PC Gaming News
Page 119 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1290
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by SwitchDK View Post
    More exciting news for the peeps who are interested in the GW lore and read old school paper books in real life (actually it might be available in an electronic version as well). The book Guild Wars Edge of Destiny has been released. Read more here:

http://www.arena.net/blog/the-new-gu...dge-of-destiny
    It'll be available electronically the 28th.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

BaR; Dii
    Quote Originally Posted by Domethilde Du Lac View Post
    Happy holidays to our cousins in BaR!
    Thanks! And likewise :)

SwitchDK - doh, I'll need to host those images then.

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

BaR; Dii
    Cnet and Lavasoft are offering free Ad-Aware Pro for limited time... I'm not sure when this expires

http://reviews.cnet.com/exclusives/

Happy new year BaR!

does anyone know how to get guild wars to run on mac? @_@

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

BaR; Dii
    On my gf's mac, I used crossweavers - no problem for me so far.

You can try a trial at http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxgames/

As Barinthus mentioned you can use CrossOver or maybe even CrossOver for Games. I found this thread which might be of interest to you, click here (just ignore all the flaming going on).

Of other really good paid for applications out there is Parallels.

You can always dual boot a Mac (with Bootcamp) and run a Windows XP/7 installation (of course that requires a valid license).

I am not that familiar with Mac but use Linux quite a bit and since the principles are similar maybe some of the ideas are useful to you.

To run Windows applications in Linux I use Wine. Wine has been split up in multiple development trees now and some of them are optimised for gaming (CrossOver is actually part of Wine as well). A free application is called PlayonLinux. I quite like it and it works great on Ubuntu linux on my laptop (it is a bit sluggish though). If you are willing to fiddle around a bit it shouldn't be difficult to get it to work on Mac. It is also possible to use the original Wine for Mac, which can be found here.

Hopefully I haven't just confused the matter.
    Last edited by SwitchDK; 07-01-2011 at 13:25. Reason: Added link to Wine for Mac

I don't want to dual boot or run a virtual machine because that involves installing Windows, that takes up a large amount of hard drive space, and I only have 250 GB :[

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try to get it to work over the weekend.

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

BaR; Dii
    SwitchDK is correct - Crossover Games is a Wine application. I had no problems installing it and downloading GW.

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

BaR; Dii
    I saw this on teefury - they're selling this shirt until Sunday 9pm PST.

I liked it but I think it'd look better as a poster instead of on a t-shirt. Kinda too big of an image for my taste.