PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Blazing Spear too strong?

At level 16 it's 80 armor ignoring damage for only 7 adrenaline. . .

For a non-elite I can't think of anything else that comes close.
    Last edited by Auntie I; 24-10-2006 at 17:18. Reason: Change link to GWO link

twisting fangs beats it i think. Compared to other adrenal skills it is probably the strongest but its probably not overpowered.

oh well we can see in 4 days if it even stays the same.

I think Twisting Fangs is a bad comparison.

It's a melee energy skill that has a 15 second recharge

where as. . .

Blazing Spear is ranged and free to use as often as you get that addrenaline.

---------

Twisting Fangs works out very well with Flourish {e}, but I don't know if the synergy is going to be as strong as Blazing Spear + Focused Anger {e}

---------

Deep wounds asside I think the damage between the two would be very close honestly.

Paragon doesn't exactly have troubles getting deep wounds on a target either!
    Last edited by Auntie I; 24-10-2006 at 17:25. Reason: Change link to GWO link

How did you figure the 80 damage?

At Rank 16 I get 33 direct damage with 3 seconds of burning for 42 additional damage, which gives me 75 damage. Nice, I agree. It's also listed as a Spear Attack so I don't think it's armor ignoring. (Could be wrong on this)

Maximium, you've been here long enough to know not to link to Guildwiki. Please stop!

But gwwiki is great, what would we do without it.

Auntie I: Ah I see GWO finally has the skills up!

What can i say other than "My Bad"

----------

You are right again about my damage calculation. . . for some reason I punched in the burning as 16 damage a second when it should only be 14.

Pluss damage and degen still bypass armor though so you'll still be taking off a nice chuck. . .

All-Be-It a total of 74 instead of 80!

To Servant:
    I don't disagree that Guild Wiki is a useful site, it just that the policy on this site is that we do not allow links to it. Therefore, links will be removed. People who have been on the site for long enough to know better or who have been warned will be punished for breaking the rules. We do give new posters the benefit of the doubt and just remove the link and warn them not to post it.

To Maximium,
    No problem. I have no idea why there was a delay in getting the info up. I just switched the links, no biggie. However, even if the information is not available here, you can't link to Guildwiki. Site policy!
    Last edited by Auntie I; 24-10-2006 at 18:00.

Power Spike? :P

Bah, long recharge hmm. How about..Ah okay I'm stuck.

Yeah, Blazing Spear owns face.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie I
    At Rank 16 I get 33 direct damage with 3 seconds of burning for 42 additional damage, which gives me 75 damage. Nice, I agree. It's also listed as a Spear Attack so I don't think it's armor ignoring. (Could be wrong on this)
    Actually it's +32 damage with +42 damage from burning. All that damage ignores armor (though the 42 burning damage might not be met or might not add anything, for example if you hit a target that is already at -8 degen it'll only be +12 damage). So for a total of 74 'armor ignoring' damage.

In fact, the attack will do more than that considering there is also the base spear damage.

It's powerful, yes, but too powerful? Don't think so. 7 adrenal with a spear on a class that is likely to use Adrenal on non-attack skills (which depletes your attack skills) isn't very fast recharge. And it's truly not as if you were doing 74 damage straight on attack, which would allow for crazy spikes.

I think it's too powerful. Need toning down. Then there's mighty throw too, 2 adl or such.

Range is the advantage that paragon makes up for having to use up their adl on other skills.