The Hero method of using unlocked skills, and the repurcussions of this on PvE, got me thinking... what if all your PvE characters were allowed to use all of your unlocked skills too ?
First, the shiny happy consequences :
* Quicker for experienced players to re-play PvE campaigns.
* Unlocking skills is never just 'wasting' your skill points and platinum on heroes.
* The skill points saved can be used to experience the lesser-valued skills or improve play with Heroes.
* Not going to be a big balance issue because a] everything up to level 20 is just filler for veterans anyway b] people will soon have 3 low level Elite-wielding all-knowing characters in their party.
* Players with limited resources have more money to spend since they are no repurchasing unlocked skills ( I doubt rich players consider this a significant expenditure ).
* People would be much more willing to re-make characters for a new appearance ( one of the top requests around here ).
* People would be somewhat happier in the event of character deletion ( is that a hot topic, I had not noticed ? ).
* Greatly heightened motivation for staunch PvE players to participate in PvP.
* Reduced tedium / increased satisfaction of skill capture ( yes it felt good to capture Feast Of Corruption, NO to ever doing it again ! ).
* For the above reasons, more people playing through campaigns persistantly ( I would not even contemplate a new Necromancer character considering the immense effort required to match my current one ).
And of course the dark clouds :
* Some current players will rejoice, some will most definitely not.
* The low level arenas will be even more imbalanced than they currently are.
* Re-learning unlocked skills is pretty much grind, but at least it makes people play more.
What do you think ?