PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast
    don gudo

cop spike - the end of gw as we know it?

Since the beginning of the preview, questions have been raised like "are dervishes overpowered?" or "What bugs will be found using the new classes to abuse pvp?" but I think no one imagined the sheer stupidity of the contemplation of purity (CoP) spike that is taking heroes' ascent by storm. In my opinion and the opinion of many others, something must be immediately done to nerf this build, just like sand shards. Heroes' ascent just isn't fun when an unblockable irresistable area effect damage spike that cannot be averted with hexes or conditions is used constantly. People said iway was taking the fun out of the game - but I think iway would be a huge step in the right direction from this.

Agree, disagree?

No I totally agree... I just personally experienced the sheer stupidity of this build.

IMO - Time for a new update.

I'd have to say that this is a good time to be patient and wait for the new skills for all the classes to be released before jumping to conclusions.

I mean chances are there is going to be a better combo / setup to run once the game is fully released.

don gudo
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximumSquid
    I'd have to say that this is a good time to be patient and wait for the new skills for all the classes to be released before jumping to conclusions.

I mean chances are there is going to be a better combo / setup to run once the game is fully released.
    Maximum, I think this very lucid point scares me most of all. Factions skills aren't really better than prophecies ones, they're just different, and in some cases, only slightly so. If new skills must be released just so that this HA build is beatable, will players who don't purchase nightfall be able to reasonably compete come the fall, or is GW turning over a new leaf here and making one expansion better than the others? I think I'm going to hope for a swift nerf, and not for your prediction

Well, isnt it nice? Out of ALL monk skills, the one that facilitates the spike is none other than contemplation of purity!

One would think the horrid expressionless blue baby face had given that away long time ago!

CoP should just cost more and heal less. The removing is fine. 10 energy and half its current heal would be nice.

so what's the build so we can see what this CoP is.

Contemplation of Purity spikes damage? Wha?
    This barren soil
    scorched and stained
    by the blood of soldiers
    left fallen in the rain
    All the light in the world today
    Won't light up the night
    into which I walk away

it's all over the GW observer mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Furinto
    Contemplation of Purity spikes damage? Wha?
    Umm okay, CoP when used strips all enchantments coursing them to "end", there are certain actions that happen when Dervish skills are ended which course dmg, thus enchant yourself to the max, which has 0 effect on your bits, walk right in to the enermy, press CoP, they all end massive dmg everywhere.

At least that's my understanding of it without looking at anything.

As to what skills to use, uhmm;

Heart Of Holy Flame
    Grenth's Fingers

Is about all I can come up with off the top of my head.
    Last edited by Inner Salbat; 30-07-2006 at 01:30.