PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just a bit of insurance for me.

Hi all you can all ignore this post but I'm writing this for insurance.

To Anet,

For the next little bit me and my brother will most likely be farming a lot. I need skill points, he needs money for FoW. Let me make this clear Neither him nor I use bots, or any third party programs of any kind! Nor will we ever! So, I'm writing this post and marking the date. If for some reason we get banned for botting I'll refer to this post which I hope will help prove my innocence...although I hope I won't have to prove anything.

I mean, I got 4/5 titles maxed, FoW + all 15k armor, why would I risk getting all that taken away? Why would I put my whole account on the line? For a bit of money that I don't need?

The thing is I need more skill points and the only way to do that in any realistic ammount of time is to farm. Now I'm not farming all day so I don't think it should send any flares to your bot monitors. I even purposely move in different ways, and such to show I'm a human not a bot.

So that's about it. So to recap, we're not bots, we're going to farm a bit but not even that much compared to most people.

We really like Guild Wars and want to continue playing for a long time. I personally just want my Ranger to be the best she can be, which is why I'm doing all this farming.

Anyways my IGN is Trisha Forestwind. I won't post my bro's but the first word is Saya.

As I said I hope this post is never needed. But I'd rather be safe than sorry in terms of Guild Wars. 16+ months of effort going down the drain isn't a pleasant thought at all.

Date: Thursday, August 24, 2006.

GWOnline.Net Member
    This can't be serious. How can anybody know you aren't writing this in advance just so your bot won't get banned?

This can't be serious. How can anybody know you aren't writing this in advance just so your bot won't get banned?
    I suppose they can't. But as I said earlier, I already have all I need, except skill points. I don't mind farming them. I'm not trying to bot to make my life easier.

Lately there have been a lot of posts about people getting banned even though they didn't use bots. I don't want to be one of those people. So I'm making this post as a back up.

Although it would be ironic, the post that's supposed to help me only makes people think I bot.

And I know no one expects to believe me but I still believe in things like honor and justice. I don't do things that are underhanded. If they ban my account well...I wouldn't be happy to say the least.

And you didn't address my question: I have 4/5 titles maxed, fow + all 15k armor which I worked very hard to get, do you HONESTLY think that after NOT USING A BOT to get those, I would just suddenly start using one to risk losing everything? I mean honestly. I'm not a moron (although many here would disagree I think )
    Last edited by Legeon; 24-08-2006 at 13:59.

This is a consequence of a ban without appeal policy. I never imagine that I would be banned for botting, why should I? But then, ask yourself, what if ANet made a mistake and just banned you? What do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Fay Vert
    This is a consequence of a ban without appeal policy. I never imaging that I would be banned for botting, why should I? But then, ask yourself, what if ANet made a mistake and just banned you? What do you do?
    I would kindly ask them to reverse their error. If they don't, I would do the only thing a customer could do, stop buying their products and spread bad word of mouth. Which would be a shame since as I said, I like their games, I think they're a great company. I wouldn't want to turn to the dark side because of their mistakes.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Legeon
    I would kindly ask them to reverse their error.
    Unfortunately, that is the heart of the problem. Who, exactly, would you ask? The ANet method of contact, through support and etc., is so mindless and unyielding as to appear bottish itself. Ironic if they were using a bot to deal with protests regarding bots, eh?
    mv

Quote Originally Posted by MixedVariety
    Unfortunately, that is the heart of the problem.
    A problem that ArenaNet and NCSoft need to fix, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by MixedVariety
    Ironic if they were using a bot to deal with protests regarding bots, eh?
    lol

One bot to rule them all and in the network bind them...

Quote Originally Posted by Garreth MacLeod
    A problem that ArenaNet and NCSoft need to fix, IMHO.
    And a problem they are unlikely to fix, I expect. Which is quite disturbing, considering the nature of the issue, one that involves your very ability to use the product you purchased.

Oh, well...
    Last edited by Ostriig; 24-08-2006 at 17:20. Reason: T3h 3v33l sp3lling.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Legeon
    I would kindly ask them to reverse their error. If they don't, I would do the only thing a customer could do, stop buying their products and spread bad word of mouth.
    I've seen 3 or 4 threads from people who've been banned in error and they got their ban overturned by opening a support ticket and then not letting their ticket become closed. They updated it regularly, possibly daily. If you keep the ticket open, eventually a live person will look at the logs and decide if this was an error.

Unfortunately, the only evidence I see Anet accepting is their logs.