PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question Are Henchies > Heros?

Hopefully this thread wont "disappear" like my last one did...

How exactly do you use Heros effectively? So far Im getting the impression that the henchies are better...

Both the henchies and the heros take a share of the money, and take loot.

Now with henchies I can understand the loot and money grabbing... sorta. But with heros, they take money and loot, yet... they dont need it? Were the ones outfitting them with our own money... except for the armour.

Anyway, hows the best way to use them? Ive got the healer and the warrior so far... and it seems like I level a heck of a lot slower with these guys than I did with henchies...

GWOnline.Net Member
    I prefer Heroes, I can setup my own custom skillbars for them as well as give them essential commands when necessary.

Feed heroes what you find...

The end.

I kinda hope it does disappear because this has been asked and answered 100 times before... ever since heroes were announced it begun.

In a word? No.

The fact that you can order them, combined with the fact that you control their skillbars, pretty much makes them unconditionally superior to henchies in my opinion.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Get the necro and ranger henchies, equip them for MM and interrupter roles respectively, and you'll wonder how you ever got through these games without them.

The ability to select a target and have a hero cast a spell on that is absolutely superiour.
    My prot hero with Mark of Protection has saved me in many mission when I force her to cast it on a quest/mission critical NPC.
    With henchies alone that would have been impossible and should have brought my own healing/prot spells (which doesnt match with my build).
    Being able to leave henchteam at an important location and then wander around to do some sideactivities with a healer hero makes them allready far more usefull.

I have noticed that the henchies and heroes do tend to become more often stuck, but thats both of them so...
    (a '/stuck partymember#' command would be usefull (when # is an AI player))

GWOnline.Net Member
    Tip:

Try out Sorrow's Furnace with henchies and then with hero's if you can. (If you have Prophesies)
    OR if not, try out a mission you think is hard on your own and try with and without.

I'd say Hero's > henchies.
    You just have to learn how to "use" them. (feel so dirty when saying that. ^_^)
    And since the AI is somewhat improved I just LOVE exploring now! Thanks Anet! Makes it all so much more enjoyable.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamingxashley View Post
    Hopefully this thread wont "disappear" like my last one did...

How exactly do you use Heros effectively? So far Im getting the impression that the henchies are better...

Both the henchies and the heros take a share of the money, and take loot.

Now with henchies I can understand the loot and money grabbing... sorta. But with heros, they take money and loot, yet... they dont need it? Were the ones outfitting them with our own money... except for the armour.

Anyway, hows the best way to use them? Ive got the healer and the warrior so far... and it seems like I level a heck of a lot slower with these guys than I did with henchies...
    moneytakingwise: henchies = heroes

effictiveness wise: heroes >>>>>>>>>>> henchies

if you disagree, then you didn t learn to use them right yet.

for gameplay Heroes a defiantly better than henchies
    for treasure/loot, both suck.
    SORRY.
    But yeah, we dress, feed, equip them. We chould get some compensation other than their company. It's more mercenary than loyal army when I am out there. PLUS if you have 20 characters and you've gotten 15 heroes, you've outfitted 300 people!
    BUT I also understand if the heroes gave you 100% of the drops then this would open up a whole new window of farming madness anyway. Though there are ways to farm with the heroes.
    “You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'” George Bernard Shaw
    Become a Pal and support the site
    Purchase your copy of Nightfall today!

IGN : Maahes Callistratos - Enchanted Whirling Dervish ; Luna Nochturne - Accursed Well Necro

They're getting paid for their services like henchies do. Their armor upgrades automatically and collectors have free max weapons for you. This is all free, thus they take the same gold and cost the same amount for upkeep.

On top of that, there is the option of upgrading their armor, weapons, and skill bar even further. It isn't necessary, and you probably shouldn't even be considering doing it for every single hero on all your characters. If that's your prerogative, more power to you, but don't ask for even more money and drops because you can't afford to do something that's entirely optional to begin with.

In fact, heroes in and of themselves are optional. If you really think it's a terrible amount of trouble to get them a collector's weapon, use henchies and stop complaining about them. Some of us actually appreciate the option of upgrading our heroes.