PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dweller

Days of 2 monk teams numbered?

ok ill start by saying i have no idea what the paragon is capeable of since i never got acsess to the PvP weekend.

now thats over...

from what ive read it would seem that the paragon is more than capeable of replaceing the old 2 monks + rit backline and makeing it 1 monk 1 rit 1 paragon
    i could be wrong but it from what i can tell thats what the paragon is going to do...

well appart from the type of groups that simply must have 2 monks 1 rit and refuse to try anything else.

thoughts?

GWOnline.Net Member
    all u need is 1 support, or zero depending on the build... It's simply retarded otherwise... Unless u like the 1 hour 4 v 4 matches, keep with 1...

Besides with a good offensive team u can take down those super defensive groups easily...

Side note- it might become 1 monk 1 R/P as they can give some support and dish out tons of damage, other than that there's no real need for 2 supports...

Quote Originally Posted by SuXxorz
    all u need is 1 support, or zero depending on the build... It's simply retarded otherwise... Unless u like the 1 hour 4 v 4 matches, keep with 1...

Besides with a good offensive team u can take down those super defensive groups easily...

Side note- it might become 1 monk 1 R/P as they can give some support and dish out tons of damage, other than that there's no real need for 2 supports...
    Lol...ever here of 8v8 battles? I hear they're fun...

GWOnline.Net Member
    My bad, that went right over my head-_-"

so....

move on nothing to see here>.>

i think you'll definitaly see a lowering in the need for monks, once a few good paragons start shining through. while it is true from a defensive standpoint the P may seem like overkill, you have to note the fact that many of those chants are offensively beneficial as well! plus, as it sits, shouts and chants don't pull aggro as easily, and the paragon has the al to take the beating should it get pulled. this makes them a far easier pve choice, as the group doesn't have to be so well organized for the support to carry it's weight. in pvp support/healers are the first target. a target that can keep itself sustained while boosting the group and increasing damage output is of COURSE going to be a logical choice.

while rare, i dont doubt you'll see certain team builds relying on the paragon exclusively, compltely removing the monk from the picture, at least on your more offensively designed team builds!

the healing team will most probably be what the OP was indicating : 1 monk, 1 ritualist or paragon ( or all 3 in tougher areas) .My suspicion is a healing/protecting team consisting of all 3 would be awesome in its healing and damage prevention.

Quote Originally Posted by Skig Galco
    i think you'll definitaly see a lowering in the need for monks, once a few good paragons start shining through. while it is true from a defensive standpoint the P may seem like overkill, you have to note the fact that many of those chants are offensively beneficial as well! plus, as it sits, shouts and chants don't pull aggro as easily, and the paragon has the al to take the beating should it get pulled. this makes them a far easier pve choice, as the group doesn't have to be so well organized for the support to carry it's weight. in pvp support/healers are the first target. a target that can keep itself sustained while boosting the group and increasing damage output is of COURSE going to be a logical choice.

while rare, i dont doubt you'll see certain team builds relying on the paragon exclusively, compltely removing the monk from the picture, at least on your more offensively designed team builds!
    Does the paragon strike anyone as catering to the people who whined about assassins because they weren't intelligent enough to learn the class?

I get the feeling that after the assassin debacle (no, they don't suck, in fact, they rock in every way) ArenaNet was feeling the pressure to make more "noob" professions that were easy for the whiners to play. I mean, Paragons? Ranged attack, 80 AL, non-targeted shouts? How hard is that to play?

Quote Originally Posted by VILenin
    Does the paragon strike anyone as catering to the people who whined about assassins because they weren't intelligent enough to learn the class?

I get the feeling that after the assassin debacle (no, they don't suck, in fact, they rock in every way) ArenaNet was feeling the pressure to make more "noob" professions that were easy for the whiners to play. I mean, Paragons? Ranged attack, 80 AL, non-targeted shouts? How hard is that to play?
    Most things that paragons do are gonna be the hotkey 1, hotkey 2 kind of stuff. However, that is not the only thing they're capable of. They also have an indirect way of anti spiking, and in order for them to be effective, they will have to be able to lead and control their teammates, something we know will not happen

Monks are far, far, far more powerful healers/protectors than Paragons. I don't think the Paragons' group buff and few heals may even come near to replacing monks than Ritualists did, even far less.

I think Paragons are good for general buffs and what they can do better than anyone else is giving energy buffs (in the Motivation line). They will be a welcome 3rd support class for those reasons, not to replace monks.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VILenin

Maybe it was created to balance the assassin. Someone that knows how to be an assassin can be godly in pvp.