PC Gaming News
Page 35 of 122 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalidri View Post

I think I will just do susie homemaker for a few days, clean up the forums
    Wahhh, please don't ban me!!!! I'll wash, I promise.

Congratz on the completion of your tale, Kali. If I haven't read it and given you a belated ego boost before Easter, you are welcome to kill all my in-game characters within the first paragraph of your next epic tale

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwyng View Post
    a gentle reminder: when you write in people's characters, you can't kill them!
    LoL. Well, I did tell Yggy that she could kill off Cres if she wanted to, but then again, I'm not terribly attached to her, so maybe that's not a good example. Hmm... thinking about it now, I don't think I would mind if any of my characters were killed off in a story, as long as it's not gruesome and for no good cause.

Back to me...cos it's all about me you know... ;p

I have an offer contingent upon my background check coming back clean.

:)

So I should know my start date by the end of the week!

Thanks all of you for your encouragement :). I am so excited I just can't stand it!

Eeeeep!

Plz plz plz get the job You really sound like you want it!

/excited for you

I can give you a glowing reference if you like

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran6 months registered1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Melandhrian View Post

Thanks all of you for your encouragement :). I am so excited I just can't stand it!
    it's supposed to be "i'm so excited, i just can't hide it", after that 80's song.

grats on the clean background check and the job, fellow Spartan!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalidri View Post
    That is just the thing, I have a bad rep for killing things/people/fuzzy creatures. I probably will not get volunteers.
    Eh, you're perfectly welcome to use any of my characters (and associated pets) and kill them however you see fit. Even the Indomitable Survivor who still hasn't died yet.

Hi Hi, I'm kinda new in the fan-fic section in these forums, so here goes:

My favorite authors (and why):

Orsen Scott Card: ever since I read Ender's Game as kid. And all 7 follow up novels. There is so much insight to human nature...

Edgar Allen Poe: The Raven, The Tell-Tale Heart, The Pit and the Pendulum... Mr Poe seems to be the master of writing about despair, and how people tend to cause their own to worsen.

Oswald Chambers: The passion for his subject.

Tom Clancy: that he "keeps it real" in the sense that he checks continuity of the practices of his characters with the actual armed forces and government, of which he has extensive knowledge.

Mark Twain: for his preface to Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court The man deserves respect for that, even more so above and beyond what he earned for writing all his other literature.

Robert Frost: Also for his insights into human behavior, and especially for "Mending Wall"

Other influences:
    the book How a Poem Means (notice, that's its not What a Poem Means)

Writing Peeves (if you ever catch me doing this, shoot me):
    uum, I'll have to get back to you on this one...

Dealing with Writer's Block:
    Sometimes I head to the area in game, or research related quests. But mostly, I just set it aside until I get back to it. I've heard it said that writer's block happens when you're trying to write something that's not supposed to be written. So, I assume, that my train of thought isn't where its supposed to be to write the next scene/chapter, and give my mind a chance too discover the story on its own, instead of trying to force it.

Half the time, what I write, is simply self discovered as I write it, without actually planning it in advance. The other half, I've daydreamed about a particular conversation for hours before actually writing it.

I try to write "Organicly" as it comes to me. I like to say that I'm holding the pen, but the pen is doing the writing not me.

More about me and writing
    I've been writing and posting my stories in my guild's forums for just over a year now, and have written about 50 "chapters." I am currently severely editing the early ones, to fix continuity errors and make them what they should have been to begin with, but were no where near due to me having been out of practice for so long.

Originally, I hadn't fleshed out my character's personalities, but after quite a few chapters, each one grew on me differently, and I found I needed to show those personalities in the earlier parts, also hence my rewrites.

I tend to not descirbe the scenery very much, because so far, everyone who's read my stories has played most of the game. If you've played Prophecies, you know what Ascalon looks like, you know the layout of Lion's Arch, etc...(Eventually, I'd like to add more screenshots as well.) If, by some chance, this story ever makes it into published, novel form, I will certainly rewrite the story again, to include much more detail.

now that I've rambled on, methinks I'll sit back and enjoy the comapany :)
    Last edited by Forgotten Legend; 21-03-2007 at 05:36.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran6 months registered1,000 Posts
    hello and welcome! glad to have you on board!

I honestly liked Erick Nylon -_-

The creator of the Halo novels. It's the only series I could actually get excited for during my rides home on the buss.

xD

Quote Originally Posted by Melandhrian View Post

Bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Thats fantastic!!!

**bounces**

I'm so pleased for you!

W
    The Night Whisper ~ Necromancer
    Leader of The Right Tub [BATH] Alliance ~ Proud to be a friend of [RAOK]

One of the Eight Winds of Devastation, aka Devast-Eight
    "...in a room full of noise, a whisper is oft as good as a shout..."