PC Gaming News
    GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran6 months registered5000 Experience Points

Problem: "Masters of Corruption" quest

Yesterday I drinked in the Chalice of Corruption just for the fun of it. I knew I had to defeat those waves of Afflicted with a 2 health penality and wanted to test my character.

The problem is:
    I killed the 3 waves of Afflicted, but still got the quest log message "Defeat the sickened Am Fah". Brother Tosai is still there telling me if I'm ready to see who are my real masters, and the green bursting star is at the same spot from the beginning (in front of Brother Tosai) on my compass. I killed every Afflicted I could in the Undercity, even the ones that did not come in the first waves, but it did nothing.

In short, nothing is happening and no Afflicted are left for me to kill. Is there something else I must do ?

did you kill the boss?

look for "sickened Am fah" and not "afflicted"

10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    I had to wander around this area for quite a while killing groups before it updated. The star is just the general location unfortunately.

100 Posts10 PostsVeteran6 months registered5000 Experience Points

Angry

I killed every single Afflicted and Kappa there was down there. The only Am Fah I did not kill were the ones around Waeng, the boss for the quest "Assist the guards", which I presume is not important in this case.

I killed 2 Afflicted bosses, 1 Necro and 1 Monk, if that can help...

EDIT: After some more time, nothing hostile to me is alive in the Undercity, but I still get the quest message "Defeat the sickened Am Fah".

EDIT 2: If I abandon the quest, will I still have the -2 health degeneration ?
    Last edited by PsyBuster; 28-09-2006 at 01:39.

if you abandon the quest the health degen will go away - I had to do this on my first character because it bugged the hell out of me.

you often see people wandering arround the marketplace with the sickness on them - then they get into PUG's doing other quests and mess up the healer's day.