PC Gaming News

Poll: Which Evolution do you Prefer and Why?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Preferred Evolution and Why?

I'm trying to decide on what evolution I want. I've heard 60 more hp is much more useful then the 4 damage you get from 15% damage increase, but I want to know what you guys think.

For me it really doesn't matter, I just have the pet there to make things easier and dish out some free dps.

Your thoughts?

Dire is my personal preference. If you think you're going to have trouble keeping your pet alive, go with hearty. If you're good on health, go with dire. I don't generally have problems keeping my pet alive, so dire is best suited for me.

I can't think of that many situations where you want to push your pet's survivability to the max. Hearty nets your pet only 60 HP or something which only has a direct impact on its tankability when there's no healing (in which case, why would you let it tank?) or it's getting spiked hard (in which case, it probably won't survive either way).

+4 damage is universally useful (I think).

Unless you want your pet to do nothing but tank, then go hearty but if you want to do any damage, even if your main focus is tanking, then go dire.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

A dead one (SF)
    I prefer Dire myself. I hardly have any problems keeping my pet alive, so I may as well go with the evolution that does more damage. Another thing too is that Dire pets will most likely become attacked more often since mobs go after targets with lower HP which helps keep the flak off my team and myself.

I was under the impression that hearty pets not only have more health but are overall bigger, I could be wrong though. I love my bear
    ( which is hearty ) and seems rather large compared to others.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

A dead one (SF)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDivider
    I was under the impression that hearty pets not only have more health but are overall bigger, I could be wrong though. I love my bear
    ( which is hearty ) and seems rather large compared to others.

You are correct. Hearty pets are indeed the largest (not counting Faction pets though since they don't grow).

Elder
    Just because it looks better =P

Basically, if you're going to carry CoP AND SB, go dire. Hell yea go dire. If you don't like toting around both, go hearty, atleast thats what i do.

Personally, I use Hearty for size, easier to raise and life. Since i used to do tombs 3-4 times a day, 60 health was nice.

Elder, Just because.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWO
    I like Dire - for my primary ranger, at least.

Mainly because when I do bring the pet I'll also bring other beast master skills to keep it alive. 60 health isn't such a big deal, I'd rather have the extra damage.

Hearthy is more useful on my secondary rangers, I find - because they mostly bring their pets when they need it to tank for them for a few seconds...

That's just my preferences, though. I'll substitute Elder for either evolution for either situation, though.