PC Gaming News

Poll: What HA FotM build is annoying/frustrating you the most right now?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

What HA FotM build is annoying/frustrating you the most right now?

With the release of Nightfall, several new FotM's were introduced, beginning a new generation of fame farmers in HA. So...

What Flavor of the Month build is annoying/frustrating/getting on your nerves/catching you off guard the most right now?

Of course, you can counter each of them separately, but having counters for each and every one of them can be troublesome.

Please share your comments on how the new FotM has affected the new metagame as well.

Searing Flames is more common than VIMway was a few weeks ago I dare say! It's really unbalancing to the point where you should probably have Mantra of Flame on your Monks.

Easy counter, but really, The fact that I bring such a specific defensive skill and get good use out of it most matches in HA...

I don't know for sure if it's just caught people by surprise or if it really is broken, but I hope to see less of the same thing over and over in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowleaf View Post
    Searing Flames is more common than VIMway was a few weeks ago I dare say! It's really unbalancing to the point where you should probably have Mantra of Flame on your Monks.
    We've been running Mantra of Flame with superb results. It's useful on pretty much every map, most importantly the Hall itself.

And yet I don't see much of a problem with the preeminence of flame builds. At last elementalists can apply this new thing called pressure. That's never been in their lexicon before, by jove. That was the sole property of warriors. Elementalists were always wrist cutters (EMo Prodigy heal/wards), flashbots, some other kind of warder, or yet another kind of warder.

Hero'es will not have the effect on gvg that it does on HA. Simply because gvg is only done because you have a guild full of players you want to play with.
    Believe it or not, HA used to consist of teams FULL of players who wanted to play with each other until you GvGers voted in the 6v6 nerf.
    Last edited by Tristan Chapin; 04-11-2006 at 12:21.

I don't see why IWAY, Rspike, Bspike and Touchers are even included. Touchers were never dominant in HA in the first place, 6v6 killed IWAY and Bspike and Rspike had been at the level of "waaaay below popular" for at least five months now.

They are all pretty weak, and i notice you didnt include ranger condition pressure, by far the biggest FOTM since release simply because its so easy to run in the HA enviroment with limited room for utility. I'm not saying its overpowered, im saying its just a FOTM build that should be included.

I think searing flames is broken :I

Quote Originally Posted by Malchiel View Post
    I think searing flames is broken :I
    I think you're a bad player :I

the new upcomming fotm is probly 6 bonding monks spiking with signet of mystic wrath, this build is so defensive its just annoying

they have lifebonds, vital blessings, aegis chains, life barriers
    even bad players can exploit this spike

they have lifebonds, vital blessings, aegis chains, life barriers
    even bad players can exploit this spike
    Not really. You have to have good coordination to run it. We (ImK) lost to it only once, and it was because 1. we never ran into it before and 2. Es was running it. We've ran into it a few times since, and we just outplay them. Dis-shot a blessed signet, pressure the BiPer, pre-prot key players, and it's gee gee.

With that said, Heroway is the most annoying FotM ... I don't even want to bother to get the 100 fame I need to rank up, I'd rather PvE at this point.
    My freedom is in my blood, my freedom is in my pain, my freedom is in my love, my freedom is in my will. - Ю.Г.
    A written word is the choicest of relics. It is something at once more intimate with us and more universal than any other work of art. It is the work of art nearest to life itself. - Thoreau, Walden
    Zieg Divine Mo/N | Miranda Divine R/Me | Zieg On Acid N/Mo (PvP)