1. Enraged Lunge
    2. Feral Lunge
    3. Call of Haste
    4. Call of Protection
    5. Comfort Animal
    6. Charm Animal
    7. Troll Unguent
    8. Res sig

I usually run with 12 BM, 9 Wilderness, 9 Marksmanship.

She either uses a bow or a +10/+15 energy staff

I guess the focus on this build is to get the 'most' out of Enraged Lunge. I'm pretty sure it can be better, but as a Me/R... I think it is ok for now. So any constructive criticism would be helpful. Thanks.

If its made for Me/R issnt it better to post it in the Mesmer forum? in stead of Ranger

And for the skills; i would add some more dmg skills, you only have 2 attack skills; Enraged Lunge and Feral lunge, what if you replace Call of Protection with other attacking skill?

*shrugs* I don't usually run BM on my ranger much, but I would rather drop Call of Haste as opposed to Call of Protection. Just not really sure what to change.

Enraged lunge is 5 seconds recharge I think you're fine with the two attack skills, but if you did pick a third I would suggest something with a middle of the range cooldown, i.e. 5-15 seconds. If you pick something with a short recharge, my only thinking is that it may be less likely to get the full benefit of E.L.

I use a very similar build, except I often use Predators Pounce( +29ish damg at high BM and gives pet around 40-50 health.)

I also have been using Pred. Bond instead of Troll Ungent, but that would be purely a comfort level thing. and would prob depend on where you're fighting, who you're partied with.

Keep P. Bond, CoP, and CoH up and spam EL and PP(or other attack)

I wouldn't sub out CoP or CoH personally, just because the increased attack speed is nice, and allows EL to hit a bit faster.

"Advice? Ermmm.....bring a mesmer?"
    "I had to attack it...it was looking at me funny..."

What's the benefit of pred bond over troll? Just curious.. I think it gave the pet +3 regen? It might be something to look into, as I would be able to drop wilderness and put it into something else.

EDIT: Ah just looked it up... getting 25 heath whenever my pet hits does sound kinda nice.

EDIT#2: Since Pred Bond is a BM skill it would count toward the bonus damage of Enraged Lunge, thinking about switching Feral Lunge with Predator's Pounce.. nice heal for the pet is good. Thanks.
    Last edited by MoonUnit; 20-10-2006 at 17:34.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonUnit
    What's the benefit of pred bond over troll? Just curious.. I think it gave the pet +3 regen? It might be something to look into, as I would be able to drop wilderness and put it into something else.

EDIT: Ah just looked it up... getting 25 heath whenever my pet hits does sound kinda nice.

Yeah thats why I said it's kind of a comfort thing.

I use it because:

- Long Recharge: keeps E.L. ready to gank (with CoH, CoP, and P-Bond it's hard NOT to get the full damg of E.L.)
    - HP gain, especially while pet is under CoH is nice enough most of the time.
    - It's kept up about 2/3 of the time (assuming you have the energy to cast it once it's recharged) This is decent but where the comfort part comes in. You either need to know how to stay out of trouble or have faith in the monks for when it's not up.

I would say that's the one I play around with the most. Oftentimes I'll take Troll, but usually P-Bond is more there for it's long recharge and decent effects. If you're playing BM decently, you shouldn't need a ton of self-healing anyway.

Edit: I like using Feral Lunge too. If you know you're going against alot of Fleshy Creatures, it seems it would couple nicely with Poisonous Bite, though the 3rd attack would prob take the place of either CoH or CoP.

That's true, you shouldn't really be in the fray, your pet should heh. Any idea where I should stick points from wilderness. I'm guessing marksmanship as I don't have expertise as a Me/R. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Traynor Dragonblade
    Edit: I like using Feral Lunge too. If you know you're going against alot of Fleshy Creatures, it seems it would couple nicely with Poisonous Bite, though the 3rd attack would prob take the place of either CoH or CoP.
    Yea I was kinda thinking about subbing CoH for Poisonous Bite and using Feral Lunge as well, would prolly work wonders against those minos outside Ice Tooth. Altho I must admit.. seeing a lvl 8 pet do 60+ dmg is great to see.

EDIT: What kind of bow should I be using anyhow, I'm currently using a Thornbeard's Horned Bow, but I have a few others stashed away.
    Last edited by MoonUnit; 20-10-2006 at 17:51.

That's true, you shouldn't really be in the fray, your pet should heh. Any idea where I should stick points from wilderness. I'm guessing marksmanship as I don't have expertise as a Me/R. *shrugs*
    Hmm that is a good question. Well until they give us BM weapons like a focus or wand (*looks in A-Net's Direction), Marks may not be a bad choice, though a BM (Enraged-Lunge BM) skillbar doesn't always have room for the additional bow attacks. Alot of times I just switch onto my Vamp bow and auto-attack, at least I'm adding SOME damage for it, and I don't believe casting the pet shouts and attacks interupt your own personal attack movements. (Well I know some of the BM skills do, but not sure about attacks and shouts)

You could drop one of your shouts and throw on Tiger's/Beastial Fury for personal IAS and it would also charge Enraged Lunge by causing Charm and Comfort to be in "recharge" mode.

Using a bow might give you less energy as well, so if you find you have energy issues a wand/focus might be a good alternative to using a bow. You could stick your att. points in whatever wand/staff you're using.

Yea I was kinda thinking about subbing CoH for Poisonous Bite and using Feral Lunge as well, would prolly work wonders against those minos outside Ice Tooth. Altho I must admit.. seeing a lvl 8 pet do 60+ dmg is great to see.
    Yeah I like seeing Pounce hit for like 50-60 damg and then seeing E.L. hit for around 100 damg....every five seconds

Edit: Heh, I saw your edit. I would say a +5 energy, Vampiric one would be nice. If you can't deal with the health loss of the vamp, I'm sure another would be fine. Either a defense mod or a +Hp mod is usually my fav., I don't think they have +1(20%) Beastmastery mods, or else I would suggest that one.

Heh did ya see my edit? Too bad I can't find a staff that has the whole "BeastMaster" look to it heh. I do carry around an Insightful Zodiac staff tho.

Generaly I run

Enraged Lunge {E}
    Feral Lunge
    Poisonous Bite
    Scavangers Strike
    Troll Unguent
    Charm Animal
    Comfort Animal
    Whirling Defense/Res Sig

If im in a large party, and im a BM, ill hang back and bring res sig, if im solo, I bring WD just incase.

Bassically, you engage, Hit Feral Lunge (Damage +Bleeds), Poisonous Bite (Poison), then Scavangers (Damage + Extra Damage to conditiond foe), then when they are recharging I hit Enraged, It seems to work really well for me.