PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fond GvG memories?

Every so often it's fun just to mess around... anyone care to share some of their fun memories in GvG? Whether it be serious games that were fun as well, or not-so-serious...

Personally, I think one of my favorites (from a fairly long time ago, and multiple guilds back) had to be this....

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ntingsheep.jpg

(Yes, all names posted with permission... not that it really made a difference.)

warrior isle... getting absolutely destroyed by a superior high ranked team.... having half of our team dead on 60%, out of res, out of npcs... the others on serious dp... the other team is on 10% and just toying with us until VOD... at vod, we split, our monk tries to hold them off while our hammer war and myself (flourish sin) supported by an ele (i think) try to go for their base.. they split, their ranger completely traps our only passage, while their war/monk/whatever else just sit back behind him... our warrior rushes head in gets hit by all the traps but frenzies on regardless... myself and the support char blindly chop and hit whatever we can, forcing them back and killling all 4, but losing the support char in the exchange.... the war and me rush the lord... the other team panic, there was apparently some confusion, letting our monk somehow keep the lord and himself alive... myself and the war hammer pound the guild lord, knowing we dont have time fall back and self heal since theyre about to get ressed, and some of them are coming back to defend the lord.. the war, who was taking the most damage dies, and im about 2 blows away from death... just as is our lord... but their lord too... people are shouting in TS, im low on energy im not sure if i can manage another combo.. i cant remeber when i last cast siphon speed, and if i should waste a precious 2 seconds to recast (cant start my combo without it, relying on BLS to start which needs a hex)... **** it i say, i dont have time its do or die.... flurry, BLS-ox-spider-twisting fangs... around 3 criticals.... and one very dead guild lord...

everyone screaming in TS, being the one who killed the lord, having the other team typing "omfg!!!!!!!!! wtf?????"... just priceless

Lots of outstanding moments, but this is one of the best:

http://www.saunalahti.fi/deya/loltss.jpg

(From GWFC season II playoffs versus Rus Corp)

First the Bad
    i mean we were a low low rank they match us up with a 200, i really dont even rememebr us planting the flag at all that match....much less getting within sight of it

Good
    Some cocky SF team 2 monks 6 SF eles that spammed the phrase "resign much" from start to finish.....We got our tails blown away at first run to flag, monks stepped up beat em back ended up watching them all "resign much" at about the 20 minute mark as we pounded on there lord...
    (makes me feel all good inside beating back a bunch of snobs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2VPaekO7aI

This was a battle we had yesterday..
    We had the upperhand at the start but at around 10 minits their morale went higher then ours. Just before VoD we went for a split, Me (Fainty Hybrid, monk) went the backway to their base with a warrior (Five) and a mesmer (Draug) who had the guild thief with him.
    Almost at their gate VoD-triggered and we where a bit supriced about that (didn't watched the timer at all). And someone thought we would get back due to that VoD. I draw a circel around our split and said over vent to stay here.
    We waited till the last archer was past their lord and went in. the rest is history as you can see inside the link.

Quote Originally Posted by krulhardt View Post
    warrior isle... getting absolutely destroyed by a superior high ranked team.... having half of our team dead on 60%, out of res, out of npcs... the others on serious dp... the other team is on 10% and just toying with us until VOD... at vod, we split, our monk tries to hold them off while our hammer war and myself (flourish sin) supported by an ele (i think) try to go for their base.. they split, their ranger completely traps our only passage, while their war/monk/whatever else just sit back behind him... our warrior rushes head in gets hit by all the traps but frenzies on regardless... myself and the support char blindly chop and hit whatever we can, forcing them back and killling all 4, but losing the support char in the exchange.... the war and me rush the lord... the other team panic, there was apparently some confusion, letting our monk somehow keep the lord and himself alive... myself and the war hammer pound the guild lord, knowing we dont have time fall back and self heal since theyre about to get ressed, and some of them are coming back to defend the lord.. the war, who was taking the most damage dies, and im about 2 blows away from death... just as is our lord... but their lord too... people are shouting in TS, im low on energy im not sure if i can manage another combo.. i cant remeber when i last cast siphon speed, and if i should waste a precious 2 seconds to recast (cant start my combo without it, relying on BLS to start which needs a hex)... **** it i say, i dont have time its do or die.... flurry, BLS-ox-spider-twisting fangs... around 3 criticals.... and one very dead guild lord...

everyone screaming in TS, being the one who killed the lord, having the other team typing "omfg!!!!!!!!! wtf?????"... just priceless
    lol, thats just brilliant. On the edge of my seat reading it :)

i like all the ones where my team is at like 50-60% dp, and we rush their guild lord at VoD and kill him...

me, my friend amaranth, kimo, mid, and my friend amaranth 3 japanese friends started guild Team Tal Rasha[RaSH] back when iB, RenO, EvIL, and WM all were at the top of the ladder, we got to rank 70 in 3 days which was probably the most fun time getting there considering how we would be spiking without any voice communication at all, we were 3rd rank Japanese guild behind Spnv and ScV, eventhough we almost flawlessed Snpv, half the guild were European, 1 US territory(ME) and others were japanese, had 1 day where we faced iB and RenO and lost and eventually broke up... and the other japanese guys joined Spnv and 1 joined EvIL for a while.

VoD had occured, we were behind, our midline was in the 40s but our back and front were -15 or higher. Druid's Isle. We had not planted the Seed on the bridge to their base. They had decided to do the same to us. When we came out of our base behind our few archers and bodyguard we brought the seed. As soon as they engaged our archers and destroyed them we planted the seed and rushed over. Just because, we left our Monks behind to body-block on the bridge. We killed their GL about 5 seconds after they managed to drop the first monk. Good times.

Bad: STUPID build, LAGGING ts, IDIOT tactic, clear defeat, first time.

Good: Split and killing Guild lord under 5 mins, other team was highter than we on 344 positions.