PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SotD: Melandru's Arrows

For 18 seconds, whenever your arrows hit, they cause bleeding for 3...21 seconds, and if they hit a target who is under an Enchantment, they do +8...24 damage .

I personally love this elite and it was rare that I would part with it in RA / TA or PVE. For me it seemed like THE elite to take. Beat factions a while back and yes I did like some of the elites it offered but this would have to be one of my favs still.

I think of it has a prep/bow attack in one. You get the preperation which gives you bleed and the +dmg when hitting foes under enchants. Combined with savage shot / sundering shot / dual shot etc. this does great overall damage. Just not so good against areas with foes that have no flesh.
    Love it - Hate it - Discuss

My Rating:

PvP - 7 / 10
    PvE - 9 / 10

I love this skill as well. I don't agree though, that this should have a lower rating for PvP than for PvE. In fact, I think Melandru's Arrows is more useful in PvP than in PvE, for the folllowing reasons:

- No fless-less enemy in PvP
    - Lots of enchantments in PvP (much more than in PvE)

On a R/N char, Melandru's Arrows in combination with Desecrate Enchantments is a great combo against enchanted targets in PvP.
    Last edited by Broken Symmetry; 02-09-2006 at 12:10.

Melandru's Arrow had been a star in my past Ranger build. It excels at pressuring Boon Prot monks. I used to run Penetrating Shot/Sundering Attack spam on enchanted foes. An average of 80-100 damage is easily achieved through this combination. Add in Distracting Shot and Debilitating Shot for further shutdown.

Whammos (with elemental bowstring), Eles (except blinding turrets) and AtB-Nec Life stealers were just snacks for me.

I wish it was a factions cap, as well as incindiary arrows. It really is an awesome elite.

GWOnline.Net Member
    i thiink more useful in pvp cuzz its used for the common kgyu pressure build

It can be great in PvE only if you now whats coming and then if you know they generally all run enchantments. Sadly that doesn't happen often, plus when it does whatever casts the enchantments is usually dead pretty quickly anyway.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Symmetry
    I love this skill as well. I don't agree though, that this should have a lower rating for PvP than for PvE. In fact, I think Melandru's Arrows is more useful in PvP than in PvE, for the folllowing reasons:

- No fless-less enemy in PvP
    - Lots of enchantments in PvP (much more than in PvE)

On a R/N char, Melandru's Arrows in combination with Desecrate Enchantments is a great combo against enchanted targets in PvP.
    Agreed. The damage increase is very high against enchanted foes such as Monks and Elementalists and it applies some pressure. A great skill.

GWOnline.Net Member
    This skill is one of the best ranger elites in the game.
    It works so well in combination with other condition sources.

Picture one ranger with this.
    One ranger with Apply poison/Poison arrow
    One necro with Tainted/Rotting flesh and you have a pretty solid degen build.

Bleeding + Poison + Disease = -10 degen.

When i'm doing Melandru's i usually just rotate targets and spread bleeding on everyone and spike targets with Dualshot + Savage shot.

It's just one of my favourite ranger skills :)

10/10 for PvP.
    Haven't used this for PvE.

Absolutely a great skill for dealing with cold fires in UW. Activate it, wait for them to cast Aura of Restoration, hit them with dual shot. Get about 90-100 damage and start them bleeding to death. I do a lot of 3 man smite runs with my guild leader and her boyfriend. They'd do the 55/ss combo and I would help out with MA and EoE. I'd also bring vengeance and rebirth to make sure the run didn't end before we cleared everything.

We would also throw it into the mix when doing a small group of our rangers outside of UW. One brings poison, another bleeding, etc.

I like the skill, but will probably be using it less often. I tried taking Famine down to UW on our last run. It really speeds up the smite killing and aatxe killing.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Toss in needling shot with it.