PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Tips on nicer drawings?, anyone?

So i wanna learn how to draw a bit , nicer, but i dont know how to start, i like chibi style ( as it seems to be easier, and cool looking )

Every kid can draw, but it takes practice, and somehow i dont knwo where to start what to do etc, now my question was if anyone has any good recourses for me to look at, or tutorials, or has any good tips.

Thanks in advance

-KC

I suggest imitating the style of your favorite artist then once you got the hang of it improve on their style. Or the best thing you can do is buy books on how to draw and comic-books (thats how I taught myself to draw).

Chibi FTW!

well, as fox said, just try to copy, copy, copy. Start with tracing copy, than start modifing it (give it your own hair style, or armor), than you can start developing your own style. Also look at different artist style as well.

Also would encourage to learn the basics. Learn some technique in pencil shading and handling and such (try shading different materials). And real life figure drawing helps too.

Also its a good idea to use a existing piece as the model. It helps alot.

And for last and most important part... Encouragement. Try to find the audience who would encourage you, and not bash down on you. Can even try to put it up here in this forum... there are nice people here, and I won't mind giving you a good word or two.

Don't copy.

Don't try to emulate -and for the love of god do not copy comic books.

Look at other art but don't base your own anatomy off of it.

Draw from life and real photographs. Do the same drawing over and over and try to fix it each time.

Draw using volumes -don't draw flat: for instance if you draw a head -draw a sphere and not a circle. volumes volumes volumes. always draw in 3d -do not draw flat.

Malta Trell
    The best advice i can give is, take your time on every drawing. Every detail needs to be worked out. A drawing can never be finished there's always something you can add or improve. And be carefull that you draw things corectly. I mean, even if an arm is meant to be bent it's still as long as the other. Etc.. Draw the things you suck at to train on it. Everyone can drw if they have enough patiance and will (that isn't true). You actualy do need talent and artistic skills to draw.. It's not *** easy as some people think.. If you're nott a perfectionist you usualy don't draw very well.. My problem when it comes to drawing is that i can't draw :D But i do draw better than alot of people hwo think they can.. But i always draw small heads and strange faces and stupid looking stuff :D mm to draw you need knowledge,skill,will and patiance

thanks for the tips, i have always drawn circles and not a sphere :p
    ill try some on paper and see if i get anything better

Remember: Even the simplest of drawings takes a few hours to do = especially when your starting out!

And find an inspiration of something you want to do and Doodle ftw =p

Naru Soulfire

Quote Originally Posted by KiddieCake
    thanks for the tips, i have always drawn circles and not a sphere :p
    ill try some on paper and see if i get anything better

You'll see that you can set the eyes (and other features) into the skull better this way. Post some sketches when you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick the Nomad
    Don't copy.

Don't try to emulate -and for the love of god do not copy comic books.

Look at other art but don't base your own anatomy off of it.

Draw from life and real photographs. Do the same drawing over and over and try to fix it each time.

Draw using volumes -don't draw flat: for instance if you draw a head -draw a sphere and not a circle. volumes volumes volumes. always draw in 3d -do not draw flat.
    Uh...okie... Mr.Pennyarcade wannabe guy

I am just kidding... but I don't see why not to copy. Its the first step to get you interested in drawing... I mean.. why else you want to draw... because you want to be like one of the master, and their work, their art, has entice you to take the first step into the realm or art making.

Copy, but don't fix your self on it. Also learn the basic of pencil technique.

shapes are the key to my drawings.. notice the basic shapes and patterns that unlock the aspects of the drawing.. and yeah.. I must agree with derrick.. 3d shapes are essential..