PC Gaming News
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    They do overlap, their is even a quest that crosses the maps. You can even see a famous Arid Sea statue from Crystal Overlook, their are a ton of posts about it, I have even seen it myself.

By the way, you left out the Battle Isles on your map.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinlin View Post
    They do overlap, their is even a quest that crosses the maps. You can even see a famous Arid Sea statue from Crystal Overlook, their are a ton of posts about it, I have even seen it myself.

By the way, you left out the Battle Isles on your map.
    That is teh one place that is probably impossible to map since the Zaishen are very obviously asian and that would place the isles very near Cantha but we have Guild Islands that sample every location in teh known world that all seem to reside on the same island next to cantha...

Quote Originally Posted by PuppyEater View Post
    That is teh one place that is probably impossible to map since the Zaishen are very obviously asian and that would place the isles very near Cantha but we have Guild Islands that sample every location in teh known world that all seem to reside on the same island next to cantha...
    I think I remember somewhere it is said that the Zaishen are origionally Canthans. Also it has high chances it is in the middle, between all land masses, a kind of central focal point as it is accessable by all chapters.

I havent been there very often and never really read what the NPC'S have to say, I think I will go have a read and see if I can learn anything about the location.

Another note about the map, I think I read in the manual that the Corsairs control the waters between Istan and North West Cantha, should that not place Cantha slightly south east of Elona?

I hope some day A.Net release a full official map.

hmmm how do you know that cantha is that far away?

judging by some of the discriptions here, i would say the stickied map is slightly wrong, in that Cantha should be on the right side of the map, not left. maybe the land mases form a ring around a central ocean/sea at this point in the story line (think Mediterainian Sea) with the battle islands in the center as suggested.

The Charr are from Cantha? Why haven't I met any there...
    Enough said

~Doom

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by boxterduke View Post
    I still think that Elona is abit more south that the current location.
    I'm thinking maybe there is a grove or a gulf or just some more land that is not showing on the Elona map.

With the quest that takes you to the Forgotten guard that guards the portal to the Crystal desert, you can see the Statue from the Arid sea where the 15 points quest is.

The way the map is now, there is no way that you will be seeing it at this angle

I'll reuse Poisoned Hunter's map if he does not mind.
    I think Elona is more like this (donot mind my skills in paint :))
    I put 2 dots to where the forgotten guards are in both lands.

This will explain the darker waters around elona since the bottom waters in Tyria are close to this color and also it goes more with the terrain.

Be gentle with me, I'm just getting into this lore thing recently.
    I agree, been believing that since.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Nietzsche View Post
    mmm i personally think that the Elona and Tyrian maps overlap a slight bit. Given that you can see the statue in the arid sea from the crystal overlook, those two areas must be close together, even closer than what would be allowed by placing teh two maps adjacent.
    The statues are just too "huge", that's why it can be seen from the Elona side. Additionally, you are viewing it from a highly elevated ground, mountainous region of Elona, more reason why you can see the huge statues in the Crystal Desert.

If you check your view from the CD side, you'll see the landscape going higher and higher.

Quote Originally Posted by sententia View Post
    In the nightfall manuscript it says that the corsairs are able to handle the sea between the south of elona and the northwest part of cantha so cantha must be in the southeast of elona I think.
    It is on side 47 about the corsairs.
    I'll bet that info from the manuscript was a typo or a mis-imagination of the position of Cantha in relation to Elona.

Coz, we can't have Cantha "South-West" of Lion's Arch and at the same time "South-East" of Elona, even if we have the full landmass of Cantha it is still impossible, coz the lands East and South of Cantha are not part of the "Continent of Cantha" anymore.

UPDATE: typo - should be "South-West of Lion's Arch/Tyria" and "South-East of Elona".
    Last edited by Laibeus Lord; 02-12-2006 at 06:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Laibeus Lord View Post
    I'll bet that info from the manuscript was a typo or a mis-imagination of the position of Cantha in relation to Elona.

Coz, we can't have Cantha "South-East" of Lion's Arch and at the same time "South-West" of Elona, even if we have the full landmass of Cantha it is still impossible, coz the lands East and South of Cantha are not part of the "Continent of Cantha" anymore.
    how do you get Cantha being south-west of Elona? being that the only ocean you see on the Canthian map is North-West, and that would make Canta South-East of Elona, as sententia said, and not South-West as you have said

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by lynx raven raide View Post
    how do you get Cantha being south-west of Elona? being that the only ocean you see on the Canthian map is North-West, and that would make Canta South-East of Elona, as sententia said, and not South-West as you have said
    Actually its simple.

If Cantha is South-West of Tyria, and Elona is South of the Crystal Desert, then Cantha is South-West of Elona.

Cantha being South-East of Elona is just not possible, if Cantha is South-West of Tyria, because Elona is South of the Crystal Desert, and the Crystal Desert is part of Tyria,

or to put it another way,

Cantha couldn't be South-East of Elona if Tyrians are saying that Cantha is South-West of Tyria.

UNLESS the Planet of Tyria is smaller than we all originally are thinking.

Coz if Planet Tyria is smaller, as in smaller, then it becomes possible to have Cantha both "South-West of Tyria" and "South-East Elona".

Remember, Elona and Tyria are connected, thus when you make a directional relation from either Tyria or Elona, you are also referring to the other continent.

That's why I believe that part of the NF manuscript was a typo, it isn't South-East, it is South-West of Elona.
    Last edited by Laibeus Lord; 02-12-2006 at 06:02.

now you are completly confusing me. first you said:
    Coz, we can't have Cantha "South-East" of Lion's Arch and at the same time "South-West" of Elona
    (i had to quote from the quote in my section there, since you have corrected it in your post)
    and now you have said that it is the opposite way around....

also, where did you get that Cantha is South West of Tyria? these are the only 2 things i have seen in regards to the location of Cantha

Quote Originally Posted by EU/AU Factions Manuscripts pg 6
    The Empire of the Dragon holds sway over the Canthan continent south of Tyria, and has a rich and unique history that these manuscripts can only begin to describe.
    and
    Quote Originally Posted by EU/AU Nightfall Manuscripts pg 47
    Their fleets rmain hidden near the most dangerous stretches of the Elonian coast. Between the northewest coast of Cantha and the southern rim of Elona, a deadly sea is troubled by sudden storms and cyclones, hidden reefs and dangerous sea creatures. These waters were once navigated by fearless Luxon raiders from Cantha, and to this day brigands from many cultures search for secret coves hidden by these deadly waters.
    going by these, the indication is that Cantha is positioned south south-east of Tyria-Elona