PC Gaming News

Ok, so here on hither is my build

Of course I can't say the stats listed as of yet, or if it will work or not, since I have taken these skills from scanning through Guild Wiki and made a concept build focused on energy maintainment while getting your enchants to blow up as soon as possible. As of now, the only weapon I'd say you need for sure is one with a Zealous mod on it. This is only being posted for anyone who may be confused about the Dervish and want a build to try out. Criticize if you like, or flex your muscular ego with your 1337t4ztik build t0tly pwN1ng mine. Either way, here it is.

Dervish/Monk

Stats : hell if I know

Skills:
    Extend Enchantments
    Pious Renewal [elite]
    Heart of Holy Flame
    Aura of Thorns
    Dust Cloak
    Vital boon
    Lyssa's Assault
    Ressurect / Rebirth (whichever you prefer)

Descrition: Ok, again, this is only a concept, so my explanation of how it "works," is only a half-assed guess. With the zealous mod, you are able to build up your energy capacity with each swing, so yar, that's a good thing. How I envisioned it, get on extend enchantments. For BLAH seconds, whatever enchants last 100% longer, and after BLAH seconds, this enchant ends. when it does, all enchants on you are removed. After this, use pious renewal, for BLAH seconds, every enchant on you that is removed gives you BLAH hp and BLAH sp. While these two are on, get on all your other enchants, and if you run out of sp before then, Lyssa's Assault, giving you (forget) energy so long as you're enchanted. Wait for extend to end, all your enchants go bazan bazoom, and you reap the benefits from vital boon and pious renewal while the rest do their work of AoE damage. Ok, if anyone sees any flaws (as I'm sure you will, because I know there are), point them out and flex.

ok, you get plenty of energy it seems, but i don't see the damage :o, it doesn't apear to be a tankish dervish either :?

I have taken these skills from scanning through Guild Wiki and made a concept build focused on energy maintainment while getting your enchants to blow up as soon as possible.
    If your goal is to end your enchantments as soon as possible I wouldn't take the "Extend Enchantments" skill, seeing as that only makes them last longer. Mystic Sandstorm would be a better option to remove them all.

Lyssa's Assault will only return 10 Energy, which is also cost of the skill itself, the only energy you'll gain is that of the zealous mod on your weapon.
    (How exactly does this skill work? Does it deliver energy for each foe you hit or just one? If it's for each, this would be very good e-management, provided you're able to hit multiple enemies)

Build itself seems decent, but like all builds it needs field testing, but gonna have to wait awhile before it can be done

not sure if the damage output/ health/energy regain from mysticsm will be enough anymore to make these types of builds viable later on
    The Characters
    Ninja Mesmer (Me/X) - Royal Warrior V (W/X) - Vashe The Sane (Rt/X) - James Bond The Monk (Mo/X) - Raoshin Wodahs (A/X) - Empty Slot - Empty Slot - Empty Slot - *Royal Dervish Femme (D/Mo) - Royal Paragon (P/?)
    The Guild
    KOTT - Knights Of The Trinity

* = Currently Playing

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jlmodell
    not sure if the damage output/ health/energy regain from mysticsm will be enough anymore to make these types of builds viable later on
    I think to make a dervish worthwhile you need to capitalize on scythe attacks for damage. Extend enchantments + pious renewal looks nice, but where is the damage? At least mystic sandstorm would add some AE damage.

Im not sure I like pious renewal. The more I look at enchant bombing the less I like it, unless it involves pious assault to spam a high damage attack 4 or 5 times. And pious renewal would get striped first unless you use an ability that droped all enchants, plus you are giving up an elite slot.

I think ethereal aid + lyssa's assualt might be worth looking into if you are interested in energy management. Looks to me like the same amount of energy regain, plus it frees up a few slots for some damage abilities.

4 enchants + 2 extra energy = 8. Lyssa's assault + ethereal aid at 12 mysticism = 9 every 15 seconds.

With a wind of 5 (4+1) ethereal aid reduces the cost of Lyssa's assault by 10. You could keep the same build but drop extend enchantments and pious renewal, have more consistant energy regen and free up an elite slot.
    Last edited by jhffmn; 07-10-2006 at 16:53.

From what I understoof of extend enchantments (from what I read, I believed it to last 17 seconds, THEN go away), I wanted that on, so that after 17 seconds it would go away, causing all of my other enchantments to be stripped and then cause their blindness/bleeding/burning/etc damage. I guess I'll need to use the skill first to see what it does before hand. As for Pious Renewal, it's the only elite I actually find somewhat helpful, and with its ability, all the enchantments taken away would = energy/health regain. The avatars just aren't doing it fo me (PvE wise, anyway). If anyone knows how Extend works for certain, please explain it to me, since I was confused even after reading over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saox
    From what I understoof of extend enchantments (from what I read, I believed it to last 17 seconds, THEN go away), I wanted that on, so that after 17 seconds it would go away, causing all of my other enchantments to be stripped and then cause their blindness/bleeding/burning/etc damage. I guess I'll need to use the skill first to see what it does before hand. As for Pious Renewal, it's the only elite I actually find somewhat helpful, and with its ability, all the enchantments taken away would = energy/health regain. The avatars just aren't doing it fo me (PvE wise, anyway). If anyone knows how Extend works for certain, please explain it to me, since I was confused even after reading over it.
    what people are talking about is the fact that there are way better ways to remove all enchantments at once.

Extend enchantment is designed for you to use other short lasting enchantments as long lasting enchantments, the remove all enchantments at the end is there to balance the skill.