PC Gaming News
Page 18 of 129 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
    Must resist urge to rant...
    *rolls will save*
    Critical failure...

Ahem...

I think Nintendo is far from its decline... More than three franchises keep the company alive, and those three are far from dead.

First of all, Mario isn't dead or anything close to it. Remakes and spin-offs? What do you expect sequels to games be, when you boil it down? Almost ANY game in a series could be defined as a remake of one of the others. If they couldn't, then they aren't in the same series. I believe the Mario series does a good job of keeping variety in the games as new games come out. As for the spin-offs, I have to testify that Mario Tennis is one of the most addicting games you will ever play.

Zelda is FAR from being dead, too. I'll let TP testify to that.

I haven't really played the FPS Metroid games, but I can speak for the 2-D ones. I'll say this: I had A LOT more fun playing Metroid: Zero Mission than Metroid 2 for the original Gameboy.

Eh, I can see Starfox going down, although I only seriously played the 64 one. Can't really speak on this issue.

Pokemon will probably keep going, if it goes down, it will be because of all of the negative stigma that it is a stupid kid game, a reputation it doesn't deserve.

Fire Emblem. Not dead, I thought PoR was one of the best ones.

These mentioned franchises aside, Nintendo has some newer ones, and is constantly adding more. Pikmin is a good, fresh series, and Nintendo is starting to move the Tales series in from Japan, which is a very good series (I would have thought zelosjr would have mentioned that o.0)

Now... as for PS3 vs. Wii. First of all, just to be clear, you can make a slideshow with your photos. However, as for this and all the extra features on both the PS3 and the Wii, I say this: when I buy a console, I want a video game. All the other stuff is nice, but I'd rather have a great console than a so-so one that plays DVDs and displays photos. As for graphical power of the PS3 and the Wii, same thing, great graphics are nice, but it is a video GAME, not a video SHOW, and I'd rather have a console with great games than a console with great graphics.

I did say ones widely known and popular here you know, The tales series isn't doing nearly as good here as in Japan dispite the fact that every smart Gamecube owner in the country owns a copy of ToS. And I did say that Metriod, Zelda, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem were going to keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by zelosjr View Post
    I did say ones widely known and popular here you know, The tales series isn't doing nearly as good here as in Japan dispite the fact that every smart Gamecube owner in the country owns a copy of ToS.
    True, my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by zelosjr View Post
    And I did say that Metriod, Zelda, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem were going to keep going.
    Yes. I wasn't talking to just you, more to the people who say Nintendo is dead and gone.

hahhaha pokemon i have seen the last few games and i have to say they were bad real bad haha pokemon that shouldnt even be in here i can see fire emblem metroid castelvania mario and zelda but pokemon c'mon that has little kid writtin all over it that is just bad to bring something like that into this discussion,just because they keep pumpin out segual after sequal doesnt mean that it is doing good it just means the dedicated are willing to stay by it even if it does get stale and repitative while the hardcore and casual are willing to give anything else a try or move on to something better, i will even go as far to throw myself in front of the fire squad to say these 2 things i'm a huge fan of final fantasy i have almost all of them and while they are good
    i still want something bigger and better i would even give up all of them for something else,and as much as i like guildwars there is a day were i will walk away for a more better product im a gamer that wants better and new not something with the same char over and over again but with a twist on it i was there for the launch of nintendo and mario, and after the 3rd game i was bored as hell with everything mario had to offer from there on out

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Star Fox was doomed the minute Rare sold out to Microsoft, the same with other excellent titles like Perfect Dark. They made Falco *** in the new Star Fox, and I'm not using that as a derogatory term, he is just much, much, more affeminate now, which doesn't fit his character, and when he started hitting on Fox, I got alittle creeped out.
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

BaR; Dii
    I wanted to buy PS2 after PS3 come out since I figured the prices would drop.

I stopped by Costco today and PS2's still priced at 199.99?!?! Whatever

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Then they are ripping you off. I've seen them for as low as $80.
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

im sure gamestop or ebgames have them for lowere than cosco

Dallcingi
    The msrp of those slim ps2's are like... $129.99 at the stores. Proably cheaper online. And I saw $80 in some early bird sale haha.

I'm not saying Nintendo itself is dead, but I think some of the franchises are gonna hit a dead-end eventually. That said, I agree, Mario Tennis was AWESOME!

And to zelosjr, the most recent Sonic games are crap compared to the old ones. Sonic Heroes being a case-in-point. Didn't anyone ever teach Tails to use PRONOUNS?!? Gosh...