PC Gaming News
Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Any elementalist prime or secondary:
    Load up AoE spells such as firestorm, eruption, maelstorm, or meteor shower. The mirror will not move out of the damaging area, but you can. Easy win on the first try with my Mo/E.

rrumaner

Cool W/N 20 - 11 seconds to kill the mirror

I used Frenzy immediately, hit it with a Shocking Long Sword of Enchanting (Lightning Dmg 15-22 ) and then Sever Artery and Gash. He went down before I was able to hit the key for Life Siphon. It was over so fast I didn't have time to look at the counter.

I was apprehensive about the mirror, and I breezed thru it in seconds with my Ranger. I followed the forum suggestions.

GWOnline.Net Member
    MONK/WARRIOR:
    divine boon (spam this), bonetti's defense, retribution

Doesn't look like anyone has mentioned this..

The Mirror has a 12 in any attribute that you've invested any points in. Got 3 Strength? It has 12. Got 4 Divine Favor? It has 12. It helps a lot to reduce any passive attributes that you only keep a few points in down to 0. Any points you're getting from runes don't count for purposes of calculating its attributes. However, it's also capped at 12 -- if you have a 13+ in something, then you're outright better than it is in that category.

-----------
    My W/mo (after runes)

L13 Swordsmanship, L9 Healing Prayers, L9 Protection Prayers, L1 Strength

Additional items of note: Rune of Minor Vigor, Rune of Minor Absorption, a 15-22 customized wingblade of enchanting, and a +12 energy Healing Anhk (32 energy total)

Sever Artery
    Gash
    Galrath Slash
    Hundred Blades (I was able to get it when Gorgaan Hatemonger still had it; replace with Seeking Blade, Pure Strike, Wild Blow, or For Great Justice. I don't recommend using Wild Blow is that's your substitute)
    Healing Breeze
    Shielding Hands
    Final Thrust
    Frenzy

Strat: Frenzy is just there to screw over the mirror. Drop Healing Breeze and Shielding Hands after it uses Sever Artery, since Gash and Galrath will soon be coming down the line. The mirror is dumb, so it'll use Final Thrust as soon as it has enough adrenaline, rather than waiting until you're badly hurt. Just beat the crap out of it; I was actually rather surprised at how swiftly my mirror died (15-16 seconds or so). You should win at 70% health or so.

----------
    My Mo/E (after runes)

13 Smiting, L10 Healing Prayers (could've dropped it to a 0, but didn't deem it necessary), L9 Earth Magic, L1 Divine Favor

Additional items of note: Rune of Minor Vigor, Hale Smiting Staff of Enchanting (40 energy total)

Scourge Healing
    Banish
    Symbol of Wrath
    Balthazar's Aura
    Ward against Melee
    Grasping Earth
    Heal Party
    Balthazar's Spirit

Strat: Use Balth's Spirit before you begin the battle; it should help you out a little in the regen department. Grasping Earth is there to give the mirror something to waste time with, and Heal Party is also there solely for the mirror's use.

When the fight starts, drop Scourge Healing on it, and then run right up to it and drop Ward Against Melee, Symbol of Wrath, and Balthazar's Aura in whatever order you wish. It should switch to the Chaos Axe, running afoul of Ward against Melee. Cast Banish when you have the MP for it. Now you just start hitting it. When its HP drops down far enough (with Smiting 13, Symbol + Aura should do over 300 damage to it over 10 or so seconds), it'll start casting Heal Party. Since you dropped Scourge Healing on it, it will lose more HP than it gains. Since Heal Party has no cooldown, the mirror will then immediately cast it again. It will keep this up until it dies. The fight should take around 20-25 seconds, and you should have about 50%-60% of your HP left when it dies.

w/mo

runes ~~> minor axe mastery, minor vigor which i found didnt not buy from vendor.

~dismember
    ~penetrating blow(i believe thats what its called)
    ~executioner strike
    ~cyclone axe
    ~healing signet
    ~the skill that gives more life(only used it this one time)usually rebirth is here
    ~healing breeze
    ~mending ~ personally this was the most important skill!

casted mending right off the bat. this works well when hes not hitting you so i almost had above 2/3hp the whole time. i'd get him down to next to nothin then he'd cast healing signet. thats the only healin skill he used. i was surprized he didnt use healing breeze. used dismember to knock down his health and then in a random order i used executioner strike and pentration blow. this was sucessful, took me about 1:30, or so. got it done first try :happy65: .
    Last edited by deathly summoner; 09-06-2005 at 15:57.

Garth Taal

Thumbs up Necromancer / Messmer

Finally! After many, many attempts, I defeated my mirror - barely. How?

Lvl 20 N/Me
    Death Magic: 10
    Blood Magic: 11

I brought only self sacrificing spells.

1. Chilblains
    2. Malaise
    3. Dark Pact
    4. Blood Ritual
    5. Defile Flesh
    6. Enfeebling Blood
    7. Signet of Agnoy
    8. Animate Bone Fiend

As soon as I landed in the room, I started attacking with my staff.

CAST NO SPELLS!!!

Just have to slug it out. The "Mirror" hits with the bow, but then starts casting. Meanwhile, I'm just plugging away with my staff. It ended up with with both of us at zero health. We both died at the same time. But the game kicked off the cinematic for Ascencion! I made it! :clap: :happy14: :clap:

I did it finally! N/E level 20

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Taal
    Finally! After many, many attempts, I defeated my mirror - barely. How?

Lvl 20 N/Me
    Death Magic: 10
    Blood Magic: 11

I brought only self sacrificing spells.

1. Chilblains
    2. Malaise
    3. Dark Pact
    4. Blood Ritual
    5. Defile Flesh
    6. Enfeebling Blood
    7. Signet of Agnoy
    8. Animate Bone Fiend

As soon as I landed in the room, I started attacking with my staff.

CAST NO SPELLS!!!

Just have to slug it out. The "Mirror" hits with the bow, but then starts casting. Meanwhile, I'm just plugging away with my staff. It ended up with with both of us at zero health. We both died at the same time. But the game kicked off the cinematic for Ascencion! I made it! :clap: :happy14: :clap:
    after much sweat, I hit on the formula (and thx to many who have helped with advice):

I used 16 blood magic (had a superior rune)
    10 fire magic
    2 curses

Spells:

Defile flesh
    Dark pact
    Blood of the master
    Glyph
    Bone fiends
    Rez signet
    Blood ritual
    Meteor shower

I hit him with Meteor shower immediately, dodged to the left, threw dark pact and defile flesh...then some dark pacts which finished him off...

The KEY for me was METEOR SHOWER...NOT METEOR...I didn't realize there were 2 different spells!

:happy65:

L I
    i have no idea how your pyromancers did it with AoE spells, but being a E/Mo was not that bad. i took off ALL my spells. keyword ALL. except flare. my mirror happened to have a cane and was dealing very weak dmg...so i just flared the life out of him. convenience? luck? yea i think so too. :happy34:

I beat my monk mirror with four skills @ lvl 19 and crappy gear:

Reversal of Fourtune (main spell)
    Healing Breeze
    Banish (main spell)
    Symbol of Wrath

It is very important that you DO NOT move, make him use his bow. If he whips the axe out you're done. Basically you just spam reversals to recharge your health (use a breeze if things get really bad, but the mirror doesnt use them). Make sure you take a low dmg wand or staff down too so his continual reversals basically mean nothing, banish will be the main dmg dealer and time them after your weapon hits so he doesn't reverse them. It takes awile but it works with low lvl and bad gear.