PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

help with a gvg build

http://gwshack.us/e78b0

I will post a more deatiled description later, but at the moment just keep in mind we have a unique 'dual spiking' system in our guild...

You might wanna add the attributes aswell.

Commenting on the build, you only have 3 hex removal skills, the current metagame is rather hex heavy, so you might find trouble keeping your warriors clean. Lack of CoP on your monks mean that they will be run down by hexes much easier also.

I prefer guilt/shame to e-burn, its a form of energy management also and it hurts monks a hell of a lot more. Also in synergy with diversion, it can be indefinate shutdown for a monk. Of course it doesn't suppliment your adreno spike though. So maybe run one e-burn and one guilt/shame.

Warriors look ok, although your hammer will miss IB dearly, DC is nice but the recharge is so annoying, but I have yet to find a skill to do its job.

Quote Originally Posted by Jummeh
    You might wanna add the attributes aswell.

Commenting on the build, you only have 3 hex removal skills, the current metagame is rather hex heavy, so you might find trouble keeping your warriors clean. Lack of CoP on your monks mean that they will be run down by hexes much easier also.
    i disagree, with MoR, remove hex recharges in 3-4 seconds...

I prefer guilt/shame to e-burn, its a form of energy management also and it hurts monks a hell of a lot more. Also in synergy with diversion, it can be indefinate shutdown for a monk. Of course it doesn't suppliment your adreno spike though. So maybe run one e-burn and one guilt/shame.
    yeah as i said unique dual spiking system ^^, but i will try it out in a few gvgs

Warriors look ok, although your hammer will miss IB dearly, DC is nice but the recharge is so annoying, but I have yet to find a skill to do its job.
    again...dual spking...dc helps each of the warrior quickly teleport to a target if they are needed for the spike

I would rethink the ranger. He has the only spammable conditions in the build, so any enemy with just one copy of extinguish can pretty much remove atleast half of his pressure.

You might want to think of replacing him with an e/mo with Ward Against Melee to protect your fragile mesmers (no distortion) from spikes, as they may end up being forced fairly far forward. He could also run extinguish, freeing up a slot for self healing on your flag runner.

That said, I know some people like to steer clear of the 2w 2me 2e 2mo build structure

Quote Originally Posted by Almas Darksoul
    I would rethink the ranger. He has the only spammable conditions in the build, so any enemy with just one copy of extinguish can pretty much remove atleast half of his pressure.
    Theres alot of damage and interrupts, which is the primarily purpose of that character, bleeding is just a side affect...
    Also, our current build uses 2 rangers, so it would be hard to switch straight to no rangers

You might want to think of replacing him with an e/mo with Ward Against Melee to protect your fragile mesmers (no distortion) from spikes, as they may end up being forced fairly far forward. He could also run extinguish, freeing up a slot for self healing on your flag runner.
    Would ward against melee on the ranger work? Is it affected by expertise?

That said, I know some people like to steer clear of the 2w 2me 2e 2mo build structure
    Our current build has no mesmers and flag runner ele, so it would be hard to completely switch so quickly...

45 seconds per spike? =/

RE: Hexes. Sure rem hex recharges in 3-4 seconds, para bond, life siphon recharges in 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Jummeh
    45 seconds per spike? =/

RE: Hexes. Sure rem hex recharges in 3-4 seconds, para bond, life siphon recharges in 2.
    normally the warriors can either run to target or just spike alone with other characters, dc is only for when we need a garuanteed kill

what other hex removal would you suggest? on what characters?

I'd drop MoR on one of the mes and go with Expel.

I'd drop MoR on the monks for Edrain - it's a much more efficient form of energy with a switch (foci+wand= 40% faster recharge chance) and it kills some of their energy.

Also can you explain the dual spike, it seems you'll be relying on the runner to help out and they will be 90% of the time running back and forth.

well orignally our build, was 2 warriors, 2 rangers, 1 rt lord with doom, which was alot of spike, basically both warriors look out for a targat to spike, and both are able to call, so we try and keep even mini spikes fairly frequent,
    when the enemy have dp, the dual spking comes in especially useful as we only need 1 warrior to join in with the spike to kill them

however, with the loss of doom and the second ranger, it may not be as effective.

the skills on the mesmer are based on used MoR, which skills would i need to change,(and on which mesmer)to make it effective?

Most of the stuff mentioned so far I don't see as a big problem you need to take care of except for the second Mes being a Expel Hex mesmer. Just change MoR for Expel Hexes and Remove Hex for something else(Overload! :D).

One thing I did notice that hasn't been mentioned yet. How will you mitigate the other team's damage? All I see is Aegis and "Watch Yourself". Many teams use a Emo or something to slow that damage so their monks don't have to heal 24/7(much easier on energy management) however with your build if you want to keep everything but add more pressure I would suggest change the Ranger to a cripshot Ranger.

This will give you 2 conditions instead of 1, a snare to stop their Wars from freely moving around in your mid-back line(no the Emo's snare doesn't count since he will be running around most of that time). Plus poison on alot of their team will definitely give them some degen to deal with along with the spikes coming every so often.