PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Identification Delay, "You Have Fought To Recently To Do That"

Why have this delay? Who gains what from it?

I say remove it.

I know many people will say the change could distract PVE, but it only takes like 2 seconds to identiy. It is just a waste of 10 seconds or so.

Anet, please remove this or explain why it is there.

I hate that too. But i can understand why it's there. So people don't get distracted when other people in a group are still fighting and such. Even though its a pain it kind of makes sense. Just wait then ID.

Well, I'm pretty sure there used to be a major crash bug that happened sometimes when people were identifying things during combat between launch and this change. I don't remember if it was stated as such or not, but I seem to recall that this change just happened to also prevent the crash from happening. I have no idea if that's the only reason, and if it is I have no idea how hard it would be to "really" fix the crash bug, but I hope that sheds a little light as to one reason it might be the way it is.

I can't wait, I need it now

I can't see a reason for it, it's flipping annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Fay Vert
    I can't see a reason for it, it's flipping annoying.
    I agree. After I've killed a mob and picked up my item, it's just annoying. I mean, it's not like I'm messing anything up by IDing something 1 second after a fight than 10 seconds after or w/e the waiting time is.

At release, it wasn't present. Then it was added, then broken, then put back.

What's even sadder is that it doesn't even work right if the goal is to prevent people from identifying when they should be fighting -- if they just stand there without taking aggressive action it counts as not fighting even if their allies right next to them are killing things or they're being attacked. That means monks that don't wand can completely avoid the timer, and it encourages other classes to stop fighting earlier to reset their timers and identify items.

Just remove it, we can leave teams/kick people if they idle too much taking care of identification mid-combat.

I think people just need to learn a little patience. Asking a lot I know.
    ~~~ Teana Zarahemla - Monk ~~ Trillin Mosiah - Warrior ~~ Kelanin Zarahemla - Ranger ~~~
    ~~~ Timarin Cepharus - Ritualist ~~ Emyli Abinadi - Ranger ~~ Kestrel Mosiah - Mesmer ~~~
    ~~~ Ruen Vandamar - Necro~~ Sovrin Retath- Assassin ~~ Wren Mosiah - Paragon ~~ Itis Tha - Elementalist ~~~

Founding Member of the Boat Crew and proud member of the Boat Crew Oarsmen [boat] - Got Anchor?

The Boat Crew is Guild of the Week!

I'll be honest, Its something that has never really bothered me...

I will quit GW if they don't take it out.