PC Gaming News
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Just to see, I cleared a low island area and got 3 brown dyes! Strangely, I also got 4 Keys lol

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Minex View Post

To answer nkuvu, I've played with other players, henchmen, and heroes.
    I think the people getting lots of dye drops are playing solo. At least I am. High level areas, but I don't notice a huge difference when doing low ones.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Garreth MacLeod View Post
    1 brown, 1 yellow...I don't think we're all playing in the same game. lol
    I concur. During non-double-drops on newbie island I was getting one or two dyes per night. Since double-drop started.. I've gotten one all weekend despite playing more hours. I know its just coincidence and things are working fine but.. grr.. I wanted some dye!

Dallcingi
    I am going to create a pre searing and compare how I did in Elona... where I got 2 drops in 3 hours.

And I am playing solo, nkuvu's question.

Things started out slowly for me but once I figured out the route that was working best, things picked up. I have gotten:

6 Yellow
    6 Silver
    5 Red
    2 White
    1 Black
    4 Green
    9 Blue
    2 Brown
    8 Purple
    6 Orange

I've also gotten a few +15/50% inscriptions off the runs as well as a few Survivor and Radiant insignias and some other minor runes and insignias. Also, don't forget all the other stackable items I now have:

77 Skale Teeth
    17 Chunks Of Drake Flesh
    12 Iboga Petals
    32 Skale Fins
    71 Juvinile Termite Legs (I stopped picking these up)
    36 Spider Webs

For those of you not having any luck, try this route. There are plenty of mobs and its a fairly quick run.

To answer the question, I was playing either with a group of people just running around, clearing (elite capping), then tried my hubby, one hero and me, then finally decided to give in, and go solo beating on the level ones on the island. Then, I finally got dyes. But, I'm sorry, I do not get any enjoyment out of being a level 20 beating up level 1-6 enemies. There is no skill involved, and no fun. So, I settled for my 3 dyes, and am going back to actually playing in a way that involves skill.

Please don't take this as me whining or complaining, because, honestly, I don't REALLY need the dye. I would have liked to have gotten some brown dye, but it's really not the end of the world for me.

I just kinda expected to see dyes in regular gameplay. I didn't solo at all during the greenie weekend, and only a few times went with full human teams, and still got a pile of nifty greenies, which my new heroes are loving.

As a random side note, this was helping me to map areas of Elona! :) And during my newbie island minion zerg for dyes, I got enough silk to keep my mesmer in new duds for quite some time!

Quote Originally Posted by vader View Post
    Things started out slowly for me but once I figured out the route that was working best, things picked up. I have gotten:
    that is an easy and quick run....did it with my ranger (barrage)....little slow because of the enemies that don't agro without you attacking...gonna try my MM...should go considerably quicker since they'll kill anything red

GWOnline.Net Member
    like i said before, my luck began back in halloween and since then i have got:
    2 white, 2 black, 7 brown, 4 silver, 6 red, 10 green, 3 blue, 5 purple, 12 orange, 4 yellow, for a total of 55 dyes since halloween.
    i've actually played on tuesday and wednesday then only restarted saturday.
    i've been doing almost the same route vader did, so if any of you aren't so lucky, try doing that solo, although i've had times doing 3 runs and getting 15 dyes on that, and others where i didn't get any, so all i can tell you is: try :)
    good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by migu View Post
    like i said before, my luck began back in halloween and since then i have got:
    2 white, 2 black, 7 brown, 4 silver, 6 red, 10 green, 3 blue, 5 purple, 12 orange, 4 yellow, for a total of 55 dyes since halloween.
    i've actually played on tuesday and wednesday then only restarted saturday.
    i've been doing almost the same route vader did, so if any of you aren't so lucky, try doing that solo, although i've had times doing 3 runs and getting 15 dyes on that, and others where i didn't get any, so all i can tell you is: try :)
    good luck!
    Wow! I think thats how many I've ever found since playing from launch.

I think I just have bad luck.

As for the previous question about group status, I've tried solo, with hench, and with one hero.

I'm using new character who is now lvl 8. That shouldnt make a difference though.

But anyways, I'll keep trying.

Uhh, I've been having bad luck the whole weekend, but today I got my first ever white dye and I'm proud And happier, since I also got a silver dye. Which I like :)