PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lv. 15 White Tiger Charm?

I was wondering if you charm the bosses pet who has the pet elite Heal as One. He has a lv. 15 White TIger and I hear it varies from being ELDER or Dire.

As far as I know charm animal/pets cant be charmed again.
    I've heard (not sure) that if you are quick you can charm it before the boss himself charms it.

Most pets that are used by NPCs can be charmed by you if you charm it before the NPC charms it. Sometimes this means you have to run up to the NPC and quickly hit it with an interrupt (Distracting Shot) before you can begin your charm. Some of these pets are nigh impossible to charm. Just hope for a good spawn and try not the catch the attention of the mob that is charming.
    Hahnsoo's Collectors Guide (ver 0.13) and Ranger Guide (ver 0.60), updated for Factions
    Old Guides (Prophecies only): Mesmer Guide, Skills Guide
    "Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." -G. K. Chesterton

R/W
    Dodge
    Zoujin's Haste
    Stormchaser
    Charge!
    Distracting Shot
    Charm Animal
    ---------

Longbow.

when you spawn, run, run run run run!

Dodge -> Zoujin's Haste -> Stormchaser+Charge

get in rage, distracting shot the boss, and charm right away.

bring hench team to prove as distractions to keep you alive if possible.

I was out killing Milodestus the Wrangler the other day with my Warrior and happened to aggro the Naga into his group, the lvl 15 Dire Crab was just out of his range and the whole party was wiped out leaving the Crab uncharmed.

graff

Charming a level 15 white tiger...

I charmed this tiger with my rit and after a lot of messing around I found the easiest way to charm it:

When you leave Jade Flats walk slowly down the ramp, towards the warden mob, holding Ctrl, until you can just see the labels of the wardens but you *can't* see the tiger... watch the wardens on their usual patrol - walking to the right away from the spot where the tiger spawns.

When they are close to the end of the ramp, and the end of their patrol path, run down and send a group of henchies in to keep the wardens busy... you run past up the hill towards the tiger (which you will now see in its original spawn location... *away* from the ranger boss) and charm it.

Quote Originally Posted by graff
    I charmed this tiger with my rit and after a lot of messing around I found the easiest way to charm it:

When you leave Jade Flats walk slowly down the ramp, towards the warden mob, holding Ctrl, until you can just see the labels of the wardens but you *can't* see the tiger... watch the wardens on their usual patrol - walking to the right away from the spot where the tiger spawns.

When they are close to the end of the ramp, and the end of their patrol path, run down and send a group of henchies in to keep the wardens busy... you run past up the hill towards the tiger (which you will now see in its original spawn location... *away* from the ranger boss) and charm it.

Thats an awesome method.... Assuming the ranger in question patrols, I don't see why this can't be used for *ANY* high level pet charm. Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by graff

Excellent. I've been wanting to get a white tiger recently and trade up my spider but I didn't want to lose my pet without being able to get another fairly fast as I almost always travel with my pet. Thanks for this.

I am going for dire crab tonight since I don't have a spot in the deep run *sniffle, poor widdle ranger*. Work on canthan carto title and get crabs!

My poor tiger has worn out his welcome and is too common...I want to bring my crab to tombs and have him pinch a grasp :D

Quote Originally Posted by Kalidri
    I am going for dire crab tonight since I don't have a spot in the deep run *sniffle, poor widdle ranger*. Work on canthan carto title and get crabs!

My poor tiger has worn out his welcome and is too common...I want to bring my crab to tombs and have him pinch a grasp :D
    Reminds me of Pinchy from The Simpsons. hehehehe... loved that episode!