Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by deathy
    Very Unconventional...

Any help you could give me would be great

http://gwshack.us/5ac3b

Notes under the build.

Thanks.
    Looks interesting.
    Maybe distortion or whirling on the spirit ranger to avoid getting interruped?
    Pretty weak defence though. Only 1 barbed trap and that's it.
    I don't see how you plan to stay alive but maybe that's just me :)
    Do you really need draw conditions when you have restore conditions?

I think David Holzman once said that you only really need one copy of fear me but i don't have much experience with that skill hopefully someone who knows more about it can fill in here.

I haven't used Quickening Zephyr much either but wouldn't this cause energy problems for your own team even if it recharges your skills faster.

I only know that iway uses this to provide more pressure because it doesn't really affect them.

I like your idea of using primal echoes to punish monks who use signet of devotion. That's a very good idea in my opinion because all blessed light monks (monk/assassin) spam devotion signet as it is their only energy management.
    Last edited by Dogbert; 02-10-2006 at 16:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert
    Looks interesting.
    Maybe distortion or whirling on the spirit ranger to avoid getting interruped?
    Pretty weak defence though. Only 1 barbed trap and that's it.
    I don't see how you plan to stay alive but maybe that's just me :)
    Do you really need draw conditions when you have restore conditions?

I think David Holzman once said that you only really need one copy of fear me but i don't have much experience with that skill hopefully someone who knows more about it can fill in here.

I haven't used Quickening Zephyr much either but wouldn't this cause energy problems for your own team even if it recharges your skills faster.

I only know that iway uses this to provide more pressure because it doesn't really affect them.

I like your idea of using primal echoes to punish monks who use signet of devotion. That's a very good idea in my opinion because all blessed light monks (monk/assassin) spam devotion signet as it is their only energy management.
    Thanks for the reply,

Not sure what i would replace distortion or whirling with but i have thought about it

Defence is definately a problem, but im working with the idea that 'the best defence is a good offence', maybe swapping the e-surge for a warder would solve that?

Most of the characters have been designed(read attribs and skillset up slightly reworked) to function around qz, the back 2 especially

Don't forget that it also owns healing signet =)

Yeah as to the two copies of fear me, im not sure when heavy e-denial stops and overkill starts...

One thing that I saw a guild doing that worked extremely well, was assassins using frenzy or flurry, fear me with double attacks going, and a necro doing dark fury. They were hitting off 3 energy every second about each. Very effective source of e-denial if using melee and fear me is the route you're going.

This may seem a little rude, but I hope not.

I really advise playing some conventional, balanced builds in your guild. You seem to post build ideas on this forum very frequently - and although creativity is very important - I think that playing balanced for a short while will educate you as to what works well and what may not.

Try persuading your guild into trying maybe one build each week once you're used to balance. Your players will be practised on roles, and you can see how a build fares. You may even find something that works better than your current build, or that shows evidence of lots of potential.

In reality, posting these builds on these forums won't help too much. If, just over a year ago, somebody posted on most GW forums a build consisting of 6 warriors and 2 necros, they would be laughed at. Yet this build is something that has slowly evolved into something that a large amount of teams run. A lot of the best builds originally look silly on paper, and I doubt people on these forums will try builds for you.

That said, some build comments for you:
    • Dash on the warriors will cost far too much energy to be used frequently. Sprint is enough to chase most people down, and it can be kept up permanently.
    • Your warriors have very little disruption, and your midline isn't too much better. You have one slowdown, which is not spammable, meaning that Ward vs Foes, a cripspammer etc means that enemies can kite you, regardless of your speed bonus. Try fitting Bull's or Shock on the warriors, maybe instead of S&M or the other attacks.
    • You are very weak against pressure. Your only anti-warrior is in the form of a Barb Trap and a flagger (and your monks are not built to counter wars well), and your only heal party will be away from the fight often.
    • The mesmer may not fit the role which they will end up performing. He may often need to shut down emos spamming extinguish etc. or blindspam, where a MoR mesmer could imo do the job better. That said, surge weakens the power of wards and is very useful at VoD.

I'll stop posting builds =(

Our guild has stuck with a very plain adrenal spike, and the builds I post are never really used by our guild. More something I find fun doing rather than something actually practical for the guild... Conventional/Balanced builds are better for us to play, but nowhere near as rewarding/challenging/fun to create...

------------

Anyway as to the build:

Dash for Sprint
    s&m for bulls strike - or would 2 coward sins be better?

What do you think of the idea about swapping the mes for a crip shot, and apply poison on the ss for whirling/distortion?
    It keeps same amount of e-denial(debilitating), and maybe even more disrupting, however you are losing remove hex, draw conditions, and ether prodigy -potentially with 3x savage and 3x distracting you should hope to interrupt wards/ether prodigy/blinding flash/hexes, but im not so sure.

Another advantage of the cripshot is that it has extra snare/anti-warrior, and means that it could sub as a runner, and allow the ele to spam flash+party if needed at the flag stand

Also any advice on what combination of monks/rts the build should use?

The QZ makes ur choice for healers quite more difficult, I probably wouldnt go down the line with the attuned restor. rits, but I wouldnt want to be a monk playing in QZ either. Your gona have to do some trial and error with the build because QZ is gona screw all ur backline no matter what.

Edit: I agree to switch out dash for sprint and do see very little utility in ur midline besides the draw. This build may need to add in some utility for protection if ur backline is goning to run under QZ.

My guess for main use of the monks would be their gift of health spell. Under QZ it recharges in 2.5 secs, which makes it not so bad to have other ones shut off. At least, that would be my guess anyways.

My guess for main use of the monks would be their gift of health spell. Under QZ it recharges in 2.5 secs, which makes it not so bad to have other ones shut off. At least, that would be my guess anyways.

Build updated.