PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

thanks selber for remind them of this.
    and remember there are probably even more people who prefer 6. Indeed its mainly the hardcore HA people who prefered 8. And its mainly hardcore pvpers who will go to the effort of posting about pvp in forums. (ex: you are a good cook and dont care about space exploration, you post in cooking forums, not space exploration forums, logical).
    So it seems true that an overwhelming majority prefer 6v6. The polls show it, even though they were made in a forum, that probably had more die hard pvp fans per user, than the game itself does.

None of that was proof. What would be proof is a comparison chart between games played average between 6v6 and 8v8, or people entered. I don't particularly care what people's opinions on the change are, I want to see what is actually happening.
    Last edited by Parker Bsb; 13-10-2006 at 12:53.

Anet can't please everyone :/

Quote Originally Posted by Cirian
    Anet can't please everyone :/
    True, but they could do an awful lot better at pleasing more people. Adding a 6v6 Arena (it could even give fame. I don't care!) to the game would have pleased the people who wanted it and not alienated the people who played (and I use the past tense) GW for HA. The biggest problem with Anet's PR is that they don't know how to give without taking something away. Look at Champion points, for example. A lot of people were happy that it was dropped to 1200rating (myself included) but in doing so it angered people who prized it as a very difficult goal (at 1500). If they wanted to please more people (in general a good thing if you then want those people to give you money) they could simply have made a separate title for 1200 (or they could have started it at 1200 to begin with. Can't take away something that hasn't been given).

I'm still pretty certain that once the novelty wears off this place will become as dead as TA. Infact, why didnt they make TA 6v6?

Also - the only place i have to go to to find some real competition these days is GvG, and somtimes that just isnt possible whenever i feel like it because I/my guildies have seperate lives and schedules.
    Anet shouldn't always bend to the masses because the masses don't always care outside a limited scope. The government doesn't stop taking taxes because the masses want it because its what makes the country function.

Will it be possible for Anet to get statistics of the players in HA in a few months time, and compare them to the amount when it was 8v8?
    Last edited by Tucks; 13-10-2006 at 13:43.

I much prefer 6v6 tbh...

GWOnline.Net Member
    Well HA is not anymore about how skilled the player is and the build, but it is all about the build!!

6v6 HA = builds win games and player skills are not that important anymore.

I like both formats, I like slightly more 6v6, but at the end 6v6 is a noob fest contest in HA, it gets boring after a while to fight players that have no idea how to play well.

Pity GW HA was really interesting to play, the fights I use to have, counters here and countes there!!! Now very often you dont have the counter for some builds and you just have to resign and start again.

Ah well time to take a break from this game.

Well HA is not anymore about how skilled the player is and the build, but it is all about the build!!

6v6 HA = builds win games and player skills are not that important anymore.
    L M A O - so clearly taking characters SOLELY to control heroes in the HoH wasn't build orientated?

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aire
    L M A O - so clearly taking characters SOLELY to control heroes in the HoH wasn't build orientated?
    LOL It is not my fault you couldnt beat those builds in 8v8 LOL.

Anyway those builds still exist now in 6v6 so your point is????

ahhhh, g-hey.