PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini Pets???

GWOnline.Net Member

Question Mini Pets???

I see people selling mini pets ALL the time in busy areas, but i dont have the faintest clue about what the heck they are. i asked a few of my guild mates and they said they do nothing, nothing at all, but then im asking "WHY DO THEY COST SO MUCH THEN?!?!?". so im basicly asking, what do they do? are they drops? if so, what drops them? if not, how do i get one? and can anyone sell me a cute little mini-charr?

You get one for each character when the character turns one year old. They do nothing, but they have novelty / collectors appeal; which is where their value comes from. Different ones have different rarities and the official site will tell you what those are.

GWOnline.Net Member
    oh, ok....so looks like im not getting my mini charr :P

You can still trade for them. Check the Trades/Auctions link off to the left or the trade channels in-game. Not sure what the going price for them is though, but they are expensive.

GWOnline.Net Member
    I have a follow-up question that is hopefully only slightly off topic:

I have four 1+ year old characters with mini-pets: a mini-Charr; a mini-Jade_Warrior; a mini-Losaru; and mini-Phantom (IIRC). But I do not have the mini-pet that I covet most: a mini-dragon. Are the pets assigned by character class or are they random?

If it makes any difference: I am a Prophecies-only player.

BTW - I heard one of the mini-dragon owners say that he got his dragon for 10K. Quite cheap for such a vanity item, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by NobleNick
    I have a follow-up question that is hopefully only slightly off topic:

I have four 1+ year old characters with mini-pets: a mini-Charr; a mini-Jade_Warrior; a mini-Losaru; and mini-Phantom (IIRC). But I do not have the mini-pet that I covet most: a mini-dragon. Are the pets assigned by character class or are they random?

If it makes any difference: I am a Prophecies-only player.

BTW - I heard one of the mini-dragon owners say that he got his dragon for 10K. Quite cheap for such a vanity item, if you ask me.
    From what I have seen all pets are random. As for dragon what dragon did you want? The bone dragons are very rare. Kuunavang was the pet from the collectors edition (you can buy for 60-90 plat from players).

So far I've gotten (not in any order):
    Warrior: Fungal Wallow
    Necro: Temple Guardian
    Ele: Siege Turtle
    Monk: Whiptail Devourer
    Ranger: Jade Armor

So no rares for me...but I'd love a burning titan or a necrid horseman. I have a couple chars turning 1 in novemeber so I'm hoping for something different that what I already have.

Also, someone on this forum had like 10 of one type of pet (don't remeber which pet it was) but it was the one that spawned for almost all of his chars.

What do I have to do when I buy a mini pet??
    Do I get some code?
    Can someone please explain me how it works??

When you have a mini-pet, you can double-click on it (in your inventory) when you're in an explorable area, and it will follow you around.

Quote Originally Posted by engeraym
    but then im asking "WHY DO THEY COST SO MUCH THEN?!?!?".
    I think the answer to your question is the same as the answer to this one:
    Why do people pay 8-10K for Black Dye? It also does nothing.

Part of the answer is that if you spend a good amount of time playing, you eventually end up with tons of gold and really nothing to spend it on. At that point mixing dyes, 15K armor and mini-pets become something you can spend tens of thousands of gold on for fun and still have plenty left over for your next characters armor and weapons.

A few minipets do make noise. It can be rather fun to see the party monk spin around searching for that nearby troll, only to see a little knee-high one run by his feet.
    Last edited by dndhatcher; 26-08-2006 at 01:13.

LacLaxGoalie
    Do they just appear in your inventory the day your character turns a year old ?