. You mean to keep arcane mimicry, but ues it on a party member with either assassin's promise or oath shot (hence having two elites, albeit only temporarily). It could work that way, I guess, but it restricts you to being a D/Me or Me/D, and means that someone else on your team *has* to have one of the other skills. Oath Shot is common enough for that to help, but like you say it will fail 50% of the time, and as Paul Pluto pointed out, the skill isn't recharging, its disabled (it also means you have to carry a bow alongside your scythes). Assassin's Promise is rarely used, and with no points in any assassin skills, you have to be able to time an enemy's death to within 5 seconds, which is harder than you might think. Again, though, there's not much point, since the form is disabled, not recharging. The effort, IMHO, isn't worth it to boost *one* party member.

*NB I'm not sure that disabled and recharging are different things, perhaps further testing (which I have not done) should be done, to see if this is a viable option

It would seem that the forms are not meant to be copied, and I think this is the intention of the ANet skill designers. They are very powerful skills indeed, in that they cannot be cancelled once begun, and that if they are interrupted during casting (and not delayed by something such as disrupting chop) then there is only a five second recharge until they are available again. Being able to be in this uncounterable state permanently may be a very imbalancing feature in an already powerful class. If you can get it to work, though, cudos to you and good luck using it successfully, its certainly an interesting idea.