PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member

Double Dye Weekend

Since I saw no one had posted this yet. From www.guildwars.com

31 October 2006
    This weekend, you will have double the chance of scoring a dye drop in Elona. Come to the land of Nightfall and stock up on dyes for all your new characters. The event starts at Noon PST on Friday, November 3rd, and runs through 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, November 5th. Truly, this is an event to dye for.
    This is great news, but not if the dye stacking issue isn't fixed, then this seems to be distracting us from a problem that will be made more apparent.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Odd my dyes stack just fine.

GWOnline.Net Member
    My dyes also stack fine.. seems to be an isolated problem. Hopefully it'll be fixed before the weekend, which I'm sure will be great fun!

Mine stack as well...
    ANet does read the forums :P
    Only Elona? T_T

GWOnline.Net Member
    I may have found something about this:

Check the dye's price. (When sold to a merchant) If the price isn't the same, the dyes won't stack. Remember that quest that gives you a free dye? It most likely won't stack with the others and its price is different from a normal dye of the same color.

Not sure about this, but meh, that's all I know for now.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Selverein View Post
    I may have found something about this:

Check the dye's price. (When sold to a merchant) If the price isn't the same, the dyes won't stack.
    Exactly - Elona dyes have a different cost than Prophecies (+ Factions?) dyes; it's not a new vs old issue - new drops in Prophecies stack with Prophecies, etc. All the Elona dyes have values of 1 gold.

Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

Justice and Honor
    I bought dye in Kamadan last night 1 hour before the Mad King arrived. I also did the dye quest where you bring the dye trader flowers. The reward for that was one random dye.

I got yellow. Great, I had 4 yellows stacked in the Xunlai, add it to get 5 I thought...

Nope.

I put it in the Xunlai and my 4 that were there moved into my inventory...

That was odd...

So I pulled it out of Xunlai and dropped it on the four.

Nope.

The four moved over to the nearest empty slot. So I grabbed it again and put it on the four. They moved again. So I grabbed the four and moved them on the one new one. It moved.

It was like playing with magnets - use the magnet in your hand to repell the other magnet all over the room...

Now I have two stacks of yellow dye - those I got before Nightfall came out, and the one I got last night.

Frustrating.

Dyes in Kamadan costs a -lot- more than 1 coin...

The yellow for going for 190 last night. I bought a green to go with it for 110. Black was going for several thousand.

Crafting materials in Prophesies and Factions often have different costs by 10-50 coins, but still stack.

The price that is different is the Merchant price, not the trader prices. The trader prices, I believe, are universal to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by LionHeartlily
    This is great news, but not if the dye stacking issue isn't fixed, then this seems to be distracting us from a problem that will be made more apparent.
    Great news on the dye weekend.

However, yeah, I can't, for the life of me, stack what dye drops I've already received in Elona with ones I have in storage. I thought, at first, I was the only one but guildmates have also had issues with it and apparently the OP has as well. Hope this is fixed if there truly is an issue at hand prior to the weekend, if not - looks like it's time to make a dye mule.

Double Dye weekend sounds great, even if it's just Elona.
    I had the stacking issue as well, but I only stockpile the more expensive dyes anyways, so not to big a deal for me. Would be frustratingif your hoarding all kinds though.