PC Gaming News

Thread: Bones

Bones

Is there an NPC that can actually do something with these?
    I never see anyone even asking to buy any, anywhere.
    Do most people just merch them? I got way more than anyone could ever use.
    Any help, as always, is appreciated.

Bones are a crafting material, used in several armors. There are also various collector items with similar names.

christyxcore
    There used mostly for necro armor, not sure what else.

Necro armor, and a rit armor uses them. The use for them is minimal compaired to the drop of them. Thus there is a surplus of them and the best thing to do is sell them to the material trader.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimShade
    ...the best thing to do is sell them to the material trader.
    The last few times I've checked the material trader, bones aren't selling above merchant price.

So rather than sell them ten at a time to the trader, I sell a full stack to the merchant.

Ya I find you get more at the merch than at the trader. Once you have 250 in storage just sell them

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Natalie Black
    Ya I find you get more at the merch than at the trader.
    The trader will sell at merchant price at a minimum. Never below.

So let's say you have 10 bones in your inventory and talk to the trader. Go to the Sell side, and it shows 10 gold for 10 bones. But if you actually request a quote, it's 30 gold. Meander over to the merchant, and the merchant will buy the ten bones for 30 gold.

So in this case, the only advantage of selling to the merchant rather than the trader is that you don't have to click "request quote, sell" 25 times to sell off a full stack.

There are almost no bone requests in the major trade markets. I avoid collecting bones by not salvaging items that yield bones, like bone staves. I see an item like this and immediately merch it.

Same goes for granite; my Geomancer just bought his set of Drok's armor and consumed all of 41 granite slabs. All my lodestones immediately go the merchant.

I expect bones to be a more commonly used crafting material in Nightfall, given the more 'primitive' style that the Elonian armors seem to use.

I kinda want to see a warrior armor that uses most granite slabs instead of iron.

There's no need (right now) to sell bones to the material trader since they will always just give the base value for them so just sell them to the merchant, it's quicker and he'll take all of them not just stacks of 10.