PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

P/W Motivation Healer

(Adapted from my previous topic)

This Paragon build involves using Chants and Shouts to constantly heal and fortify your party.

Attributes and Skills

Motivation 16
    Leadership 11
    Spear Mastery 9

Signet of Synergy - Target other ally is healed for 104 Health. If you are not under the effects of an Enchantment, you are also healed for 104 Health.

Mending Refrain - For 20 seconds, target ally has +1...3 Health regeneration. This Echo is reapplied every time a Chant or Shout ends on that ally.

Finale of Restoration - For 37 seconds, whenever a Chant or Shout ends on target ally, that ally is healed for 79 Health.

Ballad of Restoration - For 10 seconds, the next time each party member within earshot takes damage, that ally gains 94 Health.

Song of Restoration (e) - For 10 seconds, the next time each party member within earshot uses a Skill, that party member gains 40...88 Health.

Anthem of Flame - For 10 seconds, the next attack skill used by each ally within earshot also causes Burning for 2 seconds.

"Watch Yourself!" - Party members within earshot gain +20 armor for 5seconds.

Resurrection Signet

Equipment

Templar's Armor (+ Energy) with Rune of Superior Vigor, Rune of Superior Motivation, and Runes of Minor Spear Mastery and Leadership

+5 Energy Spear w/ +30 HP Fortitude Mod

Usage
    • Constantly maintain Mending Refrain on all Party Members by spamming Anthem of Flame.
    • Cast Finale of Restoration on as many party members as possible, then use Ballad of Restoration, Song of Restoration, Anthem of Flame, and "Watch Yourself!" to constantly activate Finale of Restoration.
    • Use Signet of Synergy whenever you and/or a party member are damaged.

This build works incredibly well in nearly every format. (may want to change Elite for AB, though). Paragons, with 96AL, are much strudier than Monks and make much better Healers, especially in 4v4 areas. Also, in PvE, a Paragon can maintain Mending Refrain on the entire party, which is very powerful.
    Last edited by Zingeri; 27-09-2006 at 00:45.

nice build :D, should be a nice healer espcially in mage hate area's

Very similar to my build here http://forums.gwonline.net/showpost....8&postcount=19 , which was (for some reason) merged with the Watch Yourself discussion thread. It uses Watch Yourself in the same way you use it.

I suggest doing something with your Leadership points. It is of no benefit to have an odd rank in Leadership in this particular build, and one more point will give you 1 more second in Anthem of Flame.

Pretty much what I plan to be using (at least in my head), except I'll swap Finale of Restoration for Aria of Restoration or the 3A Bleeding spear attack, so the points in Spear Mastery and the Anthem of Flame isnt wasted. I'll also carry Signet of Return just for a hard rez (in PvE)

Quote Originally Posted by JeanDeathwish
    I suggest doing something with your Leadership points. It is of no benefit to have an odd rank in Leadership in this particular build, and one more point will give you 1 more second in Anthem of Flame.
    Can't. If you touch Spear Mastery, you can't deal normal damage. If you touch Motivation, you become less effective. But I guess you can do 15/12/9 if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Temjen
    Pretty much what I plan to be using (at least in my head), except I'll swap Finale of Restoration for Aria of Restoration or the 3A Bleeding spear attack, so the points in Spear Mastery and the Anthem of Flame isnt wasted. I'll also carry Signet of Return just for a hard rez (in PvE)
    Bad idea. Very bad idea.

Anthem of Flame is core to the build. Since its duration is equal to its recharge, it can keep Mending Refrain up indefinatley. And this is a protection build, not a damage build! I'll make another topic for those...

I think youve forgotten your shield.

A superior vigor and a +30hp mod on the spear will cancel out the superior motivation rune, and leave you at 485hp. But you also have a shield, which can have +30hp as well. So that leaves perfect room to add in a major rune to let you have:

16 (+3) Motivation
    12 (+2) Leadership
    9 (+1) Spear Mastery

And be precisely at 480hp.

i tried a build similar to that during preview event, doesnt heal much...at least not in RA might do better in pve

There's no anti focus-firing in the build, so it works as a secondary "blanket healer".

If you want the full package, swap in angelic bond to combo with signet of synergy to counter spikes.

As I don't particularly like being pigeon-holed into being a P/W, what skill would you recommend to replace "Watch Yourself!" to run this build?

Eeep, if you're not a P/W, you need to find an alternative, partywide short duration shout. It's probably possible, but considering the build is built around the fact WY expires fast...