PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Think i just wasted the best loot I've found!

Hello all :D

I think I made a bit of a boo-boo last night on one of the early missions from Yak's Bend. In a group of 5 or so I managed to loot some of the normal old stuff, then I got a purple object - some kind of harness I believe. Looked like the salvagable armour type of thing so I used the ID kit on it & turns out it has +4 Beast Mastery! That would do me nicely (& my Snow Wolf, Mr Pickles), i hover over said object & it says "salvage to get res or item upgrade" (or words to that effect) so I use my normal salvage tool on it & reduce the item to a few shreds of cloth & myself almost to tears

Should I use the expensive tool to salvage these items? Or do they simply attach to armour/weapon directly? I also have a monk scroll in my inventory which says it attaches to armour, but it won't attach to anything I own, armour or not? (I'm R/Mo at ~lvl13) Any pointers welcome,

tia, Pomo

U need a expert salvage kit to get it out. And it is only a +2 with hp penalty not +4 plus u can buy it for 100g at the trader, so no big deal.

first to get any upgrades from items, u have to use the expert salavage kit or the superior salvage kit

second u can only equip runes that is for your main proffesion which is ranger, so u can only equip ranger runes to your armour

1) It can't be +4, the most is +3 with a hp penalty (-75) or +2 again with a hp penalty (-35) or +1 with no hp penalty.

2) Yes you should use a Superior Salvage Kit (or Expert Salvage Kit), the expensive one anyways ;) But you always have a small chance to get stupid salvage items -.- like cloth, but at least you've unlocked it for your PvP account. Kudos ^^

3) You can only equip runes of your Primary Profession in your case Ranger, so that's why you can't use the monk rune. You can however trade tham at a Rune Trader normally for a decent price. Except when it's a major rune they're worth almost nothing.

Cool thanks for the quick answers!

I swear it said +4, but I'd never come across something similar so I was probly confused there. Expert salvage kits it is from now on then, I also salvaged some kind of Axe handle power-up yesterday, but it didn't turn up in my inventory - PvP unlock? I really should play PvP sometime & figure out where all these skills and parts seem to be going lol. I unlocked a load of skills in the arena using my Special Edition code too.

I'll get rid of this useless Monk rune then, no idea where that came from anyways - and try & find myself a Ranger one.

Thanks again for the replies - really enjoying Guildwars atm and the friendly people surrounding the game. I'm a refugee of SWG, so its been a while since I enjoyed an MMORPG

Pomo

Monk runes in general (except for major monk runes) are among the more expensive runes available in the game. ALWAYS sell these to a rune merchant in ascalon/lion's arch to get some extra cash.

Good Luck!

GWOnline.Net Member
    It might seem like a big mistake at that point in the game, but it's really minor. Also, if you really want that rune, travel back to Ascalon and look for the Rune Trader. He might have a few for Rangers. Probably not too expensive, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Akirai Annuvil
    1) It can't be +4, the most is +3 with a hp penalty (-75) or +2 again with a hp penalty (-35) or +1 with no hp penalty.

2) Yes you should use a Superior Salvage Kit (or Expert Salvage Kit), the expensive one anyways ;) But you always have a small chance to get stupid salvage items -.- like cloth, but at least you've unlocked it for your PvP account. Kudos ^^

3) You can only equip runes of your Primary Profession in your case Ranger, so that's why you can't use the monk rune. You can however trade tham at a Rune Trader normally for a decent price. Except when it's a major rune they're worth almost nothing.
    Actually, when salvaging for a rune, there is a 100% chance to get the rune with an expert/superior salvage kit.

+4 Beast Mastery rune doesnt exist... but really, most runes are 1k or less, unless its sup vig, and monk runes... so you didnt miss much

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor Son Of Huor
    Monk runes in general (except for major monk runes) are among the more expensive runes available in the game. ALWAYS sell these to a rune merchant in ascalon/lion's arch to get some extra cash.

Good Luck!
    I had a monk superior protection rune and it sold to the trader for like 3k something... few days later I checked back and the price was now 5k something... so then I waited and guess what the price is now 2k something..... is there some stock market going on with these lol