PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusion
    Im not sure this event will "open up" HA to the masses. I think itll just allow more players to get frustrated with the whole elitist mentality that is rampant there.
    We can hope, and i may attend anyway, as i really did want to get into pvp....
    I don't think, HA will ever be "for the masses", but a better access for more casual players like me would be nice. (Yes - I'm what you and so many 12-year-old pvp "veterans" call a noob.) Sometimes I don't even know what to answer, if someone asks me: "What kind of {fill in class here} are you?". (Ok - let me get my dictionary: What cryptic abbreviation should I use now? Err - wrong abbreviation. Kicked again.)
    Yeah - I hear the words - my english is good enough for that - but what do they mean? How should I know? By the way: What language is that? I don't want a diploma. I just want to play to game - without reading manuals or studying.

Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugh Tiran
    I don't think, HA will ever be "for the masses", but a better access for more casual players like me would be nice. (Yes - I'm what you and so many 12-year-old pvp "veterans" call a noob.)
    definately, unlike the 12 year old vets you refer to (im nearing my 30's and work for a living) im also a casual player and cant validate the kind of time it takes to really get on in there, but itd be nice to think that after a hard days work i could get in there and spend an hour or so fighting, before moving on to more mundane "real life" things, rather than logging in and thinking "bleh its going to take me 45mins to an hour to get a bad pug" and not bother...
    Delirium Fel - R/N 20 - Delirium War W/Mo 20 - Delirium Riti Ri/R 20 - Euro Server
    [Dark] - Guild Drunkard and official guild Merchant
    Be a Pal, support gwonline.
    FFS Its not h4x, I really was sad enough to get the GW Z-board....

Quote Originally Posted by Avoc
    Hmm... I would mean this isent a permenant fix, its simply a test to see what happens in smaller PvP and PvE teams for Nightfall.
    I think that, too. Also think about the Rujiyo Quests during that event, I think they were a test for this, too.

I am sure Nightfall will have much more 4-6 man party areas. Factions was more focused on mass battles.

Quote Originally Posted by upier
    hooray!!
    not the fact that is Ha weekend (since i dont care about it) but the fact that it isnt the C3 preview weekend!!!
    now i am off the hook and i can study without feeling like i missed on something!
    yay for pvp weekeneds at the times when i need them the most!

Beer Bottles in Bathtubs, to those who asked.

GREAT NOW NOOBS GET FAME!!!! and... good players have worked for nothing!!

Quote Originally Posted by lifeinthefridge
    Noobs? In order to get fame, you actually have to win.

Chances are that most disorganized PuGs will die on the Zaishen mobs. (on a related note, will ArenaNet make them easier with a smaller party?)

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusion
    definately, unlike the 12 year old vets you refer to (im nearing my 30's and work for a living) im also a casual player and cant validate the kind of time it takes to really get on in there, but itd be nice to think that after a hard days work i could get in there and spend an hour or so fighting, before moving on to more mundane "real life" things, rather than logging in and thinking "bleh its going to take me 45mins to an hour to get a bad pug" and not bother...
    As a 36-year-old I really know what you mean. Exactly. And to quote Roger Murtaugh: "I'm too old for this ****!" I guess, many people are.

siriusk
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeinthefridge
    "Noobs" won't reach r6/9 during this event. I think not even r3. So what?
    Btw noobs earn fames without event too. R8/9++++ iway/vimway someone?

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Gunnar's Hold
    Guild

[LLS] [OX] [GRIF]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugh Tiran
    As a 36-year-old I really know what you mean. Exactly. And to quote Roger Murtaugh: "I'm too old for this ****!" I guess, many people are.

I think I was born too old for it

And can anyone enlighten me as to why some people run around PvE outposts and flash Deer?
    I mean, ok, so you got a rank in PvP, but in PvE, making a group to do Sunjiang District, for example, why would anybody care what rank you are, it's not going to increase your chances on getting into a group and completing the mission.

I don't really PvP, but may try out this weekend.
    I expect that the usual result will occur (I will probably get bored quite quickly, give up, and go back to PvE)