PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Unhappy Leechers afk in Fort Aspenwood(Kurzick)

Im tired of ppl leeching in fort aspenwood...had 2 ppl this evening/night that did that all the time...its easy for luxonside to beat a crippled team. What can you do about this exploit?

its not an exploit therefore nothing to do.

GWOnline.Net Member
    nothing's going to happen, it's not even worth reporting

Personally, I think that ANet should track how active people are in battles and just have the leechers, who are afk, lose faction...

Quote Originally Posted by dudeimonpepsi
    its not an exploit therefore nothing to do.
    Correction: it is an exploit. You can see this by reading
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploit...line_gaming%29
    as well as realted article
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFK_gaming

However it is not considered as such by ANet, simply because they dont care/dont have resources to fix existing problems (as opposed to making new chapters).

Quote Originally Posted by Symon Butterfingers
    Correction: it is an exploit. You can see this by reading
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploit...line_gaming%29
    as well as realted article
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFK_gaming

However it is not considered as such by ANet, simply because they dont care/dont have resources to fix existing problems (as opposed to making new chapters).
    From what I've gathered, people who leech games in Fort Aspenwood just enter the game and stay at the start not participating - where those topics you linked specificy the AFK-gaming exploit as a macro and/or bot ran character. Those are two different things. You're not breaking any rules by just standing away from the action twiddling your thumbs; therefore it's more of an arguement of etiquette, not exploitation.

What Guild Wars could do to is implement some sort of AFK deterence for PvP; such as if you don't move your character, type, cast a spell, etc. in a specific amount of time, your character would be flagged idle. They could then have it so if you go idle in a PvP game, you will be automaticly removed from the game and have any faction earned from that game subtracted.

Way I see it, leechers are retarded because they rarely gain more than 200 faction from games because they lose more than 90% of games when they leave their team alone like that. They could get more from 3 or 4 games of participation than from 10 or more leeching.

I played Fort Aspenwood this morning... there were only me and another guy, an Assassin, participating. We both mapped out. What a big waste of time; it's a shame people don't want to play this game and want to take an 'easy' way out of gaining something, at the expense at people who seek enjoyment out of sitting at their computer participating.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SpitfireIXA
    Way I see it, leechers are retarded because they rarely gain more than 200 faction from games because they lose more than 90% of games when they leave their team alone like that. They could get more from 3 or 4 games of participation than from 10 or more leeching.
    As long they dont have bot doing it over night.

Anet should code penalty system that you lose faction if you stay in fort, dont do damage or dont heal.

I know I'm gonna get flamed again for this, but...
    Losing side should get no faction. In fact losing side should lose faction (instant fation loss for the players that leave game prematurely). To ballance overall faction gain winning side should get more faction.
    This would terminate leeching at once as completely unprofitable.