PC Gaming News
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 160
  1. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWind View Post
    So what does this argument have to do with heroes in HA again? As far as I'm concerned you are making the argument to Anet for heroway to stay because now people won't get rank discriminated against because they can just bring heroes. Not the best idea. =/
    No, the arguement is that those who have rank worked for it and why the **** should ANet give it to lazy ***** who don't want to work for theirs? If you want something in this game, work for it, we've outlined for you how to do it.
    My freedom is in my blood, my freedom is in my pain, my freedom is in my love, my freedom is in my will. - Ю.Г.
    A written word is the choicest of relics. It is something at once more intimate with us and more universal than any other work of art. It is the work of art nearest to life itself. - Thoreau, Walden
    Zieg Divine Mo/N | Miranda Divine R/Me | Zieg On Acid N/Mo (PvP)

  2. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn Effer View Post
    It is their fault, it really is. A lot of people want to get better, but don't want to try hard to do it. (Our children that said their ideal future job would be lotto winners.)
    Playing devils advocate here, but this is not a job, its not work, it's a computer game we play for leisure and or pleasure, when it becomes "work / a job" it then becomes no fun at all, while a majority of working people tend to enjoy there chosen profession, there are still others that are only doing it because they get paid too, and given the choice both would rather do what they wanted to do, rather than work, if they had the money.

    In either case, this is a game. I played "Gauntlet" for a weeks on end, not to gain some high level but because it was fun, Guild Wars is quickly become a day to day chore that, if you don't play you fall behind.

  3. #113
    of course rank disrimination exists. im rank 9 and play with guildies and friends list people most of the time, but if i should find myself looking for a pick up group, then usually i want people around my rank. i feel no shame in saying that, in fact why WOULDNT i want to do that ?

    however, how exactly are you sayng that changing to 6v6 has changed this ? lowering the player cap and adding heroes hasnt magically made higher ranked players want to take lower ranked players with them.

    getting ha back to 8v8 and wether so many npcs should be allowed per team was the point of the thread i thought.

  4. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiegDivine View Post
    If you want something in this game, work for it, we've outlined for you how to do it.
    Since when should a game involve having to work in order to play? You are making the perfect argument to keep heros in HA which was exactly the thing people were complaining to remove.

  5. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by grimwold View Post
    however, how exactly are you sayng that changing to 6v6 has changed this ? lowering the player cap and adding heroes hasnt magically made higher ranked players want to take lower ranked players with them.
    yeah, but the lower rank ppl now get to play! fast and easy because you can fill empty slots with heroes, amazing istn't it?
    now you never ever have to play with these poor low ranked souls ever!
    it must make you feel real good! oh wait... maybe you do not want them to get teams, maybe you would want HA exclusively for you and all the other high rank elite pros?
    get off your power-trip pls.


    well, i'm rank 6, and i gained this pre-heroes with my guild.
    but after a while i quit playing ha, because it goes this way all the time:

    - ask in chat for pvp
    - wait for ppl to show up
    - prepare the build
    - wait for people going to the bathroom
    - wait for people getting drinks
    - enter HA
    - play
    - lose a match
    - people suddenly have to leave (oh well...)
    - search new players
    - disband group

    so i quit.

    NOW, i can take a friend, figure out a build and play. instant action! istn't that great!?!

    well, we do not win very much, but sometimes we make it to the 3rd or 4th map (usually not during the rush-hour).

    i really don't get what you are complaining about...
    - decent teams win against heroes
    - heroes do not usually make it further than the 3rd map
    - heroes are "free" fame
    - many many people like heroes and play HA because of this great new feature
    - if you like REAL pvp without heroes, play gvg, it's top-tear pvp and hero teams will never stand there

    but why do you try to take this fun away from us, the players who benefit from heroes? it does not hurt you (if you are decent), so bohooo, you have to play 2-3 hero teams, get over it. don't be so selfish.

    anet, pls do not ban heroes from pvp, just look how many ppl like it and play it. PLUS many bought nightfall because of that feature, it's even on the box...

    edit:
    proposition: introduce hero-days: 4 out of 7 days in the week, you can take heroes, 3 days you can't.
    Last edited by SumXone; 05-11-2006 at 12:01.

  6. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWind View Post
    Since when should a game involve having to work in order to play? You are making the perfect argument to keep heros in HA which was exactly the thing people were complaining to remove.
    Why is this a perfect arguement? It's the truth ... fame emotes are aquired through work (it can be fun, but it's still hard work ... it's not easy getting a tiger). That's the way ANet implemented and kept it for the year and a half.
    My freedom is in my blood, my freedom is in my pain, my freedom is in my love, my freedom is in my will. - Ю.Г.
    A written word is the choicest of relics. It is something at once more intimate with us and more universal than any other work of art. It is the work of art nearest to life itself. - Thoreau, Walden
    Zieg Divine Mo/N | Miranda Divine R/Me | Zieg On Acid N/Mo (PvP)

  7. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by SumXone View Post
    yeah, but the lower rank ppl now get to play! fast and easy because you can fill empty slots with heroes, amazing istn't it?
    now you never ever have to play with these poor low ranked souls ever!
    it must make you feel real good! oh wait... maybe you do not want them to get teams, maybe you would want HA exclusively for you and all the other high rank elite pros?
    get off your power-trip pls.


    well, i'm rank 6, and i gained this pre-heroes with my guild.
    but after a while i quit playing ha, because it goes this way all the time:

    - ask in chat for pvp
    - wait for ppl to show up
    - prepare the build
    - wait for people going to the bathroom
    - wait for people getting drinks
    - enter HA
    - play
    - lose a match
    - people suddenly have to leave (oh well...)
    - search new players
    - disband group

    so i quit.

    NOW, i can take a friend, figure out a build and play. instant action! istn't that great!?!

    well, we do not win very much, but sometimes we make it to the 3rd or 4th map (usually not during the rush-hour).

    i really don't get what you are complaining about...
    - decent teams win against heroes
    - heroes do not usually make it further than the 3rd map
    - heroes are "free" fame
    - many many people like heroes and play HA because of this great new feature
    - if you like REAL pvp without heroes, play gvg, it's top-tear pvp and hero teams will never stand there

    but why do you try to take this fun away from us, the players who benefit from heroes? it does not hurt you (if you are decent), so bohooo, you have to play 2-3 hero teams, get over it. don't be so selfish.

    anet, pls do not ban heroes from pvp, just look how many ppl like it and play it. PLUS many bought nightfall because of that feature, it's even on the box...

    edit:
    proposition: introduce hero-days: 4 out of 7 days in the week, you can take heroes, 3 days you can't.
    hmmmm and this man is only 2 ranks above me and even he understands and wasn't even surprised by the amount of heroes in hero ascent. That just means alot of people heads are stuck under an even larger rock.

  8. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by SumXone View Post
    well, we do not win very much, but sometimes we make it to the 3rd or 4th map (usually not during the rush-hour).

    i really don't get what you are complaining about...
    - decent teams win against heroes
    - heroes do not usually make it further than the 3rd map
    - heroes are "free" fame
    - many many people like heroes and play HA because of this great new feature
    - if you like REAL pvp without heroes, play gvg, it's top-tear pvp and hero teams will never stand there

    but why do you try to take this fun away from us, the players who benefit from heroes? it does not hurt you (if you are decent), so bohooo, you have to play 2-3 hero teams, get over it. don't be so selfish.

    anet, pls do not ban heroes from pvp, just look how many ppl like it and play it. PLUS many bought nightfall because of that feature, it's even on the box...
    -Heroes make it to halls so often it's pitiful.
    -Heroes are free fame. Yes. FREE fame. How is killing bots for free fame over and over fun? Oh sorry, it's NOT fun.
    -Many many people only play because it feels like PvE. If they wanted to play around with their heroes, they could always play in Hero vs Hero... Which I'm guessing isn't used.
    -Hardcore HA'ers don't want to GvG.

    Don't be so selfish? We're selfish because we want to play real people in a PvP arena? If wanting to play something how it should be played is being selfish, then I guess we are.

    People bought Nightfall because of that feature. To help in PvE that is. I really don't think the PvE'ers thought: "Look! HA will be like PvE now! I think I'll buy it just for that reason!"

  9. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    -Heroes make it to halls so often it's pitiful.
    -Heroes are free fame. Yes. FREE fame. How is killing bots for free fame over and over fun? Oh sorry, it's NOT fun.
    -Many many people only play because it feels like PvE. If they wanted to play around with their heroes, they could always play in Hero vs Hero... Which I'm guessing isn't used.
    -Hardcore HA'ers don't want to GvG.

    Don't be so selfish? We're selfish because we want to play real people in a PvP arena? If wanting to play something how it should be played is being selfish, then I guess we are.

    People bought Nightfall because of that feature. To help in PvE that is. I really don't think the PvE'ers thought: "Look! HA will be like PvE now! I think I'll buy it just for that reason!"
    gaile told us we could use heroes in HA before nightfall release. "everywhere where henchmen are usable".
    want to play without heroes, try gvgs, it's fun, i know because i did thousands.
    hero pvp still is pvp, you play against 2 players. you can say it's not, but it still is.
    you say heroes make it to halls all the time yet you say they are free fame and easy to beat. i don't get it.
    if hero teams are not easy to beat, don't you embrace the challenge?
    you do not take "noobs" into your team but you do not want "noobs" to form hero teams, huh?

    in the beginning, when you people made your ranks, the athmosphere was different in halls, everyone was new to it, so groups formed easy. now there is an exclusive elite that doesn't allow anyone in. new players do not get teams. heroes are a big relieve for them.

    why is it less fun to beat 2 ppl + 4 heroes? because you know they do not get as angry as a full human team? because it boosts your ego? because... fill me in on that pls.
    obviously hero teams are a challenge as they make it to halls "all the time", so don't you like challenges? would you like newbies to form teams that are easier to farm? is that it? AHA!

  10. #120
    HA, is a PvP challange, not PvHero. If u want fight whit heros and versus hero, go on HERO BATTLES.

    Dont tell me "go GvG" cuz i like very much playing 6vs6 and doing next rank's. Who have fun killing a hero team?

    U have only one argument: "Wanna fast farm fame", its isn't good btw.
    Last edited by oonly; 05-11-2006 at 18:24.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •