PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I don't think so, actually...

Quote Originally Posted by ANewMachine
    Weapons trader will NOT come, and here's why. Fortitude mods go from +10 to +30. What if I want a +29, to save myself a few plat but still get essentially the same bonus?
    Actually...Check this link (thanks Scutilla ). There it's mentioned that Arena Net is actually thinking about "perfect mod traders".

Erasculio

He is actually right with Factions being unfinished.

Even Prophecies lacks the polish, I did some missions today were mobs do not attack at all, the Titan at the end of Abaddon's Mouth was broken a few weeks after Prophecies was released and since then nobody touched it anymore.

Factions has still many bugged maps, the GLORY AND FAME OF QUALITY ASSURANCE really, Ft Aspenwood is biased.

Prophecies has some leftover glitches, Factions has even more, Nightfall will have...?

We all hope the best, but the trend leaving stuff unfinished is alarming.

But well, maybe it is just Factions... bad idea, this war, never really took off!

GWOnline.Net Member
    Factions does not need to be "finished" in my opinion. As far as I am concerned it was a failed experiment with only a little good coming out of it. Once Nightfall is released I will probably never go back there unless it is to Cap an Elite that is exclusive to there or to quickly level up a new character.

Obviously I do not like Factions as a whole but there are a few things that were introduced in it that I DO like.

The cooperative missions where two groups worked together to accomplish a goal.

The big tough monsters that took coordinated teamwork to bring down.

Urgoz and the Deep

And I really liked the Island.

You guys forget one thing ... Prophecies was in development for 4 years. Factions for 6-12 months? Of course you are going to get alot less content ... duh!

As far as thw whole war/moving line/allicance battles... they sounded good in concept but flopped in reality. I really don't blame anet too much about that ... they tried to work outside the box .... it just didnt work...

I have super-high hopes for CH3 ... they seem to be going back to basics, while at the same time addressing one of the biggest deficiencies of the PVE game (poor henchmen) so CH3 will hopefully be a great success.

But please don't hope for content on par with prophecies .. unless you want to wait another 3 years...

Oh, and btw ... I agree that a weapon mod trader (or auction house) is LONG overdue ... no excuse there imo...

regarding armor storage etc. why dont they just double the size of storage vaults to 40 spaces. They are meant to be boxes not the exact same size as bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono Mozza
    regarding armor storage etc. why dont they just double the size of storage vaults to 40 spaces. They are meant to be boxes not the exact same size as bags.
    I have often found it puzzleing that I can carry more than I can store.

In the past the reasoning has been to prevent hoarding and keep stuff flowing through the economy
    Last edited by Trin Storm; 28-09-2006 at 19:58.

There are things in Factions that are "broken" (or are considered "broken" by some folks) but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to be fixed. You'd just end up dead.

Just for a side note. I keep reading posts about Nightfall will be better because its made by the proph guys. The original GW was made by the FULL team. From both factions + proph programmers. After they released Proph they thought of the concept of spliting the team in 2 to do a release every 6 months. I still dont know why people fail to understand this.

Now to the topic. I agree Factions is unfinished but so is Proph. There are minor things that Anet doesnt really care about. For example, in the Ring of Fire missions there are instances where mobs just dont move or fight. That doesn't really matter. Why? Well its only one mob and its nice to have a break once in a while. Playing missions that takes alot of time is enduring.

The storage/trading improvements, like other said, is long overdue. Im still waiting on more improvements cause I simply cannot go around saying WTS bla bla bla. Takes too much time up =/

@ImSoToast: Actually you can buy it online at NCstore and get the access key in 5 seconds.

Otherwise I agree with what you say. Both games still have quite a few bugs, Factions definetly more than Prophecies. The Gatekeepers running out at Aspenwood etc.

The big problem is if this is what we can expect for future chapters. Will there ever be an overhaul of Factions bugs? The bugs that are global they will try to iron out, I'm sure, but chapter specific bugs?

Quote Originally Posted by Fossa
    @ImSoToast: Actually you can buy it online at NCstore and get the access key in 5 seconds.

Otherwise I agree with what you say. Both games still have quite a few bugs, Factions definetly more than Prophecies. The Gatekeepers running out at Aspenwood etc.

The big problem is if this is what we can expect for future chapters. Will there ever be an overhaul of Factions bugs? The bugs that are global they will try to iron out, I'm sure, but chapter specific bugs?
    I think it depends on how game breaking it is. Is it something impassable or just something glitchy that a second trip almost always fixes? Do players get stuck and can't get out or finish? Those i am sure they will fix (don't think there are any right now)

Minor stuff like a mob getting stuck - no they won't fix that stuff.