PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What IAS do you use?

On your spear-using paragon. I've tried a lot, none I'm entirely happy with though.

IAS? What is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Celtor Dunough View Post
    IAS? What is that?
    i think it stands for Increased Attack Speed

either way what it means is it is a stance that increases your attack speed.

Quote Originally Posted by critical vengeance View Post
    i think it stands for Increased Attack Speed

either way what it means is it is a stance that increases your attack speed.
    Not necessarily a stance. Aggressive Refrain is an Echo. Works really well if you use lots of Shouts.

I love aggressive refrain, all you need is anthem of flame and you can keep it up permanently.

I usually combo aggressive refrain, mending refrain, and anthem of flame for free IAS, free mending on the entire party, and widespread burning.

if I'm not using much shouts or chants, I use the warrior skills flail.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromas View Post
    I love aggressive refrain, all you need is anthem of flame and you can keep it up permanently.

I usually combo aggressive refrain, mending refrain, and anthem of flame for free IAS, free mending on the entire party, and widespread burning.
    I do that too...except I dont use mending refrain and use watch yourself instead sometimes I carry "They're on fire!" to reduce damage too.

Aggressive Refrain in most of my builds, generally with Anthem of Flame and Go for the Eyes!. Between those two shouts, at ~10 Leadership (18sec duration) it usually never drops during battle, even if I'm not really paying attention to keeping it up.

I don't bother much with Spear damage. Blazing Spear, Cruel Spear and Spear of Lightning is pretty much the sum of my direct offensive abilities as a Paragon. Next to that, I carry either a Command GftE and Anthem of Flame build, or a Motivation Never Give Up! Never Surrender! build. I'm unimpressed by the Paragon's direct damage, so I think an Increased Adrenaline Gain is more important than an Increased Attack Speed.
    Ofcourse, I'm open to suggestions about good spear builds that aren't 10X weaker than Rangers, Warriors, Dervishes and Assassins.

The thing is, IAS, because you're hitting more often, in most circumstances directly translates into greater adrenaline gain. 33% IAS is, other factors aside, 50% more adrenaline, as well as more damage dealt while gaining that adrenaline. So, except for Focused Anger, there's not much else in the game that can beat IAS for gaining adrenaline (Anthem of Fury perhaps if you're considering the multiple-person scenario).

As far as a spear damage build goes, you might try this:

Cruel Spear, Spear of Lightning, Wild Throw, Anthem of Flame, Go for the Eyes!, Aggressive Refrain, ________, _________

The last two slots can be just about anything - Anthem of Envy can be a decent damage boost, Disrupting Throw if you want an interrupt/followup, a res skill if you're bringing one, Barbed Spear if you want bleeding, et cetera.