PC Gaming News

Thread: Mod Crafter

Mod Crafter

How about a mod crafter? Someone who takes rare and common materials to make upgrades for your weapons? Example: 7 Ebon Spider Legs and 25 planks of wood will get you an ebon bow grip (earth damage). This would be a really good gold sink, although it may ruin the arms trade. However, it would reduce the need to buy GW gold online and therefore reduce inflation. Maybe this could be added if buying the mods were dam expensive and hard to make, therefore making it more of 15k armor type of thing instead of a "let's go buy forty max fortitude mods from the crafter!" type of thing.

What do you all think? I actually promised a guildie I would post this for her, and my view on it varies from one spectrum to the other, so I'm not going to argue one way or another on it. I just want to see what you all think.

Hmm interesting idea... I'm not sure how I feel about it. On the one hand it would be great to get a lot of those hard to find rare mods, but on the other hand I made my first big amount of money (I think it was around 50k) with a furious axe haft. I would have never made that sort of money if there were a mod crafter I'm sure. That raised my standard for what is a fair amount of gold to possess in GW. I'd have to say I'd be more interested in a Weapon Mod trader rather then a crafter. Would save me from having to yell "Price Check On..." into alliance chat.

I have to say, just like poster above me I to think it would be better if there was mod trader rather than a guy crafting. Perfect mods in this game are something that you have to work harder for and it should stay like that. I am all for greater accessability (mod trader) but not for its crafter. Making things like this (too) easy to get in the game would remove challenge of getting these mods.

It's an interesting idea to be sure. I'm not entirely certain how I'd feel about in practice, however I will offer up another potential alternative.

Instead of a crafter who just takes the materials, how about a mod upgrader. You provide them with something like a defensive staff head +3 armour as well as some materials and gold, and they upgrade it for you. You can go two different ways with it then and have it so it upgrades it automatically to the highest possible level, or it might upgrade it in increments so it would then become a +4 defensive staff head and you'd need to upgrade it once more (potentially at a higher cost) to make it maxed.

Like most things I'm not sure how well it would work in practice, but it's something to think about

I kind of like TLLOTS idea. You would still have to work for it. I think that max mods should be expensive though, if only to prevent greater access from ruining the gold farming market. Of course, people will always want weapons with 15^50 mods so it might just make those more valuable and devalue everything else lol.