PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Geoffer's Bulwark not dropping?

Hi!

Unfortunately, Val Roize Lionheart's thread titled "The Double Green Weekend" has been closed - probably due to the nature of the first post...

Still, I want to talk about this, because - curious as it may seem - I'm afraid there is some truth in what he or she is referring to.
    I myself have tried farming Geoffer's Bulwark for over one hour and a half - as a W/Mo, with two henchies, at about two minutes per run. It did not drop.
    With the henchies f***ing up constantly and no green drop, this was one of the most frustrating things ever.

I have not calculated the theoretical drop rate that could have caused this, but it seems to me something must be wrong there. As I have had other greens drop this weekend (Lian's Lantern, Wing's Axe, Kaolin Blade) and the Bulwark apparently dropped for other people, I'm assuming there is something broken in this particular case, maybe depending on some hidden factors.
    (And please, don't anyone tell me that "drop rates can't be broken, it's just bad luck" - there has been a case before of an update fixing "unfair drop rates for some players", or something along those lines...)

So, has anyone made similar experiences they want to rant about?

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Generic Identity
    Unfortunately, Val Roize Lionheart's thread titled "The Double Green Weekend" has been closed - probably due to the nature of the first post...
    That's a pretty accurate assessment.
    Still, I want to talk about this, because - curious as it may seem - I'm afraid there is some truth in what he or she is referring to.
    I have tried to get the shield a bit today as well. I wasn't able to do so.

But note that I was also unable to get anything from Razortongue Frothspit or Sskai, Dragon's Birth. I was able to get a Quivering Blade from Sun, the Quivering (which I've never been able to get before this).

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that some of the drop tables were messed up a bit. I would suspect, however, that there's more to the story than that.

Yesterday, I went down from the Marketplace to kill Sun, the Quivering. I did four runs in a row, which means that I killed sixteen mobs of Am Fah (with four Am Fah per mob). In that time I got two Am Fah capes. That's it. No gold, no other drops. At all.

Today I did two runs -- got normal drops from the Am Fah (given that I was in a party with a few henchies) and got a Quivering Blade. And as I was killing Geoffer and his friends, I was getting normal drops. I didn't ever get his shield, though.

Responses in the closed thread indicated that others were getting the shield just fine. So maybe drop tables are tied to characters. Maybe some characters are particularly unlucky with certain green items. It's really hard to say.

So you farmed 90/2 = 45 times and didn't find it? That doesn't sound too bad... consider they triple drop rate was offset by two hench. If it fell once that would make its expected drop rate ~2% which seems very high as a normal drop rate actually. Plus maybe by farming that much over 90 minutes you triggered so anti-farming code?

Legendary Guardian, Legendary Skill Hunter, blog
    Member of Sacred Forge Knights [SFK]

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Oh, I should add that I didn't try nearly as often as the OP did. Maybe ten times today, with five henchies.

So honestly it didn't surprise me too much to not get the shield.

Partially relative, but prior to this event I farmed him 15+ times, solo, useing the monk that hangs out near there for healing and never got 1 from him. I got bored and moved on, but I would have expected something. I started to wonder if that group close by was effecting the drops in some way. I was using their monk for free healing.

Geofreis Bulwarks? the one with +10 vs priecing?

I got ~6 during combined Sskai faming (and only 5 sskai swords), it drops quite often imho. (killing geoffer to avoid antifarm code for Sskai.)

used Me/N signet of midninght build, trick for killing him fast and eficiently is to wait for Nagas to attack his group, and assist them in killing him - empathy and similar stuff you can cast in range without drawing attention to yourself, if he dies inside aggro circle, you get XP and drops assigned.

Yeah I had no problems with Ssaks Sword or Geoffer Bulwark. The on I never got to drop was Arrhhsh's Ageis. Me and 3 other guys went at it for an hour and none of use got the sheild. We did get some gold, purple and blue drops but no greens.

There are 3 mobs between him to that we killed in different order to aviod the farming code.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered

Quote Originally Posted by Generic Identity
    Hi!

I myself have tried farming Geoffer's Bulwark for over one hour and a half - as a W/Mo, with two henchies, at about two minutes per run. It did not drop.
    With the henchies f***ing up constantly and no green drop, this was one of the most frustrating things ever.

I have not calculated the theoretical drop rate that could have caused this, but it seems to me something must be wrong there. As I have had other greens drop this weekend (Lian's Lantern, Wing's Axe, Kaolin Blade) and the Bulwark apparently dropped for other people, I'm assuming there is something broken in this particular case, maybe depending on some hidden factors.
    (And please, don't anyone tell me that "drop rates can't be broken, it's just bad luck" - there has been a case before of an update fixing "unfair drop rates for some players", or something along those lines...)

So, has anyone made similar experiences they want to rant about?

Just want to say,
    I'm glad...thought I was the only one who can't get the shield. But still, I feel it's unfair. That's why I'm so furious about it.
    I know it's just a game... but we paid real money on it. Bahh..
    Now, I'm enjoying my Anti-Farming Code.

I got ~6 during combined Sskai faming (and only 5 sskai swords), it drops quite often imho. (killing geoffer to avoid antifarm code for Sskai.)
    Now that's a really lucky guy.

Just goodluck to all who need the shield though...
    ~Val Roize Lionheart.

maybe it is number of people vs difficulty of boss.
    i.e. i did 2 man sskai and geoffer with a warrior. we each got a sskai sword and bulwark after this we went our seperate ways. however when attempting 3 man the shield never dropped for anyone and the sword only droped rarely. this makes me think that ANet changes the drop rate for certain bosses depending how often they are farmed vs size of groups. i mean comparing this to a 8man runeme and guildies did of the stone bosses in Aborstone we got a green off of almost all of them.

Got the sheild on the first try with henchies. :-)