PC Gaming News
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]

Guild Rules Discussion Thread

As Blade and Rose is fast becoming a very large guild, I feel it is time we discuss guild rules and policies. Rather than mandate these too you, I will allow us all to discuss and have input on rules and reach a concensus. There will, however, be ground rules that are non-negotiable. These are as follows:

1. Keep vulgarity to a minimum. I do not mind a few casual curse words, but large amounts of profanity or profane comments will not be tolerated.
    2. Respect other guildmates and officers. You do not have to agree with everyone, you do not even have to like everyone, but you do have to treat everyone in the guild with civility and respect. If there is an issue between two guildmates that cannot be resolved peacefully between them, then report it to an officer or myself immediately and we will decide the course of action to take.
    3. Be considerate to others beliefs and values. Not everyone believes the same things, or has the same idealogies. Refer to Rule 2.

Those are the ground rules. Please suggest and discuss other possibilites for rules. If you need inspiration, feel free to review the rules of other guilds here on GWO. I do not want to be an authoritarian, but at the same time, I do not want our guild to be anarchy. Punishments should also be discussed for violations of these rules.

Everyones input is welcome and encouraged. I want this to be our rules, not just my rules.
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

Dallcingi
    Hrm... I believe you've got everything pretty much covered... as looting from our guild comes from respect, and of course, beliefs and values is important to note. Perhaps "accidential" violations could be looked into and may give another chance (it happens sometimes..). I guess I could add by saying "Treat others as you want them to treat unto you", the golden rule. You do not want others shunning you from them because you did it to them... right? (And then you may be busy in pvp, so then you can use do not disturb like I noticed Quintus had on.)

And please, no offensive comments (to eachother). I really like to have fun and joke around and such but having fun in a bad manner is a no no. The same goes with any opponents faced in pvp, you may taunt them sure (or even aggrovate them hehe), just dont overstretch or else we would be looked down upon by others.

Quintus did mention in the recruitment threads that we will not ask for anything from anyone, everything is voluntary. So I would like to quote that too, as if you do not feel like donating, so be it. But remember, guilds are meant for us to have fun together and playing your part will make things more prosperous (hrm... im in writing an essay mode sry lol. wrote 3 today >.<)

Anyways, those are my thoughts about rules. Basiclly the three that Quintus stated, just extended and explained to some extent.

I would like to suggest that rule #3 be refined:

Original:

Be considerate to others beliefs and values. Not everyone's beliefs and idealogies are the same are the same nor have the same idealogies. Refer to Rule 2.
    Refined:

Be considerate to other players beliefs and values. Not everyone's beliefs and ideaologies are the same. Derogatory comments including references to a player's race, religion, or ethnicity will not be tolerated. Refer to Rule 2.
    My suggestion is to keep the amount of rules to a minimum. Too many rules and that's where the "authoritarian" concept is born. Also the use of too many rules can make players uncomfortable to the mindset of "walking on eggshells" just trying to make sure none are broken.

You can have fun with your guildmates, just try to make sure that when you do, you're not degrading anyone. It stands to reason that you'll treat ALL players with similar respect. No putting someone down from another guild or making fun of someone in the Hall. Just be polite and have fun.

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Wasikoo, I do like your reformation of Rule 3. I will definitely change that in the final version.

So as of right now, our rules are as follows:
    1. Keep vulgarity to a minimum. I do not mind a few casual curse words, but large amounts of profanity or profane comments will not be tolerated.
    2. Respect other guildmates and officers. You do not have to agree with everyone, you do not even have to like everyone, but you do have to treat everyone in the guild with civility and respect. If there is an issue between two guildmates that cannot be resolved peacefully between them, then report it to an officer or myself immediately and we will decide the course of action to take.
    3. Be considerate to other players beliefs and values. Not everyone's beliefs and ideaologies are the same. Derogatory comments including references to a player's race, religion, or ethnicity will not be tolerated. Refer to Rule 2.
    4. Remember, you represent not only yourself, but the entire guild. Try to refrain from taunting or making derogatory comments to teammates or opponents in PvP matches, as this reflects badly on the entire guild.
    5. Donations to the guild are not required, and no one will ever require a mandatory donation of anything. However, I do encouage our members to help out their guildmates if they have it in their ability to do so.
    6. Respect alliance rules.

Please continue to discuss. I want everyone to be pleased.

zelosjr, please do not spam like that. Not only are you derailing our thread, but you are violating GWO's rules as well. I deleted the post.
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

This looks very reasonable to me. It all boils down to the golden rule - treat others how you would like to be treated.

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Yeah well, most people can see that, but for those who can't, it's all clearly spelled out =P