PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IF there true they seem to be good however Im still not liking the effect of Spiritlight weapon. Maybe in practice it would be good but I think the range is to short.

Many of the item spells look like they have been changed to allow you to hold them indefintely.

this is a good thing for ritualists :D
    except for 2 skills, but hey. we can't get it all good :p

Like them like them :) especially Weapon of Quickening... shame thay haven't fixed Spirit Light Weapon, but the rest are all good B)

Quote Originally Posted by Akirai Annuvil
    Like them like them :) especially Weapon of Quickening... shame thay haven't fixed Spirit Light Weapon, but the rest are all good B)
    Yep, Spirit Light Weapon has gone from horrible to simply bad.

1 spell change that i like a lot: Ghostly Haste. Now a fix 25% faster recharge on spells, that's actually extremely solid. Especially if you think of Channeling or Restoration Rt. Channeling Rt in the area of a spirit can use Channeled Strike every 4-5 seconds, Gaze from Beyond every 8 sec, etc. It becomes much more spammable nukes.

Best buff to Resto Rt : Spirit Transfer. If you have a good spirit base in your team (say another spirit spammer along, be it offensive or defensive), this is now a VERY good skill. 237 heal that is instant cast is close to a mini-infuse. Goes very well to complement the cheap yet medium-healing spells like Soothing Memories.

Attuned was Tsungrai with Spirit Transfer, Soothing Memories, Resilient Weapon and Wielder's Boon, if someone else is using spirits, could be the base of a very solid Resto healer. Maybe add Ghostly Haste for even more spammability, since everything will be so cheap anyway (Soothing basically giving you energy, you'll be happy to have it as often as possible!).

I can also see a few nice Rit/Ele builds now :) Attuned + Ghostly Haste + Elemental attribute damage stuff :3

Quote Originally Posted by dfscott
    Yep, Spirit Light Weapon has gone from horrible to simply bad.
    It's definitely better, although it is still a very questionable Elite. Maybe with the viability of a non-Ritlord spirit build it could make it on a skill bar? Maybe, maybe not...

If I understand the change correctly, at 16 Restoration, 5 energy, 1 sec cast, 5 sec recharge, you would get a weapon skill with +8hp per second of healing, an additional +8 while near a spirit.

That's the equiv. of either +4 regen or +8 regen, while being able to apply on top of someone who's regen is already maxed out.

Of course, the validity of the Elite status IS still highly questionable. For comparison, you have no direct control over who Preservation heals, but for the same energy cost you get 33% more healing per second and the duration is 6 times longer.

In PvP, with hexes and conditions so prevelent, I find I get incredible utility from Resilient Weapon. When the condition is met it's +6 regen (restoration 14+), only +2 less than SLW with it's condition met, and it gives +24 armor. If given the choice on my bar between it and the "new" SLW, I'll take the non-elite over the elite any day.

I understand where ANet is coming from. At full effect (with the supposed change), you can almost double the HoT +hp/sec limit set by the +9 Regen cap. If they could increase the range to match the range of Recuperation, that would be a nice combination, but you would still need the help of a non-weapon +regen skill from another profession to be able to combine it with maxed regen. Under ideal conditions, you could offset up to 34 DPS (max regen plus max SLW). That's pretty significant, but the "near" range is still far too limiting.

At least make SLW "in the area". I think the fact that you can spam it around ain't too bad
    ULGG Officer
    IGNs: Zala Kimbazi (Mesmer), Kiith Arts (Ranger), Reticent Druhn (Ritualist)
    Currently, "Wingspan > thread" has 4 votes. Agree with WiNG? Use the quote!
    Watch my video if you enjoy laughing! || Play this build if you are 1337

GWOnline.Net Member
    The biggest impact to Ritual Lords here won't be the changes to recharge times/Ritual Lord decrease...

...it would be the significant nerf to Shelter. Increasing the damage it would take from 30 to 45 would decrease the number of hits it can take by about a third, which would make it a very short duration (which is nowhere near made up by the 15 second shorter recharge time).

Shelter is basically the bread-and-butter of a Ritual Lord's build. Yes, Displacement and Union are nice, but this is the true damage-absorbing spell.

well, to be fair, shelter is a little ridiculous

I think the whole point was anet did not intend for shelter to be up constantly

it may also force players to consider healing spirits for a change....
    ULGG Officer
    IGNs: Zala Kimbazi (Mesmer), Kiith Arts (Ranger), Reticent Druhn (Ritualist)
    Currently, "Wingspan > thread" has 4 votes. Agree with WiNG? Use the quote!
    Watch my video if you enjoy laughing! || Play this build if you are 1337