PC Gaming News
Page 43 of 122 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast
    Yay, free plug, why not

Crimson Skies : A grieving warrior, an unorthodox monk and a mysterious assassin stumble across a Charr Flame Temple in the Eastern Fronteir, where they face both overwhelming forces of evil and their inner-most fears.

Hey, what's not to love about a free plug? Though I caught myself thinking of TV listings in like TV guide when they try to describe an episode of MASH in fifteen words. It's kind of the fanfic forum "what's on tonight?"

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran6 months registered5000 Experience Points
    Ties That Bind- A guild leader is murdered, a group set forth to find the killer(s), and along the way discover more than they bargained for about the murder, new friends, and themselves.

Untitled.....I'll think of one later - The tale of one necromancers fight for survival, beset with danger; most of it as a result of her penchant for cheeking the Gods.
    The Night Whisper ~ Necromancer
    Leader of The Right Tub [BATH] Alliance ~ Proud to be a friend of [RAOK]

One of the Eight Winds of Devastation, aka Devast-Eight
    "...in a room full of noise, a whisper is oft as good as a shout..."

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Whisper View Post
    Untitled.....I'll think of one later - The tale of one necromancers fight for survival, beset with danger; most of it as a result of her penchant for cheeking the Gods.

So...do you have an actual title for your story? It has been "later" for awhile. Just thought while I was doing my modly duties I could rename your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalidri View Post
    So...do you have an actual title for your story? It has been "later" for awhile. Just thought while I was doing my modly duties I could rename your thread.
    I was thinking about that when I was writing the above, could you change my title to: A Necromancer's Promise

Thanks Zen!

W
    The Night Whisper ~ Necromancer
    Leader of The Right Tub [BATH] Alliance ~ Proud to be a friend of [RAOK]

One of the Eight Winds of Devastation, aka Devast-Eight
    "...in a room full of noise, a whisper is oft as good as a shout..."

Apologies if this is something that has already been discussed, but got a toon in the making that may or may not later become a character in a story, and while I've got the first name set in stone, a good surname continues to evade me, and the name generators I've generally fallen back on aren't providing. Which led me to wonder, where do you guys pull names from?
    Last edited by Denji; 19-04-2007 at 00:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Denji View Post
    Apologies if this is something that has already been discussed, but got a toon in the making that may or may not later become a character in a story, and while I've got the first name set in stone, a good surname continues to evade me, and the name generators I've generally fallen back on aren't providing. Which lead me to wonder, where do you guys pull names from?
    I know I'm going to regret admitting this... but here goes!

Some of my characters' names originated from the Elvish dictionary... *ducks for tomatoes and laughter*

(Deleted characters not mentioned.)

Tavari Tinde (R)
    Tavari = spirit of the woods (female)
    Tinde = glint

Eneri Ninde (Mo)
    Eneri is the name of a flash project I saw and really liked, and Ninde = slender (yes, Elvish) (I don't know why I chose it, not very original there...)

Lost In Shadows (N)
    Random idea that I got at the time that stuck.

Losse Evensong (E)
    Losse = white, fallen snow, blossom (the meaning I chose was fallen snow), Evensong... well, I stole Lindelle's last name.

Crescent Blade (A) - it made sense ><"

Kea Lightbringer (Rt)
    Kea was just a named I made up. At the time, my guildies created a Nightbringer and a Dawnbringer, so I fit my ritualist into the theme. Had no idea about NF at the time, or else I wouldn't have chose it.

Kira Avonchan (R) - Her first name was taken from a character in anime, and her last name will remain a secret for now.

Tazariina Rosa (D)
    This is a silly name - my friend joked that I should name my dervish after the tasmanian devil because of the spinning, so I did, adding the "riina" (= crowned) just because I thought it sounded nice. "Rosa" was because her red lips reminded me of a rose.

Tianya Eiylisha (P)
    tian ya = the edge of the sky/world (in Mandarin)
    Eilysha is a play on word sounds (yi li sha = a grain of sand). This comes from the lyrics of a song that I really like.

Enishi Vow (Me)
    Yukishiro Enishi is a character from a manga that I love - Kenshin. Enishi is written as "yuan" in Chinese, which means fate, destiny... what-have-you.
    Vow is a word I like, first getting my attention from the name of a Warcraft 3 hero in a survivor map, if that made sense.

Hrm, after typing all that, I realized that this probably won't help you, Denji. But... just for the record... ^^;;

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    Apologies if this is something that has already been discussed, but got a toon in the making that may or may not later become a character in a story, and while I've got the first name set in stone, a good surname continues to evade me, and the name generators I've generally fallen back on aren't providing. Which lead me to wonder, where do you guys pull names from?
    Eeeeh, kinda depends on what nationality your char is, methinks. My Tyrians are kinda semi-random, My Ele only really being a combination of Sigmund Freud (I like the name Sigmund, so sue me. Actually, don't.) and Sam Beckett (The Quantum Leap hero, not the playwright.

All my Canthans are just Japanese names.

And my only Elonian... I used an Egyptian name generator. <_<

-------------
    And could someone please tell me where I'm going wrong with my story please? I'm getting worried peeps are starting to decide it's going nowhere fast or something, or I've left a glaring gaff that completely derails it somewhere.
    Last edited by The Pointless; 19-04-2007 at 00:11.

Apologies if this is something that has already been discussed, but got a toon in the making that may or may not later become a character in a story, and while I've got the first name set in stone, a good surname continues to evade me, and the name generators I've generally fallen back on aren't providing. Which led me to wonder, where do you guys pull names from?
    I pull names from everywhere, from serious to silly, usually depending upon how I feel at the moment. Some samples:

Armand Leblanc - Named after a never used, never-seen NPC in an RPG of mine that just happened to have a lot of French NPCs in it as part of it was set in the French Bordeaux. About the only thing the GW Armand and the NPC Armand have in common is they're both blonds.

Reine DeCoeur - Literally, the "Queen of Hearts."

Isoke Soja - Isoke was the name of another character from the aformentioned RPG. West African/Yoruba origin. I never established the original Isoke as having a surname, but for GW's sake I chose "Soja" which is Yoruba pigdin for "soldier." Seemed appropos for an Elonian warrior.

Battlehammer Barbie - Warrior/mule. Name is rather self explanitory, as is the character (leggy blond in pink drakescale).

Astarte Dawnfire - Dervish, named for the ancient Mesopotamian goddess of love, sexuality and war. "Dawnfire" was the surname of an old deleted warrior of mine that I revived for this character, as the goddess Astarte was also associated with the planet Venus as the morning star. As I recall anyhow. My strength was more in Greek mythology rather than Mesopotamian. "Eos Dawnfire" didn't have the same kick to me though, so I went with Astarte.

When it comes to GW, I have a tendency to come up with more neat names than I have character slots. Ugh. Otis Of Mayberry, El Vaquero, Whip Poor Will, etc.
    Last edited by jciardha; 19-04-2007 at 01:28.