PC Gaming News
    Relayer

New Paragon user - question.

Hello All.

I'm really new to guild wars, and my paragon is level 17. I have purchased all the skills the skill NPC offers me, but I see soo many skills I don't have on the skill list for paragons.

How do I go about unlocking and or getting these skills...? Same with the elite ones?

Thank you for your patience and I apologize for the newb question.

Elite skills you go capture it with a Capture Signet from Paragon bosses, or bosses that use paragon skills(only way you can get an elite skill), or Paragon skills you have to go to different outposts in Elona to get them, or you can also get them by doing quests.

Relayer
    hmmm okay -

I've done lots of quests and when I unlock skills it's not for paragon...

Also where do I get this capture signet?

GWOnline.Net Member
    It's more like Prophecies than Factions to apparently acquire skills.
    You don't get that big a skill selection in Kamadan or the starter island.
    I just got on the mainland with mine and the selection is still small.

I reckon there's a bigger city ahead in the story that offers all the non-Elite skills for all classes. Like Ember Light camp was in Prophecies, compared to Kaineng center in Factions which was right after the starter island.

Also about Signet of Capture, yeah, the skill vendors aren't selling those yet either. I had to take the travel to Tyria quest, since I own Prophecies, to get to Lion's Arch and buy some capture signets.

:::Spoiler:::

It's a bit weird though, there are already a few bosses after the Sunspear retreat/sanctuary phase, but can't find a skill vendor to sell Signets of Capture.
    My suggestion is keep on advancing the storyline, and check this site for Elites later on when you arrrive at a location where you can finally buy Signets of Capture.

GWOnline.Net Member
    ::Spoiler concerning Signets of Capture::

Elder Jonah gives a SoC quest after you complete his first quest (Melonni's Meditations if my memory serves me right). You can find him at Marga Coast, just outside the Sunspear Sanctuary.

Also, the guy in the Haven (small outpost after the big siege mission) sells Signets of Capture.

And if you're in a guild w/ a skill trainer, you can pick them up in your guild hall.

Ajax

Quote Originally Posted by VILenin View Post
    Also, the guy in the Haven (small outpost after the big siege mission) sells Signets of Capture.
    Yes, Yohlon Haven is the first one with Cap Sigs.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Relayer View Post
    Hello All.

I'm really new to guild wars, and my paragon is level 17. I have purchased all the skills the skill NPC offers me, but I see soo many skills I don't have on the skill list for paragons.

How do I go about unlocking and or getting these skills...? Same with the elite ones?

Thank you for your patience and I apologize for the newb question.
    Don't worry too much about unlocking every single skill. If you know you're going to use something, buy it for sure... but everytime you purchase a skill, the cost for the next one goes up. Eventually you'll have to pay 1,000g each for them. So you just wanna make sure that you're not reaching that max amount earlier than you deserve to.

Elite skills are a different story. When you capture one, you get 250 xp for every level you have (17 x 250 = 4250 xp), which is great if you're still trying to get to level 20 or get the Survivor title, even if you don't need the elite that badly.